Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Geri-cat-ric (20FG20)

13 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

WHO: Boldstar, Otterwhisker, and whoever.
WHEN: 20 FG 2020, late morning.
WHAT: Relationship/ Character development.
WHERE: Freshkill hollow

What I dream, the day might send. Just around the riverbend.

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

My word, had she been napping?

Blinking through the sleep that had gathered around her eyes, Otterwhisker gave a trill of a yawn. Her short tail flopped, dangling off the side of Twinwillow's root, the very one shared between the fresh kill hollow and the Elder's den. She perched herself neatly with her front legs tucked underneath her while a leg hung off the root.

She seemed perfectly comfortable if not for the fact that she hadn't mean to fall asleep! She enjoyed the lofty perch where she could peek on the coming and goings of cats in camp, and which an ear flick, slid off the root and landed on the ground. This time her belly growled louder than the graveling snores that left her maw while she napped.

Perhaps it would be prudent to get something to eat before she tried to decide what to do with herself. It had only been a moon or so since she felt strong enough to enjoy being outside. Thank Starclan it was warmer! After a brief stretch, the mink she-cat made her way towards the fresh kill hollow.

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team

Out with the old - In with the bold

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

Boldstar slide from the rabbit warren where he'd been discussing the day's plans with his deputy. He would be taking the sunhigh patrol out himself, but that left him with plenty of time to relax before that happened. With confident pawsteps Boldstar made his way towards the freshkill hollow. He wasn't hungry, just choosing to go to the place that everyone seemed to always congregate.

It was good that they had a place that served as a social setting. Not only was knowing each other well good for clan cohesion, but being around the freshkill pile so often meant that many eyes could keep watch for crowfood. He was pleasantly surprised to see Otterwhisker stretch and make her way towards the freshkill pile. "How are you this morning, Otterwhisker?" His voice was laced with a friendly purr.

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator

Ashpaw ♂ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar ♂ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox ⚥ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther ♂ The Once and Future King

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

It really made one appreciate the little things. Her head craned up to view Twinwillow from below, feeling the brush of wind titter among the leaves, sunlight dappled from above. It warmed her joints and without warning, she let out a purr. It was a beautiful day indeed. No wonder she had managed to fall asleep so quickly, so suddenly!

When her gaze straightened, her purr caught in her throat. You wouldn't believe who just walked through the warren!

"Boldstar! A good morning to you! - Well, I guess it's nearly sunhigh by now!" She greeted the big tomcat, the length of her short tail stretched in a welcome wave as her form slowly erased the space separating them. Otterwhisker had made her way towards the fresh kill pile with a self assured little saunter, her short legs propelling her forward until they paused as the she-cat surveyed what was available.

"I'm doing well. Well enough to have already gotten a nap in today. And how are you? Any big plans for today?" She chuckled softly as she hooked a finch from the pile, drawing it towards her before preparing the creature for feeding. "Or perhaps you need someone to stay behind and paw these younglings into shape." Jest light on her tongue, her teal eyes regarded her leader warmly.

Despite it being so long ago now, Otterwhisker would never forget the cat who had saved her from drowning.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

"I'll be leading the sunhigh patrol, so I'm thankful it isn't sunhigh yet and I have some time to spend relaxing before that comes to pass." Boldstar was genuinely pleased to see the she-cat he had drown saving. Before she retired she had been an excellent warrior, one of his Seniors. "If you're up to thrashing jumped-up apprentices into shape you're welcome to do it whenever you see one that needs it."

Really he didn't think any of his current batch of warriors needed it, but sometimes cats would let loose with things they wouldn't dare do in front of a leader in front of an elder. In his day he'd seen young warriors not realize that elders regularly had the leaders ear and were cats they tended to trust. They'd already given their all to the clan, after all. Otterwhisker had nearly given her life!

Faux and Faux reacted
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Besides the obvious prey items that the river would provide, she enjoyed the soft, warm flesh of birds especially. Thankfully someone had unknowingly satisfied a craving. "You can keep me company while I eat. There's a minnow there - and a water vole too in case you're hungry, dear." She was pleased enough with her finch.

Otterwhisker, barely a foxlength away, slid onto her hunches and dipped her head down to take a bite out of her finch. Even if Boldstar had a meal already, she hoped he'd stay with her anyway. Rarely did the tom vex her, but she had, in her time, thrashed a decent number of uppity cats.

Her paw lifted for a moment, claws fitted snuggly into their sheaths. "I still got it." Showing off her 'thrashing paw' with a purr that smelled of bird. "It's been warmer now... I've been feeling more 'up to anything' as of late. And it's been great."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

"I'll keep you company while you eat, but I ate before the planning meeting." Boldstar was always amazed at how much younger cats seemed to want to caretake him. He thought he took good care of himself, but maybe he was wrong and there was a reason for it?

Boldstar gave a hearty purr of approval when Otterwhisker held up her thrashing paw. It was good to see his friend in such fine fettle. "I'm happy that you're feeling so well. and the weather will only get nicer from here. Soon the river will be properly settled for fishing again. Newleaf high water makes fishing so difficult."

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Of course Boldstar had ate earlier, it only made sense before getting to business and in this case, his day started early. Her tail gave a little flick of pride at his purr, such a deep timbre. It was good to see him in good spirits as well! Must be a product of the sunny disposition of the weather.

Otterwhisker gave an excited sort of nod, eyes shimmering with animable light. "I, for one, care barely wait. I simply love the warm weather. It's a shame your long, fine coat doesn't make for a more comfortable Green Leaf for you, Boldstar. It suits me just fine." With a matter of fact sort of cursory purr, she took another mouthful. Now that she thought on it, Boldstar was a fine cat himself.

"It would be nice to visit the river, even with the high waters. The sound of the water trickling and rushing its its own medicine. You let me know if you don't need someone today." She purred after she had swallowed. Her head tilted with interest, teal slitted eyes regarding her fine leader as she continued. Head motioned towards the direction of the nursery.

"I hear Duckfeather is up to her whiskers with those little tadpoles. Mintkit and Nettlekt. Have you given any thought to who might mentor them?"

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ››››

"I have ideas, but I haven't settled anything yet." Boldstar purred with good humor as he answered the same question he'd been put to by the kits themselves. Then be focused on the more interesting question the she-cat has proposed.

"Why don't we take a walk this evening, once the Sunhigh patrol is over. The sound of the river is good for every RiverClan cat to hear." He made the suggestion on a whim. He enjoyed the company of Otterwhisker immensely. Spending the evening going down to the river with her sounded like an excellent use of the free time he would get today.

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Names and mentoring was a complex series of ideas. No doubt the tom had some suspicions, but it woudln't do to settle too quickly. Maybe the answer would come to him when he least expected it.

Her eyes brightened considerably at his suggestion. A fabulous idea! Just the two of them walking the river's path, ears filled off the gurgle at the river's edge. If a cat could blush, she might just have, the edges of her whiskers trembling with a playful twitch.

"That sounds like a marvelous idea, Boldstar. I'll hold you to it. You wouldn't want to face my thrashing paw, now, would you?" So near to the tom, her short leg aimed a teasing sort of swipe, halfhearted in its intent to strike. It was as if she couldn't help herself. She was already looking forward to their stroll.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Boldstar ignored the playful swipe, instead purring. "I would never want to face your trashing paw. We need to save that for warriors who are acting like kits." It wouldn't do to overwork such a fine elder so willing to keep the young warriors in line, after all. It was important that young warriors didn't end up jumped up and thinking they're the best of the best when they're inexperienced kits compared to some of the rest of the clan. "Sadly, our walk has to wait until after my patrol. Id already agreed to lead it in the morning meeting."

((Sorry it's so short. I'm out of gas this morning for sure.))

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Otterwhisker was all smiles as a single down feather graced her white chin, nearly invisible against the light fur. She wasn't offended that he didn't have time for her now.

As leader of Riverclan, he had more pressing matters - priorities, and all. She had no doubt he would have joined her in a heartbeat if he hadn't already agreed to something beforehand.

"Patrols take precedence, I'm afriad. Can't all be sunshine and river stones." Shrugging her shoulders, she pawed at her maw, flecking the mess from her chin and started to clean herself up, pawing the remains to the side. As soon as she was able, she'd take the crowfood out and save the downy feathers for some sort of project.

Maybe she'd inspect the warren interiors to see if any needed reinforcing while Boldstar was out on patrol. See if any of the young warriors needed a chore to keep themselves humble.

"I'll be sure to get these downy feathers somewhere where they'll be needed." She muttered with a cheery trill.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ››››

He stood from his sitting position with a stretch. "And sadly, it's almost Sunhigh. I should round up my patrol and get them heading around the borders. If we're lucky it will be sunshine and river stones. A good patrol is still one where nothing happens." Boldstar gave his neck and extra little stretch for good measure, getting a satisfying crack out of it. Then his tail went high and alert, fluffy fur blowing in the light breeze of the day. "I'll track you down as soon as the patrol is back. If the patrol is quick we'll still catch sunset."

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

The mink she-cat flashed the tom a knowing smile, a light purr lifting from her lips. "Let's hope for a good patrol, then. I'll see you soon, Boldstar." With a contented sigh feeling the fullness of her belly, she gathered up the feathers, collecting them neatly in her mouth. Her tail offered the tom a friendly wave before she padded around the corner of Twinwillow and ducked into the old warren to see where the feathers could be needed.

[END THREAD]

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: