0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Survival demands caution, but greatness requires daring
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

With burdock root plugged into his recent cat bite wounds, Kosmo's light frame was masked in the shadows that played against his coat in the pre-dawn, just before the sun's arrival. A part of him wanted to see for himself where these forest cats gathered, straight from his mentor's mouse - where her very exile began.

The weight of understanding played just as shadowed in his odd-colored eyes as he spent a decent part of his explorations poking at the various cat scents that betrayed the arrival of clan gatherings. So here these cats stood, keeping the peace - fronting diplomacy. Lying at each others faces so not to develop anything positive from one another lest they face them in battle. What was the point of keeping these clans so close to one another to disrupt each other so frequently anyway?

As the face of his head craned upwards towards the purplish and orange cream sky he felt as though his heart soared, deep into the overcast sky where he could catch glimpses of fluffy cat like shapes. His own kin originated in this forest, and here he returned to a less than stellar welcome, but that was besides the point. He could take or leave warriors - but that wasn't what he was after. Well, one of his many latent desires.

Switching from the sky to the ground, he surveyed the loamy earth searching for a blue, flowery plant with five triangularly pointed petals once he left the large four treed clearing behind in shelter of the wooded area beyond. It wasn't long before his tracks brought him to the familiar shrubs, the plants standing tall with fresh leaves of good color ready for harvest.

Borage.

Picking a rather healthy looking specimen from the flock, the movement of his rather large, angular frame was executed rather gently. Plucking a single, bright green leaf from the stalk by the hilt.

Day

Who

Tigerrush & Kosmo

What

Colleague chatting & herb collecting

Where

Fourtrees. Near the clearing, in the wooded area

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

After a gentle rain had quenched some of the thirst of the land a few nights prior, Tigerrush had been out to see whether it allowed for some fresh herb to flourish and perhaps gather a few to take home a dry. She had been rather lucky this Newleaf and Greenleaf. She had managed to toss and refresh almost all the herbs she had stored over the past Leafbare.

The borage in the area had enjoyed the drink from the rain and the plants looked well. The roots seemed strong and healthy and the leaves just as much. Now she was a little impatient for the flowers to go to seed so she could refresh the seed store.

Tigerrush had turned to pad off when a scent hit her nose that she didn't recognize. It was a cat but not one of the four clans, but she honestly didn't know of any loners in the area- at least that hadn't been driven off recently by her brother and Sunstrike.

The medicine cat let her dark brown striped pelt blend into the trunk of the large tree she was by, shifting slightly into the shadows as the sun began to slowly rise above the horizon. Maybe this was the cat? If so, why was he after herbs on the clan territories? Surely there was some in the surrounding areas?

She blinked in surprise as the pointed tom plucked a leaf from the borage plant she had been examining several minutes before. He was surprisingly relaxed but that wasn't what caught her attention. He didn't dig the plant up, just took a fresh leaf. Which meant either he didn't know what borage was used for or someone he knew was ill. She had better set him straight or he could waste that leaf for nothing.

Green eyes glowing in the strengthening dawn light, the petite medicine cat stepped forward from the shadows to let herself be seen, undaunted by how much larger he was from her, her mew soft but concerned. "Is your mate ill?"

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

he had harvested a perfectly healthy leaf before debating if he should take more. They should be harvested fresh for his needs, or rather the needs of his friend. Struggling to feed more mouths than her body could handle. Hopefully she had hunted for herself recently - no doubt she had a mounting appetite.

His large frame was just about to slink to the next flowery herb, dipping through the near twilight like a shadow unseen. Here was a place where all cats could be welcome, in theory, medicine cats most so. Again, in passing theory. Stories passed down hinted otherwise, and perhaps that's what lured him to this spot in particular. To see where it had all happened.

Nose full of herb, he barely scented the approaching she-cat from behind. At least she had the decency to make her presence known, and coolly, the tom turned to regard her. Odd eyes level, his scrutiny marred with unmistakable curiosity. Her presence carried the aroma of Thunderclan - but there was something more. Hints of medicinal dens, delicious herbal after tones that seemed to the tom every bit intellectually arousing.

Brows lifting, he mewed an even. "You're the Thunderclan medicine cat, aren't you?" His tail waved in greeting, unable to help the brightness in his voice. "They are a friend in need, and certainly not my mate. That would be unbecoming of someone like us. Hypothetically, how would you harvest borage for a struggling queen with an inadequate milk supply?" Kosmo was eager to exchange thoughts with this she-cat, and what a pleasant surprise she was.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Green eyes took in the tom before her from his tall, lean form with long legs to the fawn color and brighter points of his pelt. He had tufted ears and two different colored eyes. The expression as he looked at her went from coolly detached to eagerly curious. It was obvious he wasn't afraid of trespassing and to be fair, with how small she was in comparison, she probably didn't seem much of a threat. Despite this, she wasn't afraid of him either.

"I am Tigerrush, Thunderclan's medicine cat, yes." She confirmed before he waved a greeting with his tail, tilting her head as she continued to watch him. Her expression remained neutral as she did so, even as her mind already began to go over how she would treat such a case in the camp.

"It depends on how lacking your queen is in her supply and how far into lactating your queen is. Borage leaves are good if she's just kitted and is trying to get her milk to come in. The leaves cannot be dried and stored- they need to be eaten fresh so you've done well in collecting it properly."

The brown tabby sat and looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing. "Borage is good for helping to build the milk supply, however, I think using dandelion leaves or caraway seeds would be more beneficial if her milk supply has already come in. Dandelion leaves would help increase her milk supply and caraway would help increase her flow. Dandelion and caraway are also known to help stimulate appetite because queens also needs their own nourishment to provide some for kits."

Her gaze darkened with concern. "Has she recently kitted? Are the kits healthy? Do they need to be seen by a medicine cat?" She merely assumed that since he was collecting herbs that they were loners. Otherwise, their twolegs would be taking care of them, right?

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Ears perked at the sound of her name. Finally! For so long he wondered what sort of names these cats may have - and while he understood the usual phenomenon of how names were given in the clans, hearing an organic one from her lips gave him a surge of confidence. She could have been lying to him, distracting his attention, but he didn't care.

"Tigerrush. Yes, well, it's nice to finally meet you. I just wish it was under better circumstances. After what happened... " His voice trailed off slowly, white whiskers giving a considering twitch. He wondered how the she-cat was doing - the one he deemed unpredictable, rightly so.

Standing in a way not to seem like he was crowding her, the last thing he wanted to do was appear threatening. He cast a large shadow over her smaller one, and allowed her closer while taking a couple steps back. Her explanation harkened him back to his late apprenticeship - every word laden in medicinal explanation, beautifully clinical, informative - and he suspected she was younger than him too. Whoever taught her should be commended.

Yet when her recitation turned to lines of questioning, he felt the hopeful, eager willingness to express himself more to her begin to close. A bit more guarded, his words were offered softly, slowly. How dare she try in insinuate that he wasn't a medicine cat himself - Did she suspect he didn't check on his patient and friend? Ears flirting onto his skull, he replied.

"Recently, yes. They are fine, and will do well with steadfast proper meals. It's been so wet that it's been difficult to properly dry herbs, let alone store them in a place where they won't get ruined. It must be nice to have a proper den, and a sick den, for yourself."

He wanted to try and steer away the conversation from the queen, to one of her patients. Kosmo was careful, and respected the boundaries that Belladonna kept. They did not trust the cats of the clans, let alone want to meet them. Kosmo, however, wanted to learn more about these cats, so he mewed.

"I hope the she-cat warrior is well and back to her regular duties?".

This post was modified 2 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Tigerrush's eyes narrowed ever so slightly when he mentioned finally meeting her. How did he know of her? Did Wrentalon or Sunstike mention her to him? If they did, that was interesting and she admitted to being curious what would have been said about her.

She noted the tom position himself so he wasn't crowding her, yet stayed closed to speak with her and her ears twitched uneasily when he became more guarded as she expressed concern and she saw him flattened his ears. Her head tilted, puzzled, but listened to his words closely to see if she could make out what she had said to upset him.

"Forgive me if you thought me disrespectful." Tigerrush mewed cautiously, her tone honest and her word carefully chosen. "I was not trying to tread on your tail." She thought of the best way to describe why she had asked of their condition and felt her brown striped fur prickle slightly for a moment before she reached over to smooth the tail on her fur. "While kitty pets have their twolegs to keep them in health and the clans have medicine cats, many loners seem to lack the knowledge of herbs in both their uses and their storage. One who does have the knowlegde can explain how something looks or what it may smell like so it can be sought for and gathered. I merely assumed that was the case with you."

Inwardly scolding herself for fidgeting, she straightened up and curled her tail around her paws before attempting to lock her green gaze with the tom. "However, seeing your response, I am wrong in my assumption. For that, I do apologize. I was and am only concerned for your companion and her kits."

There. She offered her apology, hopefully explained herself satisfactorily and hopefully smoothed the ruffled pelt of the tom. Now to see how he would take it.

His question didn't come as a surprise, only confirmed that he was indeed the rogue that Wrentalon and Sunstrike had spoken of. Her expression remained serenely neutral. "There was no lasting damage. It was a well-thought warning nip. My guess is they tried starting a fight?"

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Stiff legged as he watched the thunderclan cat, Kosmo had to actively calm himself down. Imagining the scent of poppy capturing his nostrils, or the flowery catmint that he had stolen from thunderclan lands before. A part of why the tom was so calm despite his nurtured bitterness about the clans was his use, and she might even say, reliance to the herbs he used. It kept his mind clear, and his claws sheathed - allowing him the oppertunity to view these cats as merely creatures inhabiting this forest instead of generational adversaries.

"Yes, well, I suppose I should apologize as well. I shouldn't be so against what would be a natural line of questioning. She doesn't share my amiability towards the clans as I do, and she's very protective of them. Sometimes I suspect she's a fiercer fighter than I - and certainly suspicious of your kin and of other cats in general." She had endured much in her life, and while he would never consider comparing the two of them, she had her own fair share of hardship when it came to the two-legged creatures who had once kept her.

"I may not have a sick den, but I have a few, small dry stores here and there, and while I'm...local, they've seen some use. You mentioned dandelion and caraway - Yes, I may have some seeds left. Dandelion is, at least, plentiful this time of year." He mused, his self soothing measures had some effect on the tom, limsb more loose and his half-tail slightly lifted. Hackles smoothed and ears attentive, his odd eyes blinked towards her with a nod.

"They were following the code, but, similarly, broke it. Their ignorance and eagerness for violence condemned them to strike at a medicine cat. I would not be the cat to punish them, but..." His eyes drifted to the murk of the forest surrounding fourtrees, strangely silent as if he were listening for something, craned above. "-something will, if you have not felt it already."

He brushed passed her, eyes seeking as they shifted from shadow to shadow protectively.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Tigerrush was pleased that her words seem to have relaxed him and she felt a twinge of surprise when he made an apology of his own in return. But his own words made sense and she could understand a queen being wary of strangers and protective of her litter, especially if it was her first.

Green eyes narrowed just the merest fraction as he mentioned her brother and Sunstike breaking the warrior code. "I admit, I'm a little confused, for they have not broken any code, so why should they be punished by anyone?" Her nose twitched slightly as she took in his scent once more, just to be sure. She was completely at ease, his words having no effect on her at all as she continued.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to offend with this comment, but you are not a medicine cat. Yes, you know of herbs, but as a loner, you can be considered to be a healer of sorts." There was no jeering in her words, no maliciousness, no disrespect of any sorts in the inflection of her voice. She was simply stating what she had been taught was fact and what she knew from what her senses told her. "But you do not share dreams with Starclan."

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

There were other herbs punctuating the foliage, although Kosmo felt it would be rude to potentially harvest more in front of his guest. Not only that but he wanted to make sure the forest wouldn't be upset with taking more than he needed. Belladonna would appreciate the aide, and her kits could finally have a full meal.

Odd eyes swept over her briefly as she reasoned with herself out loud. Her confusion was expected... he didn't think he could ever be seen as an equal. The clans were rooted in uptight tradition, a shake up was just what the clans needed at the moment. Let her judge him and his motives - he had nothing to prove, nothing he could force her to see if the cat in question was blinded.

His head inched upwards, staring at the tiny fragments of light above them. "Starclan's gaze stretches far beyond Mothermouth - You do not know how far their voices whisper or guide. A rather stern assumption from one who should be open-minded." He smiled in the darkness, head shifting curiously at her own. Kosmo enjoyed carrying a mysterious aura that followed him where he went, and in the sacred land of Fourtrees, the quarter moon seemed ethereal on his pelt.

"The moon is high...I shant distract you from your mission." He mewed while turning to head towards the tunnel that dipped under the thunderpath bordering shadowclan territory. Should he need to cross, that would be the safest place. "Good night, Tigerrush."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: