Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Gossamer Moon in the Night (21FF22)

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Let me be your labor of love.

⤟ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⭒ ♕ ⭒ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⤠

A pair of golden eyes followed the unsuspecting scurrying of a large, well fed mouse scuttling amidst some grass. The moon had enough time to crown the sky, and its half-full form stretched ethereal light upon the ground below. Ahryndae enjoyed the night - it made hunting all the easier when the shadow-hued princess prowled on the unsuspecting.

Traveling from the shelter of Camelot's half risen abode, the she-cat politely declined the offer of dry pellets, all the while scowling within the back of her mind that she shouldn't be spoiled with a plump feast of flesh right about now. Peckish, she found herself near the wilds, her night black pelt nearly invisible to the naked eye, although her scent, as she knew, would give her away if she wasn't careful.

When she found suitable prey, she followed it upwind, pawsteps featherless and practiced in both subtlety and power. Soon she'd be rewarded with fresh prey. Fresh. Not some pathetic excuse for food properly portioned into a bowel by a Twoleg's hand. And her prey seemed none the wiser as the Black Princess crept forward in a balanced hunter's crouch, inching steadily closer to her unsuspecting quarry.

Day

Who

Open to any non-clan cat

What

introductions, casual conversations, you name it

Where

Clearing by some trees nearish to Treecut Place

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

((I'm imagining they're around the Northern Timberland area just south of RiverClan's border))

Up on the thick branch of a tree, Duke crouched comfortably. If a moonbeam reached the huge tom, the silver ticking in Duke's black fur might've picked up its light. Fortunately, the tree provided ample cover. He had been awake during the day, arriving to and thoroughly investigating his new surroundings, but he had stayed outside of the nearby town. Now that it was sufficiently night, Duke considered exploring there.

Considered. First, his attention was on a shape stalking below. Duke picked out the cat's scent as the wind sent it against him. Might be one of them, he thought, recalling the thick territory scentmarkings he had discovered earlier. Whoever those cats and this cat were, he'd find out soon enough. For now, he kept silent watch and his blue-green eyes remained fixed on the hunter.

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤟ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⭒ ♕ ⭒ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⤠

Advancing on the small grey form, Ahryndae stalked her prey, more or less oblivious to the cat who witnessed her glorious person hunting on the ground below. It was a patience game, approaching when the tiny creature scuttled the ground or nibbled on some grass. Soon she was close enough to attempt the kill, and rolling her shoulders forward, she sprung from her hunter's crouch, claws outstretched. A shrill cry escaped the creatures mouth before its muffled gurgle creased her purring maw as it died in her jaws.

Best to take it someplace secluded before she tucked into her prize. Someplace high - the fenceline behind her by the houses? Perhaps a bit too far. A tree instead. There were plenty around, and with prey in maw, looked up into the branches and paused when she saw it. A shape lurching on a branch, a large shadow - her nostrils twitched when the nightly breath reached her. She didn't know how long the tom had been there for, but she played off her suspicion with the lithe skill of a hunter joining him on the same tree, clawing her way up towards a nearby branch.

"What sort of gentlecat watches a she-cat in her private moments?" She mewed outloud, golden eyes narrowing. A knave, that's who. While her form was stiff as she settled on the branch, she displayed no other sort of hostility. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Duke passively watched the black cat finally notice his presence and approach the tree. He hadn't expected her to climb it and pick a branch. Was she a housecat? Where he was from, street cats weren't that dim.

Duke let his tail hang over the his branch. He stayed as he was while she talked.

A gentle cat? he thought, letting light confusion show momentarily on his otherwise deadpan face. What about him looked gentle? How was hunting a private matter?

"You're bold, but not very bright, are you?" Duke remarked dryly, then rose effortlessly. Standing tall and still at his full height, he stared down sternly at her. Maybe then she would find some sense.

He kept the rest of his body language calm, but there was clear judgement in his eyes and voice. "What sort of hunter leaves their kill exposed to confront a complete stranger?"

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤟ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⭒ ♕ ⭒ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⤠

Her lithe body tucked onto the smaller branch, holding her more dainty weight as she fixed the cat with a narrowed golden stare. Without breaking eye contact she took a bite of her prey and watched as the stranger stood to his full height. Her triangular eyes flicked against her head in brief irritation at his words, but he would think that, wouldn't he?

"A bold one, perhaps, however, why risk the peace of the night to steal hardly a morsel from me? You are addressing the Black Princess of Camelot, Sir. Who might you be?" Let him launch himself on her branch, she'd have the advantage should he break it and she was prepared to engage the ruffian should he make himself a nuisance.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

The peace of the night was what she thought would be at risk if he attacked her? If by peace, you mean your life, Duke thought sternly. He gave her an impassive but unimpressed look when she introduced herself.

Black Princess of Camelot? Duke repeated it in his head.

If that was supposed to mean something to him, it didn't. As far as Duke cared, it only confirmed his suspicion. No sense of self-preservation? Asking unimportant questions? Oddly long name? Definitely a housecat.

"Duke," he told her coolly when she asked who he was. Since their difference in size hadn't deterred her, the tom returned to his crouch.

"Is that what the town's called? Camelot?" he asked gruffly. He briefly tilted his head in its direction as he kept his eyes on her. "Or is that just your bloodline?"

'Bloodline' wasn't the term he wanted. His mother had taught him the specific one long ago when she described his sire's heritage. It referred to tiny clusters of cats brought together in planned pairings by their housefolk... but he couldn't remember it.

In the back of his mind, it annoyed Duke that he couldn't remember the term, but he did remember the name of his sire's. It jumped through his memory like a flea. Catasterismi. He scoffed at it in thought. It was even more ridiculous than Camelot.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤟ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⭒ ♕ ⭒ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⤠

Leave it to a savage to not be moved by her regal words that had fallen from her maw, still quite stained with blood from her kill. A moment to lap daintily to sop up the flavor, ichor still welcomingly warm. Still, the giant couldn't help but be curious, could he? "Duke?" Echoing the name, tempering it with a malaise sort of purr. "Duke of what? Where from do you hail and where are you holdings? Or is that simply what you call yourself, an empty name void of title or province?" While she wasn't exactly warm in her exchange, there was a note of amusement.

"Camelot is much more than a town, it is a kingdom, one of which someday I may inherit - by the grace of my bloodline. I am Princess Ahryndae, first-born daughter of Princess Aoife and Prince Cearnaigh, who was begot by Queen Valiant and King Pendragon of Camelot. I'll have you know, the very first of his kind to rule over the peasantry here."

The she-cat tilted her head, the night black of her form a shadow of the night, punctuated by a seething warm glance.

"I wouldn't expect you to understand, or care judging by your impassive demeanor, but at least now you are informed."

Without tearing her gaze away from the much larger tomcat, her head bend and scoped up a mouthful of meat into her jaws. Ah, it was so much more delightful to enjoy a warm meal instead of a cold, pebble-shaped one.

"Now it's my turn to be curious." She mewed after her mouthful. "Where abouts do you hail from? Is the wilderness your calling?"

This post was modified 2 years ago 6 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Congratulations," Duke replied curtly after her summary of Camelot. "You're right. I don't care." His tail flicked in the direction of the town as he brought it back up to rest on the branch.

"But thanks for the information," he told her less rudely, even though her kingdom sounded like a load of dogdung. Sure, his old cluster'd had its own hierarchy, but peasantry wasn't what they'd call the cats in their territory.

To her questions about his name, his voice resumed its earlier lack of emotion. "It's just Duke." Duke of what? What were his holdings?

It's none of your business, he thought.

"The wilderness is not my calling," he meowed bluntly. "Don't worry about my holdings or where I'm from. They're far away and I've left them behind. If you want to think of me as the duke of nothing, go ahead."

The wilderness outside the town did look promising, but he needed to find out more about those cats near the river.

"So your kingdom is fine with you wandering alone?" he asked. "They must have plenty of options if they don't care about an heir getting into danger."

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤟ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⭒ ♕ ⭒ ♢ ✦ ♢ ⤠

Ahryndae had done her part as far as she was concerned. This Duke was now well aware of where he roamed, of which cats had set claim upon this land, and offered awareness if nothing else. Diplomacy was the honey that glued a kingdom together, after all, and while she doubted this cat's sense of honor or reliability, he had not shown signs of open hostility. Neutrality would only get a cat like him so far in the long haul, but for now, the princess was pleased of this outcome.

"Well met, Duke of Nothing." She mewed pleasantly enough with a flick of her tail. Her meal was slowly disappearing, and the night was far from over. "What makes you think that I'm alone? My allies are never far, and my greatest is like a shadow. Perhaps when you tire of being alone on the fringes of society you can find a place with us."

Rising like a sleek splot of darkness, she extended the length of her lithe frame, eyeing the tom once more before she nodded. "Thanks for the company." A chuckle graced her throat at the half gracious compliment before she dipped down off the bough all the while keeping him at the corner of her sight.

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: