Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread Just a Harmless Prank (17FF20)

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong's breath seethed slowly from his maw, eyes closed as he bent over, dutifully finding some time to stretch his sore muscles. Despite the fact that he wasn't accomplishing a warrior's workload, it was good to keep himself somewhat limber at least to the point where he wasn't in constant pain.

Once he was finished, while satisfied, felt a bit dozy and decided to take a quick nap .Padding a bit awkwardly to the Elder's Den and over to his nest, he flopped down onto his side. Rather immediately he jolted up, half catching himself on his twisted paw with a yowl of surprise and pain.

Fox-dung! What was that?!

Bravesong peered into his bedding, but was distracted by a stinging pain in his side between the scruff of his neck and his shoulder. He could feel it moving with his pelt, and with a huff tried to stretch himself to inspect what was imbedded into his pelt. Felt like a thorn, and its stabbing reminder caused his scarred face to wince. Try as he may he couldn't reach the offending bramble, and with a sigh, limped out of the den.

Last time he checked there wasn't a thorn in his bedding... Someone must have stashed it within the moss. With a glum sort of grumble, the tuxedo patterned tom crossed camp to the entrance of the medicine cats den, hoping Tigerrush was within.

Day

Who

Bravesong, Tigerrush, maybe Brindlepaw, anyone else is welcome!

What

Bravesong got pranked, bro

Where

Around camp; Elder's Den then Medicine Cat's Den

This topic was modified 7 months ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Tigerrush had finished most of her morning's chores, which had included gathering some fresh rosemary, marigold and water dock, as was the norm for her at this time of year. She hadn't quite gotten around to putting them out to dry nor grabbing fresh-kill yet, having chosen instead to get a quick bath in to clean the dirt and sap from her fur. She was currently in the process of finishing up said bath, her back to the entrance of her den with a hind leg lifted to her mouth so she could delicately nibble the drying mud from between her spread toes and extended claws. Delicate little nibbles, spitting the bits of dirt from her mouth as she went. If whoever entered her den listened closely as they did so, they'd hear a soft purr of contentment vibrating softly through her petite, brown striped form.

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Immediately hit with the fresh scent of gathered herbs, the tom found comfort in his surroundings. He had spent a great deal of time in this den since his decommissioning, and while his memories pricked with the recollection of fire and darkness, he knew he wouldn't have gotten through it without the medicine cats. Speaking of which he spied her deeper in the den, ridding herself of the days fruitful venture. Bravesong's single eye lit up with warmth as he took in her comforting smell. "What an impressive haul of herbs, Tigerrush. Starclan has indeed blessed us with Newleaf's bounty."

His usual voice didn't carry the same timbur as he was constantly reminded of the thorn, but wanted to be friendly and respectful none the less. He wanted nothing more than to invite her to share prey with him, but knew he had to rid himself of this thing as soon as possible. "Would you do me a favor? I landed oddly on my nest and found a bramble. Sharp thing, it is. Could you pluck it from me... " A more limber cat would have little trouble in reaching and trying themselves, and while Bravesong did try, he was reminded of his limitations and couldn't. His nose scrunched slightly at the tiniest hint of blood-smell on his back and hoped it wasn't bad.

This post was modified 9 months ago 5 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

She didn't jump from being startled, but Tigerrush's ears twisted back to take in the voice of her visitor as she spit out the last bit of dirt in her mouth. Content with the current state of her paw, she lowered it and finished her bath before turning to Bravesong. As with the rest of her clan, she had learned her clanmate's voices and noted the off-tone of the young elder as he praised her bounty of the day. "Starclan was good to me in letting me find these today." She mewed softly, green eyes moving swiftly over the tom as she took a precursory glance over Bravesong.

As she listened, her eyes darkened a little in concern. "Of course! I'll also make sure to have a word with Moosestar and Mistyleaf to make sure the apprentices are learning to properly bring in fresh bedding when I get done."

With calm steps, the little brown tabby made her way over and began sniffing over Bravesong's form to make sure that was the only fresh issue to be taken into account. Satisfied for the time being and taking note of the slight metallic tang in his fur. 

"Go ahead and stretch out so I can reach it better." She might be the medicine cat and full grown, but Tigerrush was still small girl and pretty much everyone else was taller than her. As he settled more comfortably, she began to gently nose the area between his scruff and shoulder, lapping gently as she tested to see where the thorn was. Aha! There is was!

Using her small front teeth, she gently gripped the thorn and gave a small but sharp tug. It gave way easily and her eyes glowed with satisfaction. Turning to spit on a leaf so she could dispose of it properly later, she rasped her tongue soothingly over the spot a few times, making sure it didn't bleed any further. "It didn't look big or deep and I gave it a good cleaning..... but if you want to be extra careful, I can put some marigold on it for you."

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Bravesong hoped that Brindlepaw and Dovepaw wouldn't be reprimanded harshly for their lack of awareness in replacing the bedding and the black and white tom didn't want to think that either of them did so maliciously. Hopefully they would remember next time, or maybe it'd just be more prudent to check his own nest before resigning to it.

He did as she bade, his smile faltering once she found the place where the thron had lodged itself. Wincing briefly as teeth clsoed in on it - then a tug, and relief! His throat creased with a soft purr as he felt her tongue exfoliate the area, before his ears turned towards her, shoulders sagging as his discomfort abated.

Bravesong offered her a small smile, whiskers twitching with amusement at her suggestion. "I don't think that's necessary. Keep the marigold for someone who really needs it. Not to say I don't appreciate the offer, though!" He added quickly, the tip of his tail giving an appologetic twitch.

"You're doing a good job, you know... I can understand if there are certain... pressures holding you back. Or your own voice in your head that tries to put you down." He purred, an odd look in his eye as his front paws shuffled with a touch of embarrassment, hoping she'd understand.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

"Very well! If you don't want any marigold juice applied, then as your medicine cat, I say you're all good to go when you're ready!" She mewed, even as she watched his tail twitch lightly. As she went to tuck the leaf back with the rest of the refuse to be discarded later, Tigerrush listened as Bravesong spoke up again. His words made her pelt feel rather warm, even if his words hadn't meant to do so. Had her unease of spirit recently been that obvious? She thought she had done a good job disguising the negativity that she felt.

"Well, thank you. Brightflower was a good mentor and I'm glad I was able to learn as much as I was able to from her. And thankfully, there are still other medicine cats I can speak with if the need arises." Her words and voice were honest, even if a tad surprised, as her patient shuffled his paws before the tone grew serious and she locked her green eyes with Bravesong's single hazel. 

"Just remember that even if you are a young elder, it doesn't mean you are useless. Your skills and  unique knowledge and perspective of things are still an asset to the clan as well."

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

The wound was superficial at best and he was honestly already feeling better due to her intervention. He didn't think marigold juice would need to be applied, but he wasn't a medicine cat. Even if his lack of warrior status brought a new found appreciation for her art. An art that was once Brightflowers.

"That's always brought a unique aspect to medicine cats, knowing that you have other medicine cats to call on should the need be dire enough." A clan meant being more than the individual, after all, but for medicine cats, they had a little more help in that department.

Her reassurance brought a purr to his lips, a soft kindling of heat that resonated from his throat. Once, perhaps, he would have bitterly scoffed at her words, but now he appreciated her kindness. "And I know all the best sunning spots." He added with a grandiose notion of his tail in an arcing sweep. "Thanks, Tigerrush. And you're always welcome to join me."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: