Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread Cravings & Anticipation (24FF20)

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

What I dream, the day might send. Just around the riverbend.

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

It was just before sunhigh, the warmth of the sun peered through the boughs of camp, playing with shadows and brightening the contrast of the roots, but Otterwhisker wasn't so concerned in absorbing the nature beauty and protection her camp provided. She had spent some time in the medicine cats den, positively chattering a storm with Willowfrost. The visit wasn't all pleasure, but everything seemed to be going according to plan.

Otterwhisker had gained a considerable amount of weight, and anyone could garner what was happening to her. Occasionally pausing in her daily activities as she felt any active motion... She always held her breath. It felt so alien, so odd... but any discomfort was immediately followed by a flood of warmth. And hunger... the mink she-cat had a budding appetite, and her face turned to the glint of fresh kill in the corner of her eye.

Without trying to broadcast her ravenous stride, she broke through to the pile, the tip of her short tail flicking in anticipation. The smell of freshkill was strong in her nostrils, and she peered down, sifting through it with half outstretched claws, rather intently without much regard for others that may be around her.

Day

Who

Open to anyone!

What

Otterwhisker has cravings. Who will bring her what she's hankering for?

Where

Riverclan Camp

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team

Out with the old - In with the bold

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Boldstar watched as Otterwhisker made her way across the camp to the prey piled in the Freshkill hollow. He watched for a moment as her search for something specific began. What, exactly, was it that she was after? The run of prey had strengthened as promised on the blue moon, but he hoped they'd managed to catch whatever it was that she wanted.

He approached slowly, trying to make noise to avoid startling her out of her focus. "Is there something specific you're after, Otterwhisker?" His voice was soft. He couldn't help feeling a little surge of masculine pride at the rounding of her body. The idea that not only were the kits sired by him, but she was letting him lay his part of the claim, was something he couldn't help but beam at. Even if his part was the fun half.

"If we don't have it, I'm willing to try and find some for you."

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator

Ashpaw ♂ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar ♂ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox ⚥ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther ♂ The Once and Future King

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Hard-wired and fixated on the pile of fresh kill available to her, Otterwhisker no less shifted through what remained. Perhaps she might have been seen as ungrateful, being picky for prey when it was so plentiful at this time, but she wanted something different. She had hoped that she'd find what she was looking for, but alas... it wasn't there.

She struggled to keep the disappointment from her eyes as they glanced up to meet Boldstar's own green ones.

"Oh, Boldstar!"

She exclaimed, warmth returning to her. Yet his question dug into her, and she sighed, tip of a dark ear twitching a bit sheepishly. "Well...." She started, but remembering who Boldstar was, surely he would understand her needs, began again. "Actually, yes. I'd hoped to find a thrush or a starling in the pile, but no luck today it seems."

The tom held her attention now despite her hunger. It was always pleasant to see his face, and took an unusual comfort being near him. Perhaps just another side effect from her condition. The fact that he even offered to hunt something for her was appreciated. Otterwhisker smiled at him, a soft purr erupting from her mouth as she stretched forward, dipping down into an arch before her head was aimed to bump fondly into his shoulder.

"Or perhaps my luck has just arrived!"

This post was modified 8 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team

‹‹‹‹ ››››

Thrush or starling... Of course it would be something harder to catch now that chicks had taken wing. He couldn't help but think at her request. But still, he would find a way to provide.

"Hello, Otterwhisker." There was the edge of a chuckle to his voice as gave his greeting properly in response to her surprise. "You may have to make do and wait to have your thrush or starling later, once I've had a chance to slip off to hunt. There will be a decent chance at them up towards the River Copse." His voice was thoughtful as he considered the potential hunting path through the familiar trees.

"Assuming your luck holds." The words were accompanied by a sassy twitch of his plumed tail.

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Twas always a pleasure to share company with Boldstar, and her good humor seemed to be rubbing off on him. It wasn't yet too hot for hunting, and while Otterwhisker could have tried to catch her own prey, her condition would have proven more of a hinderance to her desires than a boon.

Settle to wait would be the only thing she could do until the giant tom provided for her cravings, and it'd certainly be appreciated. "Hopefully luck will give you wings to get that body off the ground. But let's hope for hapless birds who carelessly forage. I believe in you, Boldstar." She teased lightly with a good humored twitch of her thick white whiskers.

Smiling a sort of soft wryness, the she-cat padded closer to a sheltering bough, nestling herself atop her paws as she fixed the tom with a curious stare. "Willowfrost seems to think it'll be a large litter, and I agree. There has to be at least three kits in there from what I can tell." Whatever small discomfort from the tiny wrestling forms inside her was veiled in a purr.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ››››

"Even when I was younger my ability to fly was called into question." Boldstar's response came good-naturedly. He was a cat of his duty, but never one to be overly serious when he could help. It was just too bad that being a leader meant needed to be serious much of the time. The kits would do him good and bring some lightness into his life. He was thankful to Otterwhisker for that.

The size of the litter, however, seemed like it might be impressive. Otterwhisker had certainly gotten big rather quickly. "Three would be amazing! It should make you proud to think of how many Warriors you might create." His voice had deepened into a rumbling purr by the end. He would be proud of her however many kits there came to be.

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

❖ ⭒ ❖ ⭒ 💧 ⭒ ❖ ⭒ ❖

Imagining the huge tom swoop down on anything brought a smile to her lips, followed by a short little cat chuckle. "Besides the responsibilities, enduring the pattering of wild kits and chasing after their fluffy hides will be a welcome change, I think."

Tongue rasping thoughtfully along the length of a darker paw, a claw flexed out from its sheath where she nibbled her pad. Be it one kit, or many she'd be proud of her accomplishment, of what she was providing for her clan. She could only hope that Starclan didn't call her before she felt she was ready. She wanted nothing more than to see her offspring grow and become the fine warriors she knew they'd be. Ear flicking, she smiled again, trying to distract herself.

"What were you like as a kit, Boldstar? Should I be worried?

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kitsufox)

‹‹‹‹ ››››

He'd been downright boring as a kit, not that Otterwhisker needed to know that! Instead Boldstar gave a wicked chuckle that he was sure a snail could have identified as fake and told her "I was a terror. Time to start getting concerned." They'd known each other long enough that Boldstar was fairly certain that she knew full well if there were any tales to tell someone would have told them already. Clanmates didn't keep your secrets, they shouted them from the speaking spot.

ReplyQuote