Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] A Day in the Woodlands (2 FF)

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

~Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you~
✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

It was windy. 

Windier than she had remembered it being in a long time. Or was it.....in fact, she didn't really keep track of the wind so perhaps, it had been windy earlier than today. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. 

Siofra was posed next to the fountain, surrounded by newly budding Dahlias dancing in the wind. Her head moved back and forth slowly as she watched, soothed by the sound of the fountain water trickling against the rocks. She had never seen such a thing before and the lithe she-cat couldn't keep her ears from twitching as she took in the subtle gurgling. This new home was so nice.....and quiet. 

Far different from where she had departed from. Mother had always told her Whiteheart was a lovely place, and now that Siofra was here, her heart couldn't help but agree. 

Gracefully, the spotted tabby got to her paws, amber eyes turning to the sky. The clouds moved slowly and she breathed in time with their movement. 

"I always have loved clouds.."

Murmuring softly to herself, Siofra turned her gaze towards the domain she and her mother had recently begun to call home. It was still. Kelia must still be sleeping. With a slight pivot, Siofra made the few tail lengths to the fence before hopping to the top. Despite it being a picket fence, a thoughtfully placed support beam allowed for the perfect paw hold along the backside of the fence. 

Siofra followed this path around the fence and to the bare willow tree towering in the corner. This spot was her favorite as the tree graciously accepted her into the crook of it's trunk from the height of the fence. So with a fluid step, Siofra made her way into the tree and out onto the branch, settling herself and curling her tail close against the breeze. 

This would be the perfect vantage point to watch the world go by. 

Day

Who

Anyone

What

A newcomer admires Whiteheart

Where

109 Woodland Alley and Beyond

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Oh, this was absolutely the farthest Morgan had ventured yet. Comparatively, they supposed the distance was longer than going from their house to the mortuary, but everything here was much closer together. From the fences they strode atop, Morgan could see a path across the way, separating one section of houses from the other.

The bell and tag on Morgan's collar jingled and clinked against one another. Unlike their most used one, this collar lacked spikes and studs. It was just a sparkling sky blue color and almost all of it was hidden under what was draped over Morgan's back. Their grandmother Kiran called it a hooded cloak, and this one's purple color reminded Morgan of the evening sky. The cloak went all the way to the base of their tail and its sides swished against the upper halves of Morgan's legs. A swirling golden pattern around the edges gleamed when the sun graced it.

Morgan's human had started putting housefolk things on them when Morgan was a kitten. It was annoying sometimes, but their human did give them the best treats for cooperating. It also helped that Morgan could get out of them if they really wanted to. Their human was considerate enough to keep the adornments from being too restrictive to movement. As slightly embarrassing as it was, Morgan didn't mind keeping the cloak on as they wandered. It did wonders to make humans halt in their tracks.

Morgan slowed when they noticed a willow tree peeking out from a yard beyond, on the other side of the dividing alley. Its very presence drew the marbled tabby over. When they stepped onto the yard's fence, the rest the garden to its east stole away Morgan's attention and the breeze ruffled their cloak.

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

A small bell sound captured Siofra's attention from where she was perched in the willow. How odd she thought to herself, glancing around to see where the source of  the sound might be  coming from...after all, she'd been in this area for a short while and had never heard any bells before. Getting to her paws, Siofra walked back across the branch, onto the fence support, and around the willow leaves. That was when she saw it. 

Just ahead, another cat stood before her. Yet, this cat was something she'd  never seen before...for this cat was covered in some strange fluttering covering. With a soft mrew, Siofra took a couple of steps forward, awe shining from her amber eyes. 

"Hail, traveler. Are you here for the Dahlias?"

Siofra was pleased with her question. After all, what else could a strange cat in such an appearance want if not the beautiful blooming buds that decorated her lovely abode. 

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Are you here for the Dahlias?"

Yet again was Morgan's attention stolen. This time it was by a voice. Yet again was Morgan greeted by a cat whose appearance they had never seen before. The spots on her fur reminded Morgan of their grandparent Azem, but that was extent of the similarity. This new cat had a different facial structure entirely!

"Greetings," Morgan replied in a way they hoped sounded plainly peaceful and not as preoccupied as they felt upon seeing this new stranger. For Morgan, despite their fondness for acting formal, the level of polite speech to use often felt like a guessing game.

"The dahlias?" mewed Morgan, regaining their focus. Morgan glanced about the garden and noticed the collection of flowers around the fountain. "Those ones there, aren't they?" Morgan stretched their neck out to better see them without leaving the fence.

"They're beautiful!" Morgan trilled and returned their gold and green gaze to the spotted cat. "And they match your collar," they added brightly. "It's been so long since I've seen them in a true garden like this. These ones remind me of the sky."

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

Siofra almost didn't hear the newcomers words, for she was so in awe of the whimsical attire that the cat before her was sporting. In fact, her ears were full of nothing but a soft murmuring sound until...

"The dahlias? Those ones there, aren't they?"

With those words, Siofra was brought back to the present moment and her sleepy eyes brightened once more as she nodded slowly. "Yes, those. They are my very, very favorite. In fact, they make an excellent napping spot should you ever desire wonderful dreams."

The sky? She did suppose they were soft and lovely, just like the sky, and with that thought a gentle smile crossed Siofra's face and she felt comfortable enough to step a little closer. She dipped her head shyly at the comment about her collar and almost whispered "Thank you".

With a final step, the spotted she cat finished the last bit of distance between the visiting cat and settled on the fence railing about a tail length and a half away. "Forgive my manners" she lilted softly "my name is Siofra, daughter of the Crown Princess of Camelot, Princess Kelia. What may your name be, marvelous one?"

She hoped that complimenting the cat's style would help to open the conversation further. 

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"What wondrous dreams they must bring," Morgan spoke fondly of the dahlias. "I may have to try that some day. I've heard dahlias have many meanings, and quite a few about truth and grace."

When their compliment on the pink collar was accepted, Morgan nodded lightly in acknowledgement, and they listened intently to what followed. As lovely a name as Siofra was, it was what Siofra said next that made Morgan's ears perk up.

Kelia's daughter?! Morgan thought, stunned that they had found a descendant of Camelot without even trying. What do I say? What should I say? It was not the delivery that tied Morgan's tongue, but the amount of information to divulge.

"Marvelous one?" Morgan tried to contain their surprise to just that descriptor. They managed to keep their fur flat under the cloak. But what a title that would make! They adored it. "I daresay I've done nothing to deserve such praise, but I thank you for it all the same. You and your mother have beautiful names."

Morgan dipped into the respectful bow they had practiced countless times, both on and off of fences. The motion caused their cloak to fall to one side of their body, revealing the chaotic pattern of their marbling as the sunlight shimmered across their fur. Before they came to Whitehart, Morgan had told themself that if they met a Cat of Camelot, they would keep their own lineage a secret at first in order to test the cat's character. They'd even promised their father.

But Siofra had treated them perfectly well without knowing anything about them, not even their name. In Morgan's opinion, this new friend passed the test.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Siofra," Morgan mewed as they rose from their bow. It was probably rude to address Siofra without a title now, but Morgan decided that was just one last test.

"And..." Morgan continued, "I believe this makes us kin."

They wanted to let their tail swish but resigned it to merely curling halfway from interest. But which name to give? they wondered. They decided to keep matters uncomplicated for now. They and Siofra had only just met.

Standing tall with all the elegance they could muster, they told Siofra, "I am Morgan, grandchild of the Last Princess of Camelot, Princess Ceridwen, through her son, Prince Idris."

Who would knock me right off this fence for calling him so, Morgan thought briefly of their father, who adamantly rejected his royal title. Metaphorically, of course. Idris was ultimately a pacifist, fortunately for them.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

I've heard dahlias have many meanings...

Yes, Siofra remembered her mother mentioning something about the Dahlias and how they represented meanings of truly dear ideals. Yet...she couldn't quite remember what she had said. Was she sleeping at the time? Perhaps daydreaming? Oh gracious, she simply must learn to pay better attention. 

...have beautiful names. 

Speaking of paying attention, Siofra's was brought back full circle as the wondrous cat before her finished complimenting her and her mother's name. A small smile crossed  her spotted face once more. "Thank you" she purred "my name means faye which my mother explained as a small, lovely creature from myths of humans. I've always cherished the name." Siofra's soft voice brought back memories as she spoke, memories of her father's boisterous voice as he joked with her mother about the name. Oh how she missed him...

I am Morgan, grandchild of the Last Princess of Camelot, Princess Ceridwen, through her son, Prince Idris.

The revelation of her relation to the decorated cat surprised Siofra. She hadn't anticipated a meeting quite like this one and despite her surprise, Siofra remembered her manners. With a delicate bow of her head, the spotted she-cat spoke graciously to the cat she now knew was Morgan. "Princess Morgan, it is truly the greatest honor to welcome you to my home. I am blessed by your presence."

Raising her head once more, Siofra got to her paws and motioned gently with her tail to the garden below. "I apologize for my lack of decorum. Would you be interested in refreshing yourself at the fountain?"

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Siofra's name meant "faye"?

"Ah, how pretty!" Morgan meowed. It was interesting how Siofra described the beings too...

'Princess Morgan--'

Princess. The title hung in Morgan's mind like a fine mist. Princess... they thought, mentally rolling it around like a ball. Princess Morgan? Prince Morgan? Neither exactly felt wrong, but they felt... insufficient in a way.

They actually liked "royal scion" the most, but it was a bit of a mouthful sometimes. Princess is fine for now, Morgan decided. No need to be hasty.

'--it is truly the greatest honor to welcome you to my home. I am blessed by your presence.'

"The honor is all mine," Morgan purred gratefully. "There are no apologies needed, Princess Siofra. You are a most gracious host. I thank you for your hospitality. Refreshment would be delightful."

Morgan had never used so much formal speech in their life. It felt good to put it to use, but now they understood why Ceridwen and Kathani stressed that they'd have to commit to learning it.

The cloak billowed and their collar jingled as the marbled tabby descended the fence. I could never run in this! Morgan thought when they felt it drag in the air for a heartbeat. They were glad their human only adorned them in things they could break out of themself.

"The meaning of your name," Morgan mewed after landing, "is it 'faye' as in 'faeries'? I've heard tales of those, but I'm familiar with them as human-sized rather than small."

And not always lovely, Morgan recalled from the stories they remembered. Could there be different types of faye? Human legends were always so strange.

Morgan kept talking as they waited for Siofra. "My mother told me that Morgan means 'sea', but then my grandfather told me it means 'born of the sea'. I'm unsure which is the more correct meaning." Morgan's tail rose as they took in all the flowers and greenery. "Assuming one could be more correct than the other."

They took dainty steps towards the fountain, but instead of going in a normal straight line, Morgan ended up very slowly spinning about as they looked around garden. Their movements weren't fast enough to stir up the cloak, but Morgan was aware of how they rotated their body as they lead with their head.

"I find names so curious!" they chirped delightedly. The extra formality was slowly drifting out of their tone, diluted by unbridled enthusiasm. "Not long ago, I met someone whose mother believed that one can grow into their name and take on its meaning!"

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

A small purr tumbled out of Siofra despite her mother's educative warning that loomed in the back of her mind. Although soft spoken, Siofra had never been one to understand formalities as well as Kelia had hoped and to her chagrin, the young princess really only knew as much as her introductory greeting. At the agreement of Morgan, Siofra delicately made her way back across the fence and down into the garden, leading the way to the fountain in question. 

She walked slowly, allowing her guest to take in the garden around them as they walked. It was quite a nice area and Siofra was excited to share it with someone new. "It's quite lovely, isn't it?" she said quietly, almost reverently "I tend to just get lost out here whenever I can..." They had reached the fountain now and Siofra sat daintily next to the water, dipping a paw towards it in invitation for her guest. She new well enough to not drink first after all! 

"The meaning of your name, is it 'faye' as in 'faeries'?

Siofra thought for a moment. "Yes, I believe so. Small magic creatures that tend to be quite mischievous." another light purr "I can't say I see myself as mischievous, but I do quite enjoy the name!" At the mention of the sea, Siofra's eyes grew even larger and she gasped audibly. 

"The sea! I've heard of such a thing, but I can't even fathom how wondrous it must be! I suppose now though, I have gotten a small taste of it from you" Ducking her head shyly, Siofra debated before continuing her thought. "I simply mean of course, that I've never met such a wondrous stranger in fabulous pelts like you're wearing! I hope you don't mind my directness, Morgan."

She paused, eyes sparkling as she looked at the extra decoration on Morgan's back, hoping that she might receive an explanation without too many words. 

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Thank you," Morgan mewed after taking a quick drink at the fountain.

"This is a brilliant place to lose one's way in,"Morgan declared, happily viewing the garden space further. They wished their yard looked like it. If only their human would add more flowers!

"I've never seen the sea myself either," Morgan admitted, "but my mother's mother did. She said it was an endless expanse of water, always in motion, creating great waves that crash upon the earth."

"Just as you might not see yourself as mischievous, I'm not sure I could compare to the sea," Morgan meowed, self-deprecatingly at first, but then their eyes lit up again when Siofra mentioned their adornments.

"You're too kind!" they purred. "And I don't mind your directness at all. I actually prefer speaking plainly."

Morgan stood up straighter to better display their garment. "And I'm told this called a cloak--a hooded one, with the hood being this bit." They reached a paw up to catch the hood and pull it over their head. It had holes for their ears, but Morgan was not trying to wear it properly and soon shook the hood off.

"My grandmother's human made it," Morgan explained.

They never understood how that worked, only that it involved a very loud box with a thin tooth and thread. Morgan never stayed in the room when it was going. It stabbed cloth faster than a woodpecker stabbed bark and was even louder.

The marbled tabby twirled to fully show off the cloak, causing it to ruffle and rise in the air.

"It's rather impractical," they meowed fondly, "but my own human loves to see me in things like this, so I indulge them."

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs: