Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] A walk along the river (20FG'20)

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player
Topic starter  

WHO: Boldstar & Otterwhisker
WHAT: A friendly stroll?
WHERE: RiverClan Territory, along the river near camp
WHEN: 20th day of the Moon of First Green 2020

Out with the old - In with the bold

‹‹‹‹ ››››

The warm breeze ruffled Boldstar's coat gently as he paused to make sure he wasn't outpacing his companion. He couldn't have concocted a more pleasant new-leaf evening if he had ordered it made just for his wishes. They were just reaching the river's closest point to camp, the sound of the water splashing was music to his ears and the lingering colors of sunset on the darkening sky brought joy to the eyes.

It was an extraordinarily nice evening after all of the struggles of leaf-bare.

"Is it every bit as medicinal as you had hoped?" He asked Otterwhisker with humor in his voice.

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator

Ashpaw ♂ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar ♂ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox ⚥ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther ♂ The Once and Future King

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

What I dream, the day might send. Just around the riverbend.

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Otterwhisker kept a leisurely pace beside her companion, not so much that she was pained by the walk, but because how immensely she enjoyed the walk. Even from camp to the rippling of the river, she was pleased, which could be heard from the subtle purr that creased from her maw every so often as they padded to their destination.

The slight breeze felt wonderful on her fur as they continued, and while she paused in to absorb her surroundings, she quickly caught up to her companion. It was thoughtful of the tom to remain close. It honestly wouldn't be the same without him. And he had returned in time for the sunset - what a perfect compliment to their night! When the pair approached the rushing notes of dissonance from the bubbling river, the mink she-cat gave a hearty purr.

"Just what the medicine cat ordered." She replied in turn, padding a bit closer to peek at the risen waters edge, testament to the volume of snow during a tough leaf bare. Honestly she wasn't sure if she'd make it, but it would all be worth it for one more new leaf. One more green leaf. It made the question lingering on her mind all the more turbulent. Much like the rushing of new leaf waters.

"The sunset is beautiful. Look at all the colors - purple and golden, and russet red. It makes one appreciate how fleeting life can be."

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Boldstar purred at her words, a sound meant to comfort and steer thoughts from such a dark place. But he couldn't avoid her sentiment and respond, could he? No, he would have to face it head on, just like he'd faced most things in his life.

"Life might be as fleeting as a sunset, but it goes on. And there's always StarClan." Boldstar's purr was more intense with those dark words, almost in apology towards his dear friend who was feeling the ravages of age when he was lucky enough to avoid them.

Sometimes he felt as if he'd cheated to continue on as long as he had. From a certain point of view it was true, dying refreshed the body to a point when one was resurrected by StarClan. Eventually, though, even he would answer to time itself. No one could dodge it forever.

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

The shine of her bright teal eyes pitched upwards, watching the remnants of the beautiful sunset she shared with Boldstar. "Starclan. Of course, you're right." She purred with a fond countenance, thoughtful as she spied the far off twinkle of starlight behind the stream of warm colors in the sky, soon to succumb to the darkness of night.

Smiling, she shook her head to distract herself from the thought, however, while it lingered in the back of her mind, she tried to remain positive, and trotted parallels to the river's edge. Her pace held a certain spring, both seemingly anxious and terribly excited at the request she would put to light.

"Thank you for coming out to the River with me, Boldstar. I much appreciate it..." A flare of memory rushed back at her, of seeing his face when she had regained consciousness "You have always been there for me. Always been there for Riverclan. I was wondering if you'd do a favor for me." She paused at the intensity of the moment, head rotating towards the large grey ticked tom.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ››››

"You're welcome." Boldstar paused at the intensity in Otterwhisker's voice. There was something about this entire situation that made him feel somewhat nervous. Like being a first year warrior again. He would do anything he could for any of his clanmates, Otterwhisker was especially dear to him. She'd been a good friend and close confidant, especially through his moons as a leader.

"What favor could I possibly do for you? If it's within my abilities I will." He made the promise with a comforting purr. Certainly there couldn't be some problem he didn't know about that needed dealing with. It had to be something else...

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

It was finally time. The she-cat inhaled the scents around her. The glory of new leaf took shape in many forms, and while she was mesmerized by the sound of the waters gurgling over rock and inlet, there was the smell of the vegetation around it. Deep, healthy earthen scents that reminded her that life was, indeed, going on.

She needed to get on with it too. She wasn't getting any younger, and by the look of dear Boldstar, she didn't want to leave him in suspense for much longer. With a smile and a downcast glance at the ground, eyes closing momentarily at the thought, her teal eyes were brought back to him, and mewed.

"Before I leave to be with Starclan, I want to contribute one more thing to the clan I love above all else.I would like to leave Riverclan with kits of my own - and I'd like you to sire them, Boldstar." How would the tomcat react? Otterwhisker hoped that her good friend would oblige her this last thing.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Boldstar froze with a paw in the air, tufted ears twitching slightly. He held the pose for a long moment. No she-cat had ever approached him with such a thing before. He took a deep, cleansing breath before purring his answer.

"I would be honored." His voice was laced with honesty. Otterwhisker was a good cat and had been a great warrior in her prime. The clan would be lucky to have kits from her bloodline in the next generation. "The clan will be lucky to have your kits." He repeated the sentiment aloud, where she should hear it.

Boldstar's mind was flying faster than a kestrel dove through all of the concerns and complications and difficulties and challenges. He was sure his eyes looked far away as he considered the ramifications. It was almost an overwhelming idea. He wondered if Otterwhisker would let him claim them as the sire...

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

His expression... Otterwhisker did everything in her power not to chuckle at his reaction, stone still and wide eyed like a newly named apprentice. Such a look wasn't becoming of him, but it was... sweet, in a way, taken as he was by the serious nature of her request. As far as she knew he hadn't any blood claimed kits of his own, and she highly considered giving me that honor in that regard as well.

Trying to keep the tom from wallowing too much in his worry, the she-cat gave a soft purr. "It's something I've always considered, but never really found the right tom, you know? Guess it just took me longer to release that tom should be you."

The sounds of the forest melded with that of the slowly overturning night. A chorus of frogs serenaded the two cats as they stood by the shores, accompanied by the notes of thr river that nearly always flowed. The mink she-cat leaned in, body vibrating with a fluttering sort of purr as she brushed passed him, attempting to give the tom a body rub as she moved passed.

"You needn't worry yourself, Boldstar. No matter what Starclan decides when to take me, I know they will have a capable sire looking after them."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Boldstar still felt the sense of shock at being asked, but he was coming to his sense quickly enough now. Otterwhisker intended to have kits and wanted him as the sire. It was that simple, and it would be as she desired. Enjoying the sound of the water and the peeping of frogs while Otterwhisker rubbed against him. He leaned into the gesture carefully, knowing he was large for a clan cat and didn't want to knock his friend off balance.

"I hope that StarClan doesn't decide they need you for some time yet. I think the clan benefits from your wisdom every day." Boldstar purred, meaning the words he spoke. The clan deserved to keep Otterwhisker to themselves for as long as possible.

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Otterwhisker was pleased that Boldstar was eager to see her desires through. He alone managed to take a rather ordinary day and turn it to something she, not only looked forward to, but also managed a great deal of weight off her chest. Motherhood was something that wasn't for every she-cat, but it made the thought of her age a lesser price should it go wrong. Otterwhisker had every faith in Willowfrost.

"It's been a good day. To many more days like this one." She purred fondly up at the large tom, feeling secure in the warmth he gave off. She was content to just stay like this, walking along the river's edge some more. It was becoming quite the enchanted evening, and for them, it was only the beginning.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

((I think that feels like the end of the thread...))