Closed Thread What to do... (8LS20)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  
Mistyleaf had spent some while thinking about warrior training, wondering what to teach Dovepaw next. She hadn't actually decided when they met at the Sandy Hollow in the morning. Hunting training had gone well thus far. Mistyleaf didn't worry about her apprentice's skills there or about Dovepaw going hunting on her own, but...

"What would you name as an optimal defense tactic?" she asked Dovepaw. In her opinion, there were few wrong answers.
Day

Who

Mistyleaf and Dovepaw

What

Training

Where

Sandy Hollow

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Faux

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Dovepaw padded after her mentor as Mistyleaf led her out of camp for training. They were heading towards the Sandy Hollow. Did that mean they were going to start battle training? Brindlepaw told her about Moosestar getting her started on battle moves and, while Dovepaw was willing to defend her clan, she wasn't clamoring to fight. At least at the moment. This could be fun and interesting!

However, when Mistyleaf asked her about optimal tactics, she couldn't help laying her ears back slightly. "Well, might help if I knew what some of the tactics were first, wouldn't it?" She tried not to sound insolent, so she added. "I suppose, off the top of my head, I'd say just don't let them get your belly?"

ReplyQuote
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

"I was going to say 'awareness' but yes," Mistyleaf mewed. "Very sufficient: do not let them get your belly." With a bit of abashment, she added, "And also yes, it would help if you knew some tactics first."

Mistyleaf would be the first to admit combat was not her favorite thing in the world, but she would also be the first to admit she was better at defense than offense, and so, she would start with that... "As you can imagine, the simplest way to avoid the risk of underside injury is to avoid exposing one's underside to potential injury."

((ooc wrap-up, they worked on blocking and dodging))

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot