Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Midnight Whispers (Private - 7/8FG'20)

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Player
Topic starter  

Β 

Β 

But frost, like the crystallized dreams of autumn, began to coat the clearing with its sugar glaze.
κ§πŸŒ¨οΈκ§‚

Willowfrost was exhausted. The wind had not let up since before she'd left for Mothermouth and now, after receiving the prophecy from Laughingfox, it felt like all the remaining energy had been drained right out of her paws.Β 

What on earth are we going to do?

Her thoughts buffeted against her just like the furious wind and yet she couldn't make heads or tails of them. StarClan was always cryptic in their messages, but she honestly hadn't been expecting something quite of this caliper... especially not about the part where...oh she couldn't think about this now.Β 

Just a few more steps to the Leader's Den.

A sigh of relief washed over her as Willowfrost followed her nose into the Twin Willow and the wind finally stopped. It was almost too quiet now and her ears were ringing slightly, but with a quick shake of her head, it was gone.Β 

Padding quietly towards Boldstar's den, Willowfrost was careful not to wake anyone else.Β 

"Boldstar? Boldstar...are you awake?"

Day

Who

Willowfrost and Boldstar

What

Prophecy update

Where

River Clan Leader's DenΒ 

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player

Out with the old - In with the bold

β€Ήβ€Ήβ€Ήβ€Ή β€Ίβ€Ίβ€Ίβ€Ί

"I am now." Boldstar spoke through a yawn that parted his jaws wide. He'd been dozing deeply, but tried not to sleep until Willowfrost returned from her meeting on the first quarter of a moon. The wait was always stressful, even if he had tried to sleep properly he wouldn't have managed. Too much rode on every word that came from StarClan.Β "Did they say something important?"

Boldstar rose to his paws, shedding moss and feathers with a quick shake. He had been comfortable, but there was no room in his mind to be sour about Willowfrost waking him. She would have waited for morning if it wasn't important. The thought came sharply in answer to the question he'd voice.

"That was a stupid question. What did they have to say?"

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator
β€”
Ashpaw β™‚ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar β™‚ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox βš₯ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther β™‚ The Once and Future King

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Player
Topic starter  

But frost, like the crystallized dreams of autumn, began to coat the clearing with its sugar glaze.
κ§πŸŒ¨οΈκ§‚

Willowfrost sighed softly, careful to keep her voice low.Β 

"Laughingfox came to see us. To say the least his message was less than reassuring..."

She paused a moment to catch her breath and think before continuing. She would have waited until morning, but the prodding question of when to start preparations- or even more of howΒ to even start- was heavy on her mind.Β 

It's best to just get it all out in the open and go from there.

Closing her eyes, Willowfrost's voice escaped her in a whisper:

"The prophecy is as follows...Prey has come. Hunt it well. Time will pass.
Prey will kill. Hunted will hurt. Time will show."

She could almost hear Laughingfox's voice echoing in her mind, almost speaking the words for her. Opening her eyes again, a quick pain entered Willowfrost's chest as she was once again reminded that whether her eyes were opened or closed, it didn't really matter much anymore.Β 

A quick shake of her head banned those thoughts, and instead she focused on Boldstar.Β 

"What do you think it could mean?"

Β 

(@kitsufox)

Boldstar signed deeply. StarClan never spoke clearly about anything, it seemed. How would prey do more than cause a few little scratches on a cat? Maybe Laughingfox was messing with them. If he remembered the old WindClan medicine cat correctly it could be happening...

"The only part that makes sense to me is the two bits about time. It seems like it will be awhile before we see this come to pass." He said the words hesitantly, not completely confident in his ability to work with prophecy. "What about you? What do you make of it?"

β€”

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Player
Topic starter  

κ§πŸŒ¨οΈκ§‚

"Honestly I quite agree. The first part of the prophecy isn't what confuses me."

Willowfrost padded her tail against the den floor, thinking quickly.Β 

"After all, it's New-Leaf, prey is indeed here...hunting it well is also obvious as we always do that within the clans. Tim passing is obvious and even the foreboding line that hunted will hurt is disturbingly clear."Β 

Pausing for a moment, the small she-cat considered all of the options.Β 

"Truly I feel that StarClan is warning us that soon, our clans will suffer some great pain. Only time will reveal what is causing this pain however, although we do have a clue within the line about prey killing..."

She got to her pause, pacing in a small line. It always seemed to help her think.Β 

"What I can't puzzle together is what prey will be killing! Killing off the smaller prey that's easy to hunt? Killing cats themselves?! If that's the case, how could that even happen?"

Turning large misty blue eyes to her leader, Willowfrost's mind was racing. There had to be some way to prepare.Β 

(@kitsufox)

Boldstar listened to the she-cat muse for a long moment, then sighed.Β "I can't think of anything to do except have the patrols watch forΒ unusualΒ behavior in the prey animals." His words held a note ofΒ frustrationΒ as he spoke. Boldstar wished he could do more than just wait andΒ watchΒ for the problem to begin. But that seemed to be exactly what Laughingfox wanted of them.

β€”

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Player
Topic starter  

κ§πŸŒ¨οΈκ§‚

Willowfrost stopped her pacing and faced Boldstar, listening as he mused. Of course, it made sense that in these early stages there really wasn't much that could be done other than stay vigilant.Β 

"That sounds perfectly reasonable, Boldstar. I'll be sure to have a large stock of herbs as well just to be on the safe side."Β 

(@kitsufox)

"That's an excellent precaution, Willowfrost." Boldstar couldn't claim to feel good about the situation, but he certainly felt like they would be doing what they could with the sparse information they had.Β "We have so little information that I don't think there's a point to announcing the entire prophecy to the clan... Just warning the patrols that something might happen with the prey..." He considered the situation carefully. It wasn't like it would help to rile everyone on the subject. Boldstar thought that indicating they'd had warnings about the prey would be enough to keep everyone alert and catch whatever change was coming.

β€”

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Player
Topic starter  

κ§πŸŒ¨οΈκ§‚

"Agreed. Just let me know if there's anything else I can do to help."

At this point Willowfrost's exhaustion had caught up to her and she found her eyes getting tired. It had been a long day and ultimately, there was nothing else that could be done and this time. Until more information came their way, all the clans could do was await their fate.Β 

The small she-cat got to her paws and inclined her head to Boldstar. "I think I'll take my leave now, unless there's anything else you need. I apologize again for waking you, I just felt this news couldn't wait."

(@kitsufox)

"I agree. We've made the plans we can. If we think of more we can talk in the morning." Boldstar glanced at his next of moss and feathers, noting that it was disheveled and would need to be neatened back to a comfortable state.Β "Have a good next, Willowfrost."

Thread Complete

β€”