Notifications
Clear all

Private Thread Whiskers of Thought (4LG20)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

"So many lessons, so little time..." is what another mentor might've said but not Mistyleaf. Instead, the torbie warrior had simply taken herself and Dovepaw out into the forest, again hoping to think of a topic along the way. She'd decided to avoid the southern border for now, given that there was a strange rogue around and she had no desire to have her apprentice potentially confront such a cat.

As the sounds of the forest stream graced her tufted ears, Mistyleaf thanked StarClan that some cloud coverage yet blocked the sun. Stopping beneath a tree, Mistyleaf asked Dovepaw, "Have you ever seen a catfish?"

Day

Who

Mistyleaf and Dovepaw

What

Training

Where

Near the Stream Clearing

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Dovepaw padded after her mentor, wishing she could feel more of the breeze in her fur. It was nice to feel it against her nose, giving a bit of relief to the stifling heat that had been starting to hang around. When Mistyleaf stopped under a tree and sat down, the apprentice followed suit.

"No, you haven't shown me how to fish yet and I've mostly been keeping my hunting to the wooded area in this heat. Or do you meant have I seen a cat swimming like a fish?" She replied honestly but with a hint of weariness in her voice. She had been trying hard to keep up with all the warriors in the heat and humidity and do apprentice duties with Brindlepaw, but it still didn't mean the it didn't suck a bit of energy from her all the same.

ReplyQuote
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  
Mistyleaf tilted her head at Dovepaw for a heartbeat and gave a quick "Hm?" mrrow in confusion, then realization washed over her like rain and she understood why her apprentice's answer was so varied.

"Oh, I see," she replied with a chuckle. "I hadn't considered how that would sound. I meant a catfish as in the prey, not a cat engaged in fishing or one swimming like a fish."

Can cats really swim like fish? she wondered. She'd never really seen one completely beneath the water as fish would be... Focus, they told themself.

"Yes, I've not yet taught you how to fish either." Mistyleaf looked up at the sky for a moment. "Today could be a good day for it. Even if we don't catch much, the water should be refreshing."

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Dovepaw's whiskers twitched in amusement at her mentor's response to her question. She shook herself to fluff her fur and try to rid it of the stuffy feeling the heat kept bringing to it. She didn't much like the idea of getting her paws or fur wet, but she supposed learning to fish could be useful.

"Are there different ways to fish? Like there's different ways to hunt birds, mice and squirrels?" The dilute tortoiseshell apprentice was honestly curious, her tone thoughtful as she questioned Mistyleaf. "Do you have a favorite fish to hunt and eat?"

ReplyQuote