Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] No Pressure (Open-13FF20)

12 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong felt little inclination to awaken alongside the majority of camp in the morning. When he stirred himself to alertness, the sun was at its peak in the sky. The warmer weather felt wonderful, and when he stepped into the sunlight he purred in delight. He even felt a bit productive today. Recalling the recent ceremonies, he decided that maybe it'd be best to check over the apprentice's den for cracks and openings.

He scanned the outer wall with his good eye, appraising every bow and occasionally testing for weakness with a push of his good paw. Hmm, could use a bit of strengthening and there was a developing hole there... The black and white tomcat took his time and padded outside of camp, perusing the foliage and gathering back some sample sticks and grasses to weave into the side of the den. The Elder went at his own pace, a leisurely if awkward stroll back to camp with his supplies, mouth full of things to patch up the walls, and di so in the presence of the others in his clan.

While he didn't go out of his way to specifically greet anyone, his single eye was kind and his steps were pleasurable. Some light work to pass the time before he stole off to his favorite sunning spot.

Day

Who

Bravesong and whoever

What

casual chatting, doing some minor repairs

Where

Near the apprentice's den

This topic was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game

Wrentalon blinked in the warmness of the sun, then he spotted Bravesong. The scarred elder was carrying supplies in his mouth. Wrentalon tilted his head slightly, a bit confused. 

Only a bit, though, he wasn't an idiot. 

Perhaps it had been the confusion that had drawn Wrentalon to speak to him, or perhaps it was the kindness in Bravesong's eye, or simply boredom. Yes, boredom was much more likely. 

Wrentalon padded over to Bravesong, "Hey, elder, don't hurt yourself with that,'' he advised a bit condescendingly, "What are you doing anyway?" 

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Tigerrush had been lounging outside her den, letting the warmth soak into her fur as the newest round of herbs were drying not far from her. She blinked open green eyes as her ears twitched at the sound of pawsteps. Noting first Bravesong heading towards the apprentices den and then Wrentalon came padded over. Hearing his words, her whiskers twitched lightly and she rose from her curled position and made her way over towards the two toms.

"Even elders have names, warrior." The medicine cat chided her brother, her eyes narrowed slightly. "If you're so worried about Bravesong hurting himself, maybe you should assist him?" Then, after several long moments, Tigerrush shook herself and sat down curling her tail over her paws.

Noting the materials at the black and white tom's paws, she mewed with teasing curiosity. "After getting the elder's den patched up a bit, time to see about repairing the apprentice's den? Were you able to collect enough to fix it?

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game

Wrentalon blinked, wordlessly as Tigerrush spoke, then he rolled his eyes, "Assist him? WOW Tigerrush, I hadn't thought of that,'' he replied, sarcastically, "And I'm not worried about him, I just think it'd be a pain for you to have to treat another fragile elder. And I'm right, right?" he didn't wait for her to answer, of course he was right. 

"Repairs, huh?" Wrentalon scoffed, turning to Bravesong, "Are those really necessary or are you just trying to do something useful with your pathe- er-" Wrentalon stumbled over his words, remembering that Tigerrush was there, "Uh, a boring day?" 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong was thoroughly into his little project, one might say it was a bit personal. A job that would obviously benefit the two new apprentices in their den, not to mention these apprentices were his half-siblings through Speckledfrost. It was all too exciting breathing the fresh air of freedom and opportunity as one, as he so vividly remembered. It wasn't so long ago that he mentored one himself.

He barely raised his head from his task at Wrentalon approached. He was sure the muscular tom wanted little to do with him, but instead he made a point to lift his voice in a manner that seemed rather insulting to the older tom. Ear giving a twitch, he exhaled slowly and met Wrentalon's glance. "In case you've forgotten, four cats were apprenticed yesterday and those apprentices need a reliable place to stay dry and warm." Hopefully the younger tom would respond to reason, and if not, he wasn't going to impede Wrentalon's day. He was more than welcome to do whatever he pleased.

He always tried his best to allow words to simply wash over him like the droplets of a new-leaf rain, but there was something behind his tone that wasn't pleasant. Right on cue, Tigerrush padded over, chiding her brother and Bravesong couldn't help but offer her a smile. "I think so. Enough branches and moss to push into some cracks and crevices I found." He then shot back at Wrentalon. "And that's fine, as much as I appreciate your concern, I am more than capable of doing such light work, Wrentalon. And I assure you this work is very necessary." Finishing with a stern sort of look, wondering if the tom had somehow had a bad morning as to warrant such a reaction to helping around camp.

OOC: Including all four of the kits getting apprenticed.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)

Tigerrush's green eyes narrowed at the sarcastic tone her brother's voice took on as he responded to her. "Obviously it did not occur to you, for you haven't offered any help,. All you have done is mock him." Her voice was quite cool now compared to the tone her initial chide had carried when she first spoke up, booking no room for argument. "As for treating a 'fragile' elder, I can assure you, Wrentalon, that Bravesong is stronger than most in the clan, myself and yourself included."

When the black and white tom replied to her about having enough branches and moss, she nodded in satisfaction. "I believe the apprentices are all out with their mentors right now so I'm sure if you run out of supplies, my brother would be more than happy to help get some more." Standing, the petite brown tabby moved towards the entrance to the apprentices' den. The day before, Tigerrush had offered moss from the store she had in her medicine den to help provide some moss for fresh new nests. "Let me slip into the den and see if I can find any holes from within."

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game

She thought he was weak. 

At least, that was Wrentalon's interpretation of her words. Before he had just felt irritation with this conversation but now he couldn't help feeling a little bit hurt which of course, in his usual fashion, simply fueled more irritation. 

"Oh, if he's so strong then, I suppose we don't even need warriors,'' or medicine cats, he added silently to himself, "And y'know what dear sister of mine,'' he continued with a forced smile, "I would be simply ecstatic to help fetch supplies. You're right, Tigerrush, it's like you read my mind.'' 

"So," he began, turning to Bravesong, "I'm sure if it's such light work, I can manage to help out,'' he forced friendliness into his tone, "How can I help?"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong felt as if he didn't deserve such fine words from his friend. He had sacrifised everything he had to save his apprentice, and at the time, that thought of sacrifice hadn't even occured to him. Only to protect. His cheeks could have blushed, and instead pretended to stare thoughtfully into the wall of the den, anaylzing it over and over as if he hadn't already done that a hundred times, fussing over the structure.

It seemed that Tigerrush's words seemed to create a breach in her cynical brother, and while he seemed willing now, he was sure he only offered because his sister had his tail between her teeth. So he played along. "Well, I could probably use a few more twigs to spruce up the back of the den." He mewed with a sideways glance and a small smile towards Tigerrush.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)

"Of course we need warriors, mousebrain." Tigerrush's tone had returned to it's warmth and teasing again. Her irritation never stuck around long, though she couldn't help but sigh inwardly at her brother. "I'm just saying that elders deserve the same respect as you or I.

Padding from the apprentice den, she made a point to nuzzle Wrentalon's cheek and rub her petite frame against his more muscled one affectionately. "'I'm glad to hear that we're having similar thoughts as to helping Bravesong."

Pausing a moment to let the toms exchange words on what needed fetched, she lifted her nose to sniff the air and her tail rose into the air, the end twitching in delight. "And when we get done, it smells like Dovepaw brought back a decent catch of freshkill!"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game

Respect, eh? Wrentalon struggled to keep his snarky comments to himself, he was through with arguing with Tigerrush by now though it felt like he was biting his tongue just to stay silent. He narrowed his eyes at Bravesong, the cat his sister had so passionately defended. He was quite scarred from the fox incident everyone had been talking about. 

Wrentalon supposed if he were to try to at least pretend to respect him that was what he should focus on. 

He sighed as Tigerrush nuzzled his cheek. At least she was happy. 

"So you want me to get twigs?" what was he, an apprentice? "I can do that, no problem,'' he turned to leave, "And I'll be back soon, don't worry,'' he shot his sister a smirk before padding away.

This post was modified 2 years ago by IfOnlyApril

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Wrentalon's attitude was an abrasive reminder that not all in his clan carried the same carefree, lax personality like those he mainly kept company with. He was still young and obviously had mucht to learn about how he interacted with his clanmates. When the young tom stared over at him, Bravesong fearlessly held his gaze, a cool reflection in his singular hazel eye. He felt no warmth from Wrentalon, even as he agreed to help out, and only nodded affirmingly at his question to get more twigs. If he wanted to act like an apprentice, he'd get treated like one.

Once Wrentalon left, Bravesong turned towards Tigerrush, unable to hold back a sign of relief when she had mentioned Dovepaw returning with fresh kill. He held his friend in king regard at her mention, and lifted his nose. "I believe you're right!" A soft chuckle of a mew. Nothing was wrong with his sense of smell. "How are you, Tigerrush?" He appreciated her strengthening words about him to her brother, but as of now there was work to be done!

He took a few small branches and lifted them over to the back of the den, rather adeptly using his healthy paw to pull and push the branches into the wall, and pairing it with his teeth to set it firmly in place. Licking his lips, he looked over to Tigerrush. "Fresh kill is sounding more and more alluring."

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)

Tigerrush waved her tail at her brother as he moved off to get the twigs he said he would. Her ears twitched at the sigh that left him but she didn't comment on it. "I'm doing well. Just had a good nap before I came over, I'm getting out stocks of herbs that I can gather at the moment back up and drying."

When Bravesong commented on the freshkill sounding appealing, she purred. "I'll go grab us a each a piece. I'm not sure about you, but I am getting hungry!" With that, she trotted off to the fresh kill pile to see what Dovepaw had brought back for them.