0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong watched the shapes of the dawn patrol's chosen slip out of camp in the early morning light. Better to be on dawn patrol than sunhigh in this heat. Lion's glory was starting out strong, and the one-eyed tom seemed quite interested in spending time outside to warm up after a restless night before too much sun forced him back inside the elder's den.

His lean, misshapen form lounged as comfortably as he could from the height of highrock, simply enjoying the scents that came to his nose. Half dozing in and out, he took comfort in the fact that he could enjoy himself while he could, then see if the apprentices needed anything productive to do.

For now he cat watched, when he wasn't napping. Eventually he'd consider grabbing some fresh kill... Eventually.

Day

Who

Sunstrike & Bravesong. Others may join!

What

Chatting, catching up, and relationships!

Where

Thunderclan camp by Highrock

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@rage)
Player Information Drive, MCA Player, Genealogy Team

Sunstrike kept well out of the way of the Warriors sent on dawn patrol – skirting around the edge of the camp. She still wasn’t used to having her own ‘presence’ in the camp. Despite her best attempts she always seemed to return to her apprentice mentality of staying out of sight and out of mind.

The warmth of the sun was nice for now, but she knew in a few hours time it would be blistering. Yet if she stuck to the treeline the worst of the heat would be held at bay by the greenery.

After a moment of stillness, she darted over to the freshkill pile, picking the smallest and – frankly – stalest mouse from the pile. It wouldn’t be right for someone of her age to take anything bigger. She was still proving herself after all… to her clan.... and to herself.

Now all that was left was to find a quiet spot to eat. A hard sell in the busy morning.

Characters:
Coldgaze: (M) Stoic Riverclan Deputy
Gingerthrash: (M) Arrogant Thunderclan Elder
Lawn Gnome: (F) Motherly Semi-Feral Shecat
Piperpaw: (F) Meek Windclan Medicine Cat Apprentice
Sootpaw: (M) Bubbly Shadowclan Apprentice
Sturgeonkit: (M) Sleepy Riverclan Kit
Sunstrike: (F) Anxious Thunderclan Warrior
NPCs:
Quailcall: (F) Fierce Thunderclan Warrior

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

When the shape of a single eye fluttered open, he spotted a shape in the distance. From her movements he could have sworn it may be Brindlepaw, or maybe Larchpaw, but when he blinked the daze of sleep from himself he found it belonged to a warrior. Brows furrowing with concentration he recognized the agouti furred Sunstrike, her pelt catching in dawn's warming rays.

A good nap brought out the best in cats, and Bravesong was no different. Sunstrike shouldn't have to feel like it was an inconvenience to move about in camp and he knew just what to do. Lifting his front half into a vague laying, but now alert position, he lifted his head and mewed down towards the young warrior.

"Sunstrike! Why don't you pick out another mouse for me and come join me up on Highrock."

With a half smile that contorted the huge scar on his face he waited for her response, hoping his usual quiet mew could be heard from below.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

Sunstrike’s gaze snapped over to the older warrior, her eyes narrowing slightly. She didn’t answer, but did as he asked, carefully selecting another mouse from the pile, and slinking her way over to high rock.

She hesitated at the base of the stone – was she even allowed up there? Bravesong seemed unconcerned and she would have to take his word at face value. With well-trained strength she joined him on the warm surface, placing the mouse carefully at his feet with a respectful dip of the head.

She hadn’t spoken to Bravesong – at least, not since her warrior ceremony… and not since he had received his new name. She felt…guilty about that, even though she had been an apprentice. There was a lot of fuss around combat and fighting prowess in Thunderclan and Bravesong had proved his skills, and his loyalty. But now he seemed all but forgotten – at least from her perspective.

She tried to settle her hackles – which she found were nearly always raised these days - and waited to hear what the tom wanted with her. Surely, someone more than twice her senior had some motive to calling her over.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

As an elder, Bravesong enjoyed a certain ease of life. Certainly not by choice, but circumstances be what they were, made it so he was much less active than he used to be. Either way, he doubted the simple place of where he took a nap came into contention. At this moment, he was eager to share his warm spot with just about anyone. Sunstrike kept busy as most youngers warriors did, but the suddenness of her attention caused the tom to blink, mewing with a certain somberness that seemed sincere at least.

"Sorry if I startled you." He started slowly, his tail wrapping around the snug of his body as he watched her ascend to his lofty perch, mice in tow. His good paw stretched out to inch the prey closer to him with some amount of focus, but remembered the she-cat beside him, and without trying to stretch any awkwardness, continued. "I thought you might want some cat to eat with. And honestly, this is one of the best places in camp to do so." Sharing a well-kept secret, Bravesong's purr was full of mirth.

He knew all too well how some could feel alienated for being a little different. His mouth began plucking the subtle fluff from the mouse's hide, pushing it from his lips in a small pile that he'd save for Tigerrush. "How have your warrior duties been treating you?" He was curious, perhaps, but more importantly, he might have been a tiny bit concerned. His own warriorhood wasn't the smoothest, and after his injuries he believed that nothing would ever be right again.

Starclan hadn't taken him for a reason and now wanted nothing more than to be a guiding foundation for his clan.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

“I’s fine.” She kicked herself for her quiet and dismissive response. Come on Sunstrike – you can do better than that. Sunstrike silently watched Bravesong stretch for the mouse. She didn’t have much to say on the matter – no shame in needing help especially given the circumstances of the injury.

“I will keep that in mind.” Looking out on the camp was… relaxing almost. She could see everything from up here if she tried. Not that she felt unsafe in the camp it was just… she didn’t want to intrude on anyone.

“I.” She stopped herself. “I’m happy to be trusted with the full duties of a warrior. Greenfang taught me a lot.” She tucked into her own mouse, praying the tom didn’t hear the slight tremor to her voice. He had his own – much bigger – problems. How do you explain that ‘no one likes me?” without coming off as selfish? And then there was the fact that maybe people did like her, but she just kept pushing them away and –

Sunstrike huffed and rolled the mouse over with the pad of her paw.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

From Highrock Bravesong felt his eye sweep over the clearing, proud of his vantage. he may not be a useful hunter or fighter anymore, but he had other ways to provide. Keeping his sights aimed to the sky for encroaching weather to listening for the slightest change in birdsong over the forest. Being this high up had its advantages.

"It's a lot of responsibility being a warrior. Protecting and providing for your clan is no easy feat - but working alongside your clanmates makes it all possible. Whether or not its bareable is up to you."

Serious for only a moment, the black and white hued tom purred, relishing in warm prey before he blinked up in warm candor.

"How's your mouse? Hopefully its fresh enough for you - the catch of some skillful dawn hunter, perhaps. I did see Brindlepaw walking into cammp with a sparrow - she's learning fast under Moosestar's guidance."
There was no mistaking the tone of admiration in his voice as he spoke of his half sister. Her apprentice tasks kept her busy most days, but no longer was she openly hostile towards him.

He was proud of how quickly she seemed to be maturing.

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

Sunstrike blinked at Bravesong. Whether or not her duties were bearable seemed irrelevant – She had to do them anyways. But she took his advice anyways and tucked in away for safekeeping. He clearly knew something she didn’t.

“It’s… it tastes a bit like dirt.” She admitted. “But if anyone should eat it, probably should be me.” She finished the mouse in a few quick bites before he had time to protest. “Nothing should go to waste.”

Sunstrike settled on all fours, wrapping her long tail around her as she watched the apprentices. She instinctively purred at Bravesong’s commentary – not quite aware of it herself. “He seems like a very competent teacher. Must be nice.” She hastily added before he got any ideas about her own mentor. “I mean - to have someone dedicated to the clan teaching you how best to serve it.”

A beat of silence passed before Sunstrike piped up. “I have a rather…strange question. Well…strange and maybe insensitive.” She admitted, her ears flattening in embarrassment. “You don’t have to answer, I’m just curious.”

"Is it strange to have a new name? I mean. I just got a new name recently but I've been Sun since I was born. Even then, I find myself not responding to Sunstrike sometimes; I'm so used to Sunpaw." She met his gaze with a strange amount of intensity - a product of her awkwardness moreso than anything else. "And... my name was chosen for my warrior ceremony - a positive event in my life. Do you... like your new name Bravesong? Do you miss your old one?" She curled in on herself a bit - sheepish that she had even asked that of him.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Nothing wrong with a bit of earth on your tongue. Mice were creature of dirt, after all, they scurried on top and beneath their tunnels and dens. Maybe he had just gotten used to the taste, but this just confirmed that Sunstrike's morsel was more 'kill' and less 'fresh'. Probably just cold. Nothing like biting into a tepid mouthful of something that's life had just slipped away. Bravesong spoke nothing of her comment, merely nodded giving her the acknowledgement that he was listening even as he ate.

"Goldstar must have seen something in him to make him his deputy. He seems a competent leader enough, although its still early. At least he seems to be keeping Brindlepaw on straight." Twitching his whiskers, the tom took another mouthful, wanting to enjoy his meal while it was more fresh and less dirt flavored.

The flash of his single hazel eye lifted to that of the younger she-cat when she addressed him directly. Lapping at the stain of red on his lips Bravesong listened in apt attention as an apprentice might to the lesson of their mentor. He seemed all the eager to offer an answer to her question, until...

He allowed his soft words to simmer, his appetite stiffened all at once, but forced himself another bite if only to mentally echo Sunstrike's earlier sentiment. Nothing should go to waste. Her intensity was mirrored as he looked back at her, the tips of his ears flattening against his skull.

"I should have died that day, but, through Starclan's grace, didn't. Not that I could ever live up to my name... Or that's what I originally believed. I don't miss my old name anymore, but sometimes I still miss my old routines."

A shadow of his former pessimistic self flickered but an instant, but when he finished, their was a calm finality to his smile, and he purred again.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

Sunstrike blinked at his returned intensity – very much not aware of her own body language – and fixed her eyes on her paws. Her ears flattened and flicked, a reflection of her turmoil of thoughts. “I don’t count for much but.” She shuffled, trying to organize her thoughts.

“You haven’t changed them. Your routines, I mean.” Sunstrike shook her front paw, attempting to avoid licking her leg raw with nerves. “I saw…. A cat who was always there. Tried to be present, take on more than what was expected of him. He would talk to anyone and everyone. Even if they didn’t want to talk to him. Even if no one else wanted to talk to them.” She gave into the urge and gave her paw a few good rasps before continuing.

“You make cats feel welcome.” She looked out over the camp once more, watching. “I don’t… not being a warrior hasn’t changed you – deep down. There was the slightest whisper of a smile. “I’m glad you found you again.”

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong had plenty of time to think long and hard about what had happened to him, and what was still happening to him. No one should have to go through the trauma of recovering from something like that, but was he better for living through it? He still wasn't one hundred percent sure, but nothing could ever be a certainty.

His expression pursed, almost unreadable as he contemplated her response, unrealizing that his maw tipped open. He seemed to even forget of cleaning up the last morsels of his breakfast. He lay there, calmly entranced by her observation. Starclan, she seemed more keen than him at this moment, and showed a surprising sense of maturity. Bravesong punctuated the silence with a small purr, blinking gratefully.

"You're always welcome to share a meal with me. I'm glad I found myself, and I'll always be here, Starclan willing, to help others find themselves too. Mainly let's accept that life has its ups and downs and to not be afriad to do the things we want to do, because you never know if it'll be your last day."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

She wasn’t sure what Bravesong was thinking – did she offend him? She should have kept her mouth shut. It wasn’t her place to comment on others. Sunstrike quietly waited for his response, but what he said wasn’t really what she expected. She looked over at him when he purred, still on edge but no longer terrified.

“I. Uh. Yeah.” He was right about that for sure – life was unexpected at best. “I might take you up on that offer.” It wasn’t often that she got to spend time with someone as easygoing as Bravesong – maybe talking to him more often would be good for her.  

“If you need anything, just let me know, okay? I know a lot of cats here are very proud of their skills and – Starclan knows I’m not the most approachable– but I’m just as capable as Savagefox or Wrentalon in hunting and I can get you anything you want. Okay?” Again, she hoped she didn’t offend the older tom with the offer – even as an elder he never was one to sit still, but there were things that even he couldn’t get his paws on when he needed it.  

Personally, she wondered if Savagefox or Wrentalon would even bother to take care of their elders – there was a fine line between pride and vanity. But that wasn’t her opinion to voice. So long as they preformed their responsibilities, did she really have a right to judge them?

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong's long tongue lapped languidly at his paw once he fished himself from his now finished meal. Now time to pampering himself a bit and clean up the splotches of red on his black and white fur, between his claws, yet he still kept an ear out for her. Nothing would distract him long enough to hear the uncertain tones of her voice.

"What makes you think you're not approachable, Sunstrike? Perhaps other cats just see your paws deep into your duties and might not want to disturb you. I'm sure if you take a few breathes and slow down during your day you might surprise yourself."

Honestly, sound advice for any hardworking apprentice or busybody warrior, but it was something he only got recently acquainted with since his aspirations as an Elder. It really made you appreciate the small things in life.

"Well, I'd rather approach you over Savagefox or Wrentalon, capable as they may be. I'll keep that in mind." Grateful of her company, he sat up straight, eying camp from their shared vantage point, and began to pile up the remains. "Do you think you'd be able to stop by the medicine cat's den and see if Tigerrush can find a use for this mouse down?"

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

Oh, Starclan he was probably right. So, she really did push people out of her life – like a mousebrained fool. She didn’t catch much his reassurance, instead wrestling internally with the idea that maybe – perhaps – she was the problem, always has been the problem and will continue to be the problem…. The list goes on and on.  

She did zone back in with his comment about Wrentalon and Savagefox, and she felt her ears unconsciously flick in irritation at the mention of the toms. At his request she nodded, once again silent after her internal monologue. It took her a moment to collect the fluff from both her and Bravesong’s meal and she gave him a nod. “Than’s”. She hoped he got the sentiment through her mouthful of fur.

As Sunstrike hopped down, it was easy to see that maybe she no longer kept to the shadows of the camp. She did give others leeway and wove around her fellow warriors rather than holding her own, but she didn’t cower once on her way to see Tigerrush, disappearing into the medicine cat’s den with a flick of her orange tail.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

He wanted to reach a paw out to reassure her, but he felt that she needed some time for herself. Maybe a solo hunt to balance herself in the nature of their world. Either that or come back to share another meal with him. Maybe a sunning adventure towards sunning rocks when its a little cooler and the sun didn't beat down upon them so harshly. Bravesong watched with his one good eye as she dipped her head, showng her thanks, before taking the fluff to the medicine cats den. His tail flicked in a wave at her exit, his smile gentle.

It seemed like Bravesong was content to stay where he was, overlooking the camp.

[OOC: End thread! Great job!]

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: