2 Users
0 Likes
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player
Topic starter  

You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby

‹‹‹‹ ★ ››››

The night after the ceremonies was excruciatingly painful for the new leader (probably more than it should have). He used to be so confident as an apprentice, how in Starclan had Goldenstar kept it together? He lead the clan for seasons, though. He knew his clan, and he knew how to lead. I only got five moons of deputyship before he left it to me. It's alright to be nervous. Right? 

He looked up through the foliage around him, spying little bits of light that filtered through the trees' leaves towards the forest floor. He was at that forest floor, keeping himself calm as he waited.

Apparently that nervousness had gotten to him, seeing as he was now in the northforest, scenting for the arrival of another cat. He'd told Mistyleaf to meet him here, specifically in the portion closer to camp for a short talk. He needed to ensure (not just to her, but to him) that Mistyleaf was alright with this.. even if it was a bit late to ask her.

Day

Who

Mistyleaf and Moosestar

What

Moosestar approaches Mistyleaf about the Ceremonies yesterday, concerned she's not alright with mentoring an apprentice.

Where

Northforest, Early Morning

Moosestar ♂️ Thunderclan Leader
Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit
Greenfang ♀️ Thunderclan Warrior

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Mistyleaf drew herself through the underbrush, trying to keep her tail relaxed. Moosestar had asked to meet, but why? The silver torbie could guess--and she had on her way from camp--but hearing it from the source was surely the better route of knowledge, wasn't it?

"Moosestar?" she meowed as she approached from the area behind the lanky leader. Mistyleaf tried to sound pleasantly informal, but she did tilt her head a bit to the side when she saw him scenting around. "Erm, is anything amiss?"

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ★ ››››

Moosestar looked up with a surprise. He had clearly been surprised to see the molly from that direction, even though he should have expected she'd come from the clan camp. He sharply turned to her to get in that "This is a serious talk" stance that Goldenstar used to, with his tail hanging about at body height. The tip slightly moved back and forth in a nervous act. 

"Ah, Mistyleaf, you surprised me." 

The lanky brown leader said with a bit of a laughing purr. He attempted a smile while looking at Mistyleaf. However, it wasn't hard to spot her nervousness. Thus, he attempted to appear more casual than the stance had had copied from Goldenstar, instead moving to sit on the grass with his tail laying to his side.

"The reason I called for you Mistyleaf.. I wanted to ask, are you sure you can.. or want, to train Dovepaw?"

He asked gently. He had his head leaned forward with concern, looking to her reply with a bit of his own insecurity waving from him like a river's currents. He knew it probably would have been best to have told Mistyleaf about a mentorship first, seeing as she hadn't really gotten a warning and kinda just got it dumped on her suddenly..

Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit

ReplyQuote
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Mistyleaf's tufted ears dipped a little. "Ah..." Her tone was a bit bashful. "That." Had she been so obvious? Had the entire Clan noticed how off-guard she had been caught?

The warrior took a breath, then paused. Her tail-tip swished a little, but her ears returned to their proper and attentive position. "To put it plainly, yes," she mewed with certainty, hoping to put his mind at ease. "Or at least I would like to try to."

Mistyleaf's fluffy tail arced slowly back and forth behind her. "It's true that I wasn't sure at first. I never considered that my name might be called, which was why I was so surprised when it was. I haven't truly thought of mentoring anyone before, but I believe I can do it."

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ★ ››››

Moosestar smiled softly, comforted by her confidence. The young she was a quiet one, rathering the sidelines than the social battlefield. However, he knew that each Thunderclan cat had their own hidden strength deep inside them. She would be able to hold her own.

"I am glad, Mistyleaf. I know you have strength deep inside you, and with this apprentice, I am confident you will hone it and improve yourself."

He came a bit closer, bumping her shoulder with his own. It felt informal, but he guessed that some warriors, especially those who felt a lack of confidence, would need a brief moment of calm before the next surge of chaos. Every warrior was trained to handle it, but that didn't mean they needed to in times of peace.

Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit

ReplyQuote