Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Up on Wind Hill (Private - 15FG20)

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Cloudflare kept pace with the She cat along the way. It was such a pleasant afternoon that he didn't want to rush too quickly, and paused slowed every so often to inhale the various scents of new leaf around him. He would value his pace, conserving energy enough to eventually run down his targets. Pinestep was sleek, much more suited for running than he was - although sparring, maybe he'd have an advantage.

When he spied the top of the old pine that marked their destination, he slowed to a trot, head swinging over to offer her a well earned smirk.

"We can share the fun, alright?" His ringed tail waved in the direction of the slanting pine, "They make their nest among the roots there. Last I saw there were four of them. Hmm… perhaps there can be more excitement to be had in hunting them. Would you fancy a wager, Pinestep?"

Day

Who

Pinestep and Cloudflare

What

A friendly hunt

Where

Wind Hill

This topic was modified 2 years ago 4 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

So sorry  for  the delay! Life bit me <3

I took a walk in the woods, and came out taller than the trees.
.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep trotted alongside her companion comfortably. It was a lovely day and the chance to be  outside of camp filled her with excitement. Yes, this  will be  fun! 

Turning her head as Cloudflare spoke, Pinestep's eyes lit  up as he offered up one of her favorite  things-  a challenge.  

"What did you have in mind?  I'm up for anything!"

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

How refreshing it was to share his enthusiasm! He enjoyed watching the earth bloom in new leaf, and that pleasure was only enhanced at the increased running of prey. Every season he watched these creatures raise kits of their own which would eventually become more food to continue the cycle.

Starclan spoke of thrift and how important it was for the preservation of the forest. He didn't aim to slaughter the whole family - he wanted one to survive, run off somewhere else to seek its fortune. More bellies to fill later on in life, and yet there was no guarentee the surviver would, well... survive. Still, would make for a carefree challenge with Pinestep. A little thrift, and hopefully, a lot of fun.

"So, I was thinking: there are four vole. The first cat who catches two of them wins - with the added restraint of letting one get away to avoid straining the prey numbers." His tail gave a pompous little wave as he eyed her, smiling all the same. "Do those terms sound acceptable?"

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

"Oh ho!" Pinestep crouched playfully "That sounds like a wonderful challenge! I accept."

Without another word, Pinestep quietly moved closer to where the voles' scent was coming from. She hadn't sensed any movement yet, but that didn't mean the vole weren't present. It was daytime after all and the small animals were most likely tucked away and sleeping in their den. 

Watching closely, Pinestep waited for movement, trying her best to keep her own body still. She was so excited! It had been a long time sense she had a challenge and it was all she could do to not constantly peek at Cloudflare to see if he'd spotted anything. 

There!

A bit of movement had caught her eye and Pinestep could see one of the voles cautiously peaking it's head around a nearby rock. A bit of grass was hanging precariously from it's mouth. It must be working on it's nest....

With soft pawsteps, Pinestep moved downwind of the vole with the intention of circling around behind it. She was sure Cloudflare would notice her move, she just hoped she could get to the vole fist. 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

His purr was a laugh, a deep rumble in his chest as he rose, pleased at her enthusiasm. And it was contagious. Cloudflare bent into an easy stalk as he stepped forward, the tip of his tail twitching with the thrill of the hunt. Out of all his clanmates, he knew Pinestep would appreciate his hard earned vigilance on these rodents - knowing there was numbers brought sport, in which he was keen to share.

Peering through the grass, the stockier tom made his way closer to the scent, before he noticed movement out of the corner of his eyes. It was not a vole, but rather Pinestep as she must have spotted one first. He was quick to react, carefully veering to the opposite side, effectively flanking it as he stalked close...

But it wasn't her quarry that stuck on him - it was the second scuttle of another, smaller vole a foxlength away from the other, scrapping at the dirt. Knocking heads with the she-cat in metaphorical - and in a very literal way - was a sure way to sour his hunt, so he kept to his target. Closer now... a bit closer.

Timing had to be perfect, especially since he hunted with another. When Cloudflare sprung forward, his frontward body surged with initial speed before buffeting the creature with armed paws, swatting it down with the initial leap before finalizing the kill with a single bite.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep almost cursed when Cloudflare moved. He most certainly had gotten one and would most likely get his paws on her prey before she even got the chance!  

Thankfully, Starclan seemed to be on her side as not one, but two of the voles dashed towards her in an attempt to get away from the attack on their flank. 

This is it!

The thought was fleeting as Pinestep launched off her haunches, landing upon the two voles with a slight hiss. Her front paws smacked down hard on the vole closest to her and she snapped her jaws down on it's neck in a quick killing motion before turning her attention to the second vole. It was quickly getting away, but it seemed slower. 

She must have hit it enough to stun. 

Skittering after the injured vole Pinestep allowed her eyes to drift for a moment to see what Cloudflare would do. Does he have a second one there??

She wasn't about to lose! 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Thrill was thick in the air as adrenaline pumped through his veins. This wasn't just another hunt, this was challenge he had cultivated for nearly a moon and finally coming to fuition!

Pinestep was swift, but he was determined not to let her win - at least not so easily! With some amount of effort, he twisted his body, changing the trajectory of his muscular frame so as not to slam into his opponent. Narrowly avoiding a collision, he watched, wide eyed as the she-cat bore down on the two vole, ending ones life as swiftly as she pounced.

The other was escaping, a lame little gallop as Pinestep's swipe had momentarily slowed its speed. Now was his chance! Paws hoisting his frame into a blur of flaming motion, he ran parallel to her before his back legs pushed forward-

A single paw smacked the fleeing creature against the ground, bouncing its little body barely out of reach of the tom... A barely contained curse rushed through his maw, a heavy exhalation as his eyes flicked towards the she-cat. 

No doubt victory was still in his paws.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

"Oh no you don't!" Pinestep hissed through her teeth as Cloudflare lunged forward towards the injured vole. It was only a moment before he had successfully landed a blow, tossing the mouse into the air as he did. 

This was her chance! 

With a quick burst of speed, Pinestep's lithe body flew through the air in an arch and she twisted to get her paw in front of Cloudflare's advancement. Even if his fangs bit down on her leg, she was going to get that kill. Luckily, she caught the vole with her claws and sent it flying-but it wasn't dead yet. Resilient little thing...if it hadn't been for the fact that she slide across the dirt when landing, Pinestep might have already had her paws on the creature. 

Without a second thought, Pinestep dug her claws into the ground and changed her direction in an attempt to get back to the kill before Cloudflare could snag it. 

It was going to be close. 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Back legs pushing him forward, the stocky tom caught his stride. His eyes caught the brief sailing of her body as she snagged the vole, effectively clubbing it once more, before she hit the ground, frustratingly voleless.

But her missed oppertunity gave him another chance. He had little right to outspeed her, but since he was already closer to the ground, he managed to swivel himself, kicking himself to the side where the vole had bounced, tiny legs kicking fruitlessly in the air as it landed on its back - horribly twisted and battered, no doubt. Cloudflare hoped to put the creature out of its misery soon.

A second was all the he needed to dive towards the vole and land it soundly between his two paws, slapping them together with a thud, and brought his maw over the vole's neck. There was hardly a sound to the animal's death knell, muffled in the jaws of the cat who had - with great effort - claimed the kill.

When Cloudflare looked up, he panted a half purr. "You nearly had me...there." He wasn't sure why the hunt had taxed him the way it did - perhaps it was the added spice of adrenaline. It had been a very close call, indeed.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Heart racing and tail thrashing back and forth, Pinestep let herself laugh out loud. Now that the hunt was completed the need for stealth had passed. 

"That was amazing!" She crowed "The way we tossed that poor vole back and forth I had no idea who would actually emerge victorious!"

Although her breath was steady, Pinestep couldn't help but feel wobbly on her feet from the pure rush of it all. It had been too long since she'd had this much excitement in her life! Stepping forward, the WindClan warrior solemnly placed her tail on the tom before her and threw him a playful smile. 

"Well done, Cloudflare. You are the victor in this challenge! Thank you again for inviting me, this had been great fun and now the clan has more vole for the freshkill pile!"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

An ear flicked towards the sound of fleeing footfalls, a final skitter before the silence. It was a blessing to know that there would be more where that came from. Personally, he was pleased at his victory, but in the end, it only mattered that they brought something back. And had fun.

"I'm just glad we didn't knock into each other in the process. That could have ended in disaster! We would have only caught each other. " His low voice carried the warmth of his purr, and watched at her demeanor shifted, only temporarily to announce his triumph. He felt the tickle of her tail, and his expression softened.

"Couldn't have done it without you. I'll keep that in mind, Pinestep - Who knows, maybe you'll win one some day." The length of his tail stretched over and brushed along her flank in an equally impish tone, muscles bunched and ready to spring... just in case she spared a wayward swat at him.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

[[OOC: I'm taking a smidge of story liberty here, but since Pinestep didn't go to the gathering I imagine she would have drilled her sister for details and this could be an interesting way for character bonding: BFF style!]]

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Pinestep laughed and swiped a paw at Cloudflare playfully before leaping away and landing into a quick crouch. "Oh ho! Those are fighting words my friend! Don't tease me  or I might just show you up."

Thinking about how Cloudflare had touched her with his tail earlier, Pinestep paused for a second. Raising from her crouched position the she-cat allowed her head to lilt to one side, voicing her curiosity. 

"Hey, now that I think about it I have a question for you, Cloudflare?" Pinestep motioned with one paw towards the tom cat. "You always tend to be a big tease, but Rowanglade told me she noticed you were a bit...mmm what's the right word? Off? At the gathering yesterday." Green eyes glowing with curiosity, Pinestep inched closer as she spoke. 

"What was up with that?" 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

With a languid sort of chuckle, Cloudflare was poised to dodge as her paw came at him, knowing he had instigated her by his light goading. He was prepared to offer her a redemption spar for the loss, but as soon as she lifted herself from her crouch, his head tilted, echoing her curiosity at the sudden tonal shift.

"Ask away." He mewed, delicately lowering himself onto his thick haunches as he prepared to hear the extent of her query. A smile rose to his lips, eyes half lidding with humor at the beginning of her breath. It was if his eyes said; a tease, him? But as she continued, his expression morphed from one of playfulness to something a bit more muted, more unreadable.

A bark of cursory laughter escaped him. "Off? Why would she say that?" But this wasn't a question that could be so easily laughed off - not when Pinestep - Pinestep! - was interrogating him, and closing in on the distance. He attempted to distract himself with an itch on his cheek, and slid back so his back leg could swipe at the offender.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

"Oh don't play coy with me, Couldflare!" Pinestep mewed loudly and plopped down beside the tom cat, swiping at him with her paw. "If Rowanglade said something was off I believe her. AND she didn't give me specifics so..." she eyed him with slitted green eyes. 

"Someone needs to tell me what's going on! Did you hear some juicy gossip?"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Cloudflare chuckled, half ducking from her swipe, but still caught the brunt of her playful paw. My she was being persistent, but at least she didn't seem any wiser to what might have actually transpired at that gathering. "You're really pulling my tail on this, aren't you?" A teasing sort of growl lifted from his lips before he assumed theg confident slouch that he might have been known for.

"I'll have you know it was only a tad juicy, for what it's worth." The flare of his copper eyes stared her down, tempting challenge. If she wanted the "full" details, she might have to pin him for it. "It helps to introduce yourself to other clan cats, is all I'm saying.

...For now."

The tip of his ginger tail lashed, drumming her side as they settled close. Honestly, how could she resist him?

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

"Pah!" Pinestep rolled her eyes at Cloudflare's sassy attitude and snide comments. "OF COURSE I'm pulling your tail, you mouse brain! It's not like I got chosen to go to the Gathering after all." Not that she was bitter or anything, but the WindClan warrior was a bit chuffed that she'd missed out on all the fun. The least he could do was give her the details. 

Rolling over onto her back, Pinestep swiped a paw at the sky and cast a sideways glare at Cloudflare's tail. "Stop swiping that at me at just spill the beans before I loose my brain to the mice as well!"

There was no skirting around the bush with Cloudflare, if you didn't get to the point he'd drag you around through dandelion fluff all day. Pinestep chuckled lightly to herself but kept her green eyes serious, waiting for her companion to get on with it. 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

What did she expect him to say? That he reunited with a mysterious, beautiful she-cat that he had first met while he, HE, bumbled about the Thunderpath after a Starclan-damned chipmunk?! And lost that chipmunk to her, not that he cared much at that point... Shaking his head free of the flies that buzzed around in his head, he chuckled with a dramatic flair of his whiskers.

"Fine, fine. I made the acquaintance of a Shadowclan cat at the Gathering. Sitting all alone like a cotton-headed mousebrain when everyone else was crossing clans. Turns out that mousebrain is Palestar's sister. Palestars! Seemed talkative enough, maybe she'll spill some delicate information about their clan's goings on - or else some juicy tidbits about Palestar herself. Could you imagine?"

With a paw slap against the ground in good humor, his bright copper hued eyes caught her own, but with a shrug, he continued. "Who knows how long that will last. Its not like we can coordinate when we'd be at Gatherings so I can listen to her big mouth. Other than that, the leaders didn't have much to report. Other than Palestar and her warriors taking out a family of weasel."

His heart crested high in his chest, a little pained throb at having to make such flippant remarks about the she-cat who he had little intention of taking advantage of. But it was necessary to remain neutral - even cruelly callous. "Like I said, not very interesting. Sorry to disappoint you."

Forgive me, Clovershine.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

.....⊱🌲⊰.....

Listening with rapt attention, Pinestep was taking in the details of what Cloudflare highlighted from the Gathering. Based on what she was hearing, it truly didn't seem like all that much had happened outside of the ordinary. 

So she sighed, hopped to her feet, and looked down at her companion with a smile. 

"Well alright, you pass. That sounds like a typical Cloudflare outing, so thank you for talking with me about it! I always hate missing out on those things you know."

Her voice took on a pouty tone and Pinestep flicked her tail back and forth in aggravation. "Just know that next time, when I get to go and you don't, you'll have to BEG for the details!"

With a chuckle, Pinestep tipped her head back in the direction of camp. 

"Now come on, why don't we get this prey back to camp before we're missed!"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Leave it to Pinestep to keep him on edge. He should have known that Rowanglade, ever watchful in here observative ways, would notice something was amiss with the tom, but the fact that his behavior was natural and expected in a weird way was to his advantage.

"I know, I shouldn't have kept it from you like I had. You know I can't resist a game. Thanks again for coming with me to get these pesky vole. Three will be plenty to bring back. Maybe Skyeyes and her kits would appriciate the meal - and the story of how we both got them."

With a solemn nod, the tomcat acknowledged the warning. Begging wouldn't be too bad after the antisipation he put her through. There was no holding back a curious she-cat, after all. Rising to his feet, he padded to the stock of prey and pitched his jaws over two of the smaller vole, carrying both at once with an amuseing mouthful of fur and fluff, and gave a hearty purr.

"Lef's grr!" Ears flicking towards the direction of camp, he was happy to follow Pinestep as they both headed back to camp to despoit their treasured caches.

[THREAD END]

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: