Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Curious Queries

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Brightkit rolled around in camp, picking up dirt on his fur as he went. The day had dragged on for what seemed like forever and his boredom had been constant throughout. He didn't usually feel like this, usually there was something to do. He stared up at the clear sky, soon he would be an apprentice... apprentices did lots of things, right? 

Then it dawned on him. Brightkit didn't really know what apprentices did after all, maybe he could ask someone. 

Brightkit sprang to his paws, filled with renewed energy as he scanned the camp for any stray warriors. 

Day

Who

Brightkit and anyone else

What

Relationship development / Brightkit learning stuff

Where

In Wind Clan camp.

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

I took a walk in the woods, and came out taller than the trees.
.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep had been grooming herself furiously next to the warrior's den for a good portion of time now. She was so focused on getting a  stray hair in  place that  she almost was lost to the rest of the  world, but suddenly  an odd feeling crept over her and her tongue  stopped dead in it's tracks. The stray hair taunting her. She was being watched. 

Glancing around with squinted eyes, Pinstep took in the camp, searching for who  might be staring her down. That was when she saw the tiny form a few tail lengths away. It was Brightkit,  looking a bit wily. The stray hair would have to wait, this might be important. 

Getting  to her paws, Pinestep walked towards the kit with a hop in  her step. "Hi there, Brightkit! How are ya today?"

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

"Pinestep!" Brightkit mewed happily. He shook the dirt from his fur, spraying little specks around. His eyes sparkled as he tried to think of the best way to word his question without sounding dumb. 

"I was wonderin'..." he began, "How do apprentices work?" 

Wait that came out wrong. 

"Uh, uh, I mean, what do apprentices do?" he asked, then added, proudly, "I'm gonna be one soon, after all.'' 

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Squinting against the fly of dust, Pinestep grinned down at the little fluffball before her. 

"You are going to be an apprentice soon, aren't you?! That's so very exciting. I remember when I was your age and I was so excited to get out into the world and start exploring!"

Thinking for a moment, Pinestep flicked her tail tip. "Well" she mused "apprentices do all kinds of things. But the most important is to learn how to help your clan!" Turning green eyes to Brightkit, Pinestep continued. 

"Like learning the warrior code, learning about territories, learning how to help the elders...and much more!!"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Brightkit listened intently as Pinestep explained, then nodded, "I can do that!" he said, excitedly, "I don't know if you heard but I'm the best learner,'' he boasted.

Then Brightkit's mind fully processed what the warrior had told him. 

"Exploring!" he exclaimed, hopping around, "I love exploring! It's so boooooooring here in camp, it's way cooler outside, right?" 

He sighed, "I don't usually get to go out of the camp,'' he huffed, then turned back toward Pinestep, "But you do, right? What's it like?" 

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep meowed brightly in laughter as the little kit exclaimed what an excellent learner he was. With a kind glint in her eyes, Pinekit gave him a quick wink, her wiskers twitching. "You know what, I do believe I had heard something like that. I look forward to seeing what you'll do when you become an apprentice! I expect big things!" Reaching out a paw, she gave him a small boop on the head before moving on to the next question. 

"Well, WindClan territory is so wide and open! You can see the sky for ever and ever!" Pinestep got to her paws and sitting on her hind legs, she motioned with her front paws to indicate just how large the territory stretched, but she wiggled slightly off balanced.

"Oop!"

Correcting herself with all four paws firmly back on the ground, Pinestep grinned once more and continued. 

"There's trees along multiple sides of the territory, protecting the backside of camp like a barrier! Then the river is on the opposite side, the one that borders RiverClan.." she paused for a moment, tilting her head.

"You've heard of RiverClan right, Brightkit?"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Pinestep expected big things of him! Brightkit found himself purring as she praised him. 

His eyes sparkled as she described Wind Clan territory. For ever and ever? He really did live in the best clan! 

And then River Clan. 

"River Clan? Yup, I heard of it!" Brightkit exclaimed, "That's where they swim around, right?" he wiggled his tail back and forth as if to simulate a swimming fish, then he shuddered, "So weird, why would they do that? Isn't it cold?" 

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

What a little cutie!! Pinestep almost melted into a puddle as Brightkit did his little wiggle swim and she giggled out loud. "Yes, you've got it exactly right kitto!" 

Giving the young kit a big smile, Pinestep continued on excitedly. "I've never been swimming, but I'm sure it must be freezing!! That's why RiverClan cats are crazy!" Squinting her eyes some, Pinestep shook her head quickly. "Well not ACTUALLY crazy, but you know, they're definitely different."

She simply couldn't imagine the appeal of hunting for fish and getting your paws all wet when one could chase their prey. The thrill of the catch and all! 

"What are you looking forward to the most about being an apprentice, Brightkit?"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Brightkit nodded along as Pinestep talked about River Clan. 

"What are you looking forward to the most about being an apprentice, Brightkit?" she'd asked. 

"I can't wait until I can actually help out Wind Clan!" he exclaimed, without skipping a beat "Right now I'm just a kit so nobody really lets me help all that much but when I'm an apprentice I can do all sorts of things!" 

"You were an apprentice once, right?" Brightkit realized, "What was your favorite part of it?" 

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep did a quick stretch before settling down with her paws tucked underneath her. There weren't any other pressing matters right now and as far as she was concerned, teaching a kit was important WindClan business! So, as Brightkit talked excitedly, Pinestep watched on with a smile. 

"Well, Brightkit. If you ever want something to do, you can help me! I'd be happy to show you some moves or even show you how to clean out a den sometime!" 

Obviously these weren't exciting tasks, but for a young kit, it could be an entire moon's worth of excitement! She chuckled. "Yes, I was indeed an apprentice once! And if I had to choose one thing..." Her tail tipped against the ground as she thought. 

"I think it would have to be exploring the borders! I loved getting to see the expanse of our territory and glimpse what lies beyond!"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

It was a crazy thing for Brightkit to think about that there were clans outside of Wind Clan, he knew there were, of course, and had heard about them but actually seeing them would be completely different, even if it was only a small glance. 

Then he processed the offer and his blue eyes lit up with excitement, "Yes, I would love to help you! And you would show me stuff too, really?" 

"Really, really? That would be great, that would be better than great that would be amazing!" 

Learning from an experienced warrior. 

As usual Brightkit couldn't contain his excitement. 

"Could you show me something right now?" 

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Blinking in surprise, Pinestep couldn't help but pause for a moment as Brightkit burst out with the question of training now. Of course, it should be expected considering how excitable kits are, but...oh boy...what would she demonstrate. 

"Think, Pinestep! You're a trained warrior for StarClan's sake!"

"Oh sure" she said instead, getting to her paws. "Let me show you how to practice your pounces!"

That would be easy enough after all. Kits already have a natural ability to pounce on things so teaching Brightkit how to focus on such a task wouldn't be too far of a reach. 

Padding over to a nearby twig, Pinestep waved Brightkit over with her tail. 

"Ok Brightkit, watch closely. First, you settle down into a crouch, always keeping your prey in your sites."

As she spoke, the WindClan warrior waited for the young kit to mimic her movements as she couched low to the ground, her paws tucked and tail still out behind her flanks. 

"Then, you wait...wait until you're ready to pounce!" With a quick leap, Pinestep sprung into action, pinning the twig between her paws and turning to smile at Brightkit before stepping away from the "prey". 

"Now you try!"

(@ifonlyapril)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Pouncing! Brightkit followed Pinestep as she waved him over with her tail. He watched as Pinestep lowered into an example crouch, slowly he copied her as best he could, trying to make sure he wasn't doing anything wrong. 

He was learning, just like a real apprentice!

He watched closely as Pinestep pounced, the way she did it seemed so effortless. She was amazing at hunting, clearly. 

Brightkit stared at the twig, focusing as hard as he could, the blacks of his eyes growing. His tail waved in the air and then he pounced. 

He landed on the twig but somehow managed to tumble forward afterwards so that he ended up landing on his back. He still got the twig in his paws, however, so he considered that I win. 

"I did it!"