0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest cat on the planet
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ❦ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

The walk had been surprisingly pleasant, chatting away as they were. The heat wasn't so extreme that their long coat held them back - their extra toes clasped lightly against the earth and grasses beneath their feet as the sway of their tail seemed a nice rythmn that perhaps Barleyswipe vibed to. It was certainly nice to get out now that the sun didn't seem so intent to keep them in their dens, and today, especially their had some half decent company.

Emberback wasn't so much for talking nowadays, and if it wasn't for inquisitive apprentices they might have well been forgotten. It was a bit lonely, adjusting to life as an elder, and they missed going out and about and generally being knowledgeable about all the goings on in their clan. Nothing could escape their eyes and ears! But here, away from everyone else, they could focus on enjoying this time.

"I'm hoping that the mice are interested in becoming an easy meal - hoping right into our jaws may seem a bit unituative on their part, though. Doesn't mean we can't be hopeful. But first... all these rocks to pick. What do you look for in a sunning rock, Brightmaple?" Their coarse voice was almost flush with interest as he bade her, their lithe, body extra bouncy. Even if their coat was a bit ragged... They should see to that after a proper rock was picked out.

Day

Who

Barleyswipe & Brightmaple

What

Some casual relationship building. Nothing to see here.

Where

Rockfields

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Brightmaple purred softly to herself as she followed Barleyswipe, pleased that their walk was pleasant and she wasn't even feeling short of breath after having been stuck in camp for so long. The sun didn't seem to be trying to burn her fur away and that meant that the rocks should be nice and warmed by now.

"The mice should hopefully be distracted trying to stuff their faces since it's a bit cooler. Should hopefully make them easier to catch." The thought was a pleasant one and one she would entertain a bit more after she had relaxed on the warmth of the rocks for a bit.

"I like a longer, thinner rock. One that I can stretch out on without worrying of hanging off." The torbie she-cat sniffed curiously at a few they went by. Too short. Too deep. Too cold. In some shade. There! That one would work! And then she did just what she said she was looking to do and stretched her forelegs out and eased both her hips and her shoulders down onto the rock, giving a soft trill of delight as the warmth soaked into her joints.

"I bet you're wondering what I wanted to speak off away from gossipping ears?"

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ❦ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

The day when mice willingly went into their salivating jaws would be the day they flew from the gorge. Badgerstar would more likely take them out of retirement to be their closest senior warrior. They gave a chuckle at her description, shaking their head with a knowing glare as they began to openly browse the open rocks. It hadn't been so long ago that Nightrain had been found here, but the young warrior was far from their mind.

"I don't mind if my paws hang off - they are rather large." They mentioned with an experimental flex, indicating that his claws didn't extend so well from their extra toes. Once Brightmaple had picked her vacation destination, they followed suit, a taller, flattened rock with an angled top. They curled onto the warm surface, sighing with a pleased chuff as their bushy tail hung off the edge. Their ears perked curiously, maybe a bit over eagerly, as she hinted about what she had said before.

Barleyswipe was certainly interested in dipping their paws into some juicy, fresh gossip - and fresh kill too if they could manage it. "And - what is it?" They couldn't hide the eagerness from their voice, even if it came out a bit gravelly. Green eyes sharp, they teased. "Is it the secret to your luxorious coat?" Even they were a bit jealous about how well they kept their long pelt. Barleyswipe half wrestled with themselves to get to the long strands barely out of their reach.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

"Oh, your paws are just fine. They suit you for you size and build." Brightmaple tsked gently, but there was no real ire in her words. As she had settled in a semi-sploot, she watched Barleyswipe do the same, the purr in her chest only strengthened. Yes, she decided. Barleyswipe would do just fine for what she wanted to discuss.

Gold eyes eyeing her companion beside her, taking in the long fur that clearly needed a little extra attention. "Actually, I have Fawnbriar to thank for my coat staying fairly well-kept. She helps me to groom on days where I'm extra stiff and sore and you're a snoring lump beside me." Again, there was no heat to her words- in fact, she seemed to be teasing them before she asked in genuine concern. "If you want, I can help you now. It can be uncomfortable if our long coats don't stay groomed."

She closed her eyes as her mind wandered to the she-cats in the clan. She understood why the sisters Shadesleek and Boulderdash might not want kits. They were still very young and fresh into their warriorhood. Truth be told, she was not confident at all about Boulderdash's ability to even being remotely able to raise a litter personally. Doveflight wasn't much older than the sisters and then there was Pinestep only a few moons older. And if Featherflight even seem the slightest bit interested in any of the toms, the warrior was good at hiding it even from her observant gaze.

It was several long moments as she opened her eyes again, enjoying the breeze and the sun before she spoke again, to break the companionable silence and look at Barleyswipe once more. "I know it was brought up before we ate, but the camp seems to be quite empty and rather quiet with the nursery empty and no kittens tumbling about. And it seems none of the other she-cats in our clan even seem to have the remote possibility to having any litters anytime soon. So it might be time we just take matters into our own paws."

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ❦ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Barleyswipe didn't snore. They didn't shake their den with each breath... The cat momenarily deflated, partly convinced that her words were harsh just because its what they've always expected from others, but this was Brightmaple...She was jesting, a light bit of banter they've always had. The apricot cat lightened up, pleased that she was willing to help him groom. No one else seemed to offer the gesture, but really, they never asked. Demanded, maybe, but to admit their own shortcomings, not even that.

"Pleasant of you to offer. I don't see why you couldn't help me out - that is, if you're still willing." They eyed her a bit dubiously, almost expecting her to back out of her offer. They couldn't help but just be a bit suspicious of all of their clan mates, but Brightmaple less so. Everything seemed so sincere when it came to her, so when she spoke again, with a spice of coyness in her voice, their ears perked.

Barleyswipe had started grooming their more accessible areas, beginning with the long flicks of their mane beneath their chin. "You're right... Ain't none seem keen to have kittens. Don't suspect Boulderdash or Shadesleek, or even Doveflight might any time soon - And Starclan forbid we find any half-descent tom. I always thought Featherflight might have had inklings towards asking Badgerstar, but he's all bluff and blunder. Or even -" They began eagerly, keen to drop names as easily as they came to mind. Nothing would stop their mental tracking, but that was dramatically put on pause as they lifted their head, cat brow arched.

"Our own paws? - You don't mean..." They bounced up, as if spooked by some unseen thing, before their wide toes gripped the edges of the rocky surface of their perch. Tail poofed to attention, the tip twitching with such intensity even Barleyswipe blinked in surprise. "You'd be willing to do that? Again? W-with me?" Dumbfounded, perhaps a bit dismayed, but only for the sheer fact of accepting never having kits themselves, kinda way. There was hope there, and perhaps, a bit of relief.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Brightmaple took a moment longer to enjoy the warmth soaking into her form before heaving herself to her paws with a soft huff of breath. She might not be as old as dear Barleyswipe, but she wasn't a young warrior anymore either. She stretched each leg to prevent any potential stiffness from forming before padding over and starting to work on grooming out the tufts of fur sticking out that her companion hadn't managed to reach.

"I would expect Fawnbriar is too busy with learning to be deputy and helping Badgerstar to try for a litter of her own." She mewed between licks, even offering a soft grooming nibble here and there. However, before she had managed to finish her task, Barleyswipe had bounced up with fur fluffed and tail twitching as they spoke up, questioning her.

"Of course I mean what I am saying. And yes, I am willing to do so and with you." She tsked softly in reply before giving another purr at the various tones of Barleyswipe's voice. She was glad to hear it and hoped that meant they would be willing to agree. "I know there's another litter left in me to raise and since none of the other she-cats are thinking of the future, some of us need to. Besides, you're a good cat and it will be a beneficial arrangement for everyone. Don't you think?"

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ❦ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Whatever did Brightmaple see in her that she'd consider having them sire kits? Never in their life did they expect fate would give them an opportunity, but they supposed... if it would make Brightmaple happy, they'd at least hear her out. The fringe of their fur settled a bit at her reassurance, and they found themselves obsessively licking at a raised shoulder.

"Some of us need to. The best of us, apparently. You've already demonstrated your superiority in that matter." There was blunt honesty in their voice. Brightmaple had been a model motherly figure to Fawnbriar, and she had been chosen as deputy. Nothing to scoff at, at all! "If you think I'm a good choice, then of course I'll help - I-I'm humbled." Their voice caught in their throat, swallowing a bit nervously.

It wasn't like they had any experience in the process, but once they settled enough, Barleyswipe began to share tongues with her to return the favor, their tail flicking over their paws as they tucked neatly in. They wondered what kinds of kits would come from them - but better still, the nursery would be filled with the patterings of little feet. That filled them with warmth, but a part of them wondered if she'd even bother to claim him as their sire.

Better enjoy it while they could, either way.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: