Clear all

Open to Join Have You Herb?

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rage)
Player Information Drive, MCA Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter  

Piperpaw sat, waiting somewhat anxiously by the small pile of animal carcasses that rested in Windclan camp. She had told Brightpaw she wanted to speak with him over prey - and was hoping he hadn't stood her up.

It had been a little while since the two of them were apprentices - with Brightpaw on the path to being a warrior, and Piperpaw now following the call of Starclan. It had separated the siblings, something Piperpaw was grateful for at first. She loved her brother but he got on her nerves

But now - living away from him, sleeping in the Medicine Cat Den alone... she missed him. A lot.

Day

Who

Piperpaw, Brightpaw, Anyone Else Who Wants To

What

The siblings reconvene and discuss their new responsibilities - and maybe share some advice with one another

Where

Windclan Camp - Freshkill Pile

Characters:
Coldgaze: (M) Stoic Riverclan Deputy
Gingerthrash: (M) Arrogant Thunderclan Elder
Lawn Gnome: (F) Motherly Semi-Feral Shecat
Piperpaw: (F) Meek Windclan Medicine Cat Apprentice
Sootpaw: (M) Bubbly Shadowclan Apprentice
Sturgeonkit: (M) Sleepy Riverclan Kit
Sunstrike: (F) Anxious Thunderclan Warrior
NPCs:
Quailcall: (F) Fierce Thunderclan Warrior

paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

Brightpaw slowed his trot to stretch as he reentered the camp. First his front legs, arching his back, then his back legs. Time was hard to keep track of in the woods, even in the camp, as the canopy can block out a majority of the sunlight with the exception of the dappling on the forest floor that seeps through the leaves. Scanning the clearing for the freshkill pile, his ears perked up when he spotted his sister. He hurried over to her, tail raised straight up as he approached. 
"Piperpaw!" He called out in an overexcited manner as he came to a halt next to her. "Hi! Hey! I'm here! I showed up!" He plops his hindquarters on the ground to sit next to her with a goofy smile plastered to his face. "Soooo how have you been?"

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

Piperpaw instinctively bapped her brother's head as he sat down, claws sheathed. She hadn't really seen him in a while... already he had lost weight, and put on some muscle. Instead of milk and the moss of the nursery, he smelled like dirt and grass from the moor  - something she had become intimately familiar with, as seemed all she did was scrounge for random plants under the gaze of Rowanglade.

He wasn't just her brother anymore. Brightpaw really did look like an apprentice now - on his way to being a warrior. But some things never change - mainly his personality.

"I've been waiting, you furrball." She pretended to pout, then almost immediately cracked a grin. "Well, I can barely smell anything with how many herb's I've been preparing." She admitted with a purr. "I don't know how Rowanglade does it. I'm sneezing up a storm over here." Her tail curled around her contentedly.  "I want to know what you've been up to! How's your mentor? What did you see on patrol?"

Despite the distance, he was still her brother - and she loved talking to him.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

He shook his head back and forth after her playful swat as if he trying to shake off the strike. "Well, you don't smell like those gross bitter, medicinal plants. They're so pungent that once when I was chasing a vole or a mouse or some little prey like that hid in some and I couldn't smell it anymore." His nose scrunches up at the memory of the odor. "Maybe Rowanglade has just loss all sense of smell and that is why she can put up with it." He snorted and leaned back as if he expected another attack for daring to insult Piperpaw's mentor.

"Cloudflare is pretty nice actually! It feels a little weird getting ordered around by a sibling but he is patient. Doesn't get upset if I mess up and is a good teacher." He confessed and took a pause to look over his shoulder as if his mentor would be there to catch him. "As for the patrol, it was actually pretty boring. Border patrols always are. No trespassers, which is good I guess, but we never even see other cats ever. Not even a cat from a different clan." He groaned a bit more dramatically than he actually felt.

He cocked his head to the side, directing the questioning back at his sister. "What about you? How has your lessons with Rowanglade been? Do you like it? Do you wanna talk about what you've been learning?" He didn't know a lot about the medicine cat, or even medicine cats in general. From what he had seen they mostly keep to themselves and their work, maybe even interacting more with other medicine cats than the warriors of their clan.

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

"I don't? That's a relief." She had spent more than a moment grooming out all the nasty smell she could from her paws, but maybe she was going to go noseblind - as Brightpaw had suggested. "And don't go around saying things like that about Rowanglade! She's sensitive... except for her sense of smell, obviously." Piperpaw hoped her brother picked up on her joke, rather than the scolding. The older Medicine cat wasn't that thin-skinned. They could take a few jabs.

"If there is no one at the border, that just means you are scary enough to spook all the other clans off." She assured him. "I would rather see you bored than having to be patched up. Which I'm... okay at."

Honestly, her own misgivings about her abilities hadn't gone away when Rowanglade had asked Badgerstar for her to be their apprentice. She felt overwhelmed learning all the herbs; answering questions wrong all the time - still unable to find herbs on her own - cracking under pressure. Maybe she should have been a warrior. Then she at least wouldn't make others suffer in the same way.

"I'm worried. I didn't realize how much stress I'd be under as a Medicine Cat. What if Starclan doesn't like me? They could always say no - then I'm back to ground zero as an apprentice." She didn't often voice her worries to her mentor, but this was her brother. He could help... maybe.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Returning from a recent patrol, he shouldered a slight limp as he arrived with his fellows. He didn't want to cause a fuss, but knew eventually he'd have to make his way to the medicine cat's den for a... minor complaint. It wasn't anything serious, but he could feel the tell-tale sensation of a familiar sting.

After he arrived in camp he slowly made his way to the medicine cat's den, his classic coat a mantle of red swirls that glittered in the sunlight dappling through. His stride was awkward, but determined as the normally laid back tom continued his way through camp where he saw his half-siblings conversing. It had been an age since he talked to Piperpaw, and honestly, it was the best circumstance for it, if any.

Approaching the pair with a bit of added swagger, Cloudflare gave a small purr, tail lifting in greeting. "If Starclan didn't like you, they wouldn't have approved you to be a medicine cat apprentice!" He tried to laugh it off, but ended up wincing, looking at the young she-cat with some wryness. "I've been looking for a medicine cat - actually, I ended up stepping on a thorn while on patrol. Would you mind pulling it out and checking to see if it needs anything else?"

He had every confidence Piperpaw would be able to accommodate him, and lifting his front paw where she could see the thorn as it protruded from his paw pad. "What do you think? Will I survive?"

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

"Why in the world would they say no to your apprenticeship?" He cocked his head to the side as he questioned his sister in a tone that sounded genuinely bewildered. "I mean its not like you've been using berries to poison cats that you are supposed to heal. I mean unless you have been doing that behind my back. Maybe you are the one behind those mysterious deaths." He snorted playfully, clearly not taking his own words seriously, and shook his head, ears flopping from the force.

His half-brother's sudden appearence startled Brightpaw, eliciting a trill of happy surprise. He stood to rub against his mentors shoulder as he passed to speak with his sister. "A thorn? Have you tried taking it out? You know, instead of walking around on it? Not a medicine cat or even a medicine cat apprentice but that might help more than walking with it in."

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

Piperpaw purred at her brother's reassurance, but her heart wasn't quite in it. She wanted to be better - better than any medicine cat that came before her. But unlike warriors, who could just train harder on their own, she had to heal others in order to get better at her skills. So no time like the present! She was glad it was her own half-brother though. Any other cat would probably set her mind worrying. At least it she messed up, he was pretty easy going.

"Lemme see." She carefully examined Cloudflare's paw pad. There was indeed a thorn in it - but it didn't seem too deep. Brightpaw was right though - she was glad he had come to her rather than continued to walk around. That would have made it worse. "Oh, it's not too bad. I'll get some marigold for it after I get it out."

After a moment of hesitation, Piperpaw very carefully removed the thorn - causing a little bit more pain than was necessary with her hesitation. Either way, it was out, and Piperpaw kept it in her teeth as she trotted back to the Medicine Cat den to dispose of it, and grab some poultice.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

With a exaggerated squint, he wore the face of a cat in pain, and perhaps while there was some discomfort in the pad wedged thorn, Cloudflare was doing his best to cheer his young sister up. Even if Brightpaw didn't seem to get it. With a soft chuff, he held out his paw to the medicine cat's apprentice, wondering if she'd think it'd require anything for inflammation or potentially bleeding if taken out.

"That sounds like a plan!" His soft voice was intense as he watched her search for the thorn, analyze the situation and take matters into her own paws, err, teeth. After some initial hesitation, of which the tom gave a more sincere wince, the thorn was removed. He gave each of his toes a experimental flex at its absence, purring with thanks as she raced off for some marigold.

Once she was out of ear shot, his copper eyes fixed Brightpaw with a knowing blink, a bit dubiously as he spoke soft. "I know I could have taken it out, fluffball. I was trying to make Piperpaw feel better by being useful - you know, some proper medicine cat training. You should come to her if you have any complaint too, for the practice." He paused to offer him a wry smile, a sort of forgiving measure to let him know he wasn't angry, before swatting in his direction with his good paw - playful. "Just don't go searching for trouble."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
bookazuu
(@bookazuu)
Player

Aspenberry peered over to the group with a sheepish grin, seemingly trying to get the young medicine cat apprentice's attention. She had been out hunting, and had gotten her paw stuck in a small hole. Her paw was fine but she tripped and hit her head. It was embarrassing but she knew better than to just ignore the hit. 

'If you aren't too busy, I tripped over and was just wondering if there is anything I should do? I hit my head but I feel pretty fine', the speckled she-cat mewed while her ears pinned back just a little. She hated that she was interrupting a family conversation. She looked a little awkward, 'I can just go find Rowanglade if yyou are busy-' 

ReplyQuote