Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] A Different Kind of Sentinel (14FG20)

35 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"As long as it's not freezing cold, I love it," Shadesleek happily told Pinestep. Her silky fur was just for making her look good, not for warmth. Icy rain was no fun at all. Cloudflare had a good point about difficult and delicious being different things. "Well, this one's both for me," she meowed as if that settled things. Being older and having hunted more things, that was Cloudflare's problem to figure out.

While he figured that out, Shadesleek looked back over at Rowanglade's herbs. "So what's it do?"

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

I took a walk in the woods, and came out taller than the trees.
.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep took advantage of  the momentary pause  in conversation to lick at her soggy fur,  wicking some of the water away. She had already irritated her sister enough  by  flicking water  towards her  herbs and she wasn't about to  but in and try and share the knowledge she had just learned regarding the plants;  so she sat contentedly to wait and let Rowanglade  explain. 

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter  

Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

Rowanglade purred at young Shadesleek's question. Maybe she'd missed someone who should have been called to the Medicine Den with that one. Interest in herbs was always supposed to be a strong first sign. Ah well. StarClan would forgive her. "Celandine purifies. Internally as well as wounds. Especially wounds that are slow to heal." She ended it there. That was enough for a warrior to know and she didn't want to torture the young cat if she'd just asked out of pure politeness.

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator

Ashpaw ♂ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar ♂ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox ⚥ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther ♂ The Once and Future King

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Herbs were interesting and all, but Cloudflare hadn't much experience with them other than the herbs that were used on him when he spent some time in the sick den. He could still recall the relative bitterness of their flavors, while unique - was the opposite of delicious. Perhaps soon Rowanglade would find the potential in an upcoming kit to raise as the next medicine cat. Perhaps it was a missed opportunity in Shadesleek, but she wasn't bad for such a young warrior. "Was it Celandine what you used on me? Or was that a different herb?"

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Huh," Shadesleek mewed thoughtfully, tail slowly swishing to the other side. She heard Cloudflare talking in the background, but Shadesleek was wondering how something could purify internally. How did insides even get impure? How did you tell what it was? Was it like a stomachache and you could just feel it?

She didn't know how medicine cats could remember all that stuff and how to treat cats. It must've taken forever! Warrior training felt like a breeze compared to that But I probably could've done it, Shadesleek told herself, not about to diminish her self-confidence. The herbs part anyway. She wouldn't want to be stuck in a den all day, surrounded by sick patients. That was not the kind of life she wanted.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

Rowanglade thought back for a moment. "No, Cloudflare, I don't think I used Celandine on you. It's best for when a wound is slow to heal. Like they can be if they've gotten badly infected." She stopped herself. Surely this pack of warriors didn't want to hear her prattle on about why Celandine was so important to keep in stock.

"I would have used infection preventatives, rather than something cleansing." In all honesty, she couldn't remember the injury with enough clarity to know for sure. She treated many hurts and it could be hard to remember exactly what was what once it left the Sick Den. "Wasn't yours a sprain? Or are you talking about your paw-pad?"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

The tom couldn't remember what exactly Rowanglade used to treat him - all the herbal remedies kinda went over his head at times, there was much to much to remember and respected the older she-cat for her diligence.

"It was for my sprain - when I took a tumble chasing after a slippery hare...I don't think you did, either, heh." He recounted with a self conscious flick of an ear in the rain. He had become extra wary hunting in such conditions; snow, and even rain made for hazardous terrain even if the rain droplets did mask your steps. Your steps could fall right out from under you.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Well your tumble taught me to be more careful," Shadesleek meowed. It also stoked her interest for hunting in the Twolegs' territory since the terrain was more consistent and the bigger birds didn't go too far or fly away. Not that they needed to know that...

And if too many of us go there, the Twolegs'll come after us, she thought. Just seeing one with Nightrain had been bad enough and that Twoleg had touched him! Hunting there would just stay her secret. She didn't want to risk anybody else.

"Don't you just have to rest a sprain?" Shadesleek asked, mainly to take her mind off the Twolegs' prey. Plus, Rowanglade liked explaining stuff, right? Waiting on that meant it'd be less time until the Gathering announcement.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

(@kitsufox)
Topic starter  

‹‹‹‹ ♦ ››››

"That's right, a sprain just needs time. Unless it's very bad, then we might try and do something for the swelling." Rowanglade nodded her agreement with the young cat's remembrance of a cure. Too bad that one hadn't felt the call to be a Medicine Cat. The brain was right, at least.

Badgerstar really should be about any time now. Soon they'd need to leave and turn damp milling about in the camp into damp milling about at Fourtrees.

((Hey, @AirJordanz , you may wish to join this thread, since it's effectively everyone milling around killing time waiting for the Pre-gathering Clan Meeting where the entourage whose attending gets announced.))

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

((The official pre-Gathering thread is up now: Pre-Gathering Clan Meeting (First Green 2020)))

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs: