0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Both front paws stretched out wide in front of him, patting the ground as he stepped out of the warriors den. This morning's sleep had been punctuated by being up early for dawn patrol, but after a quick nap, he was ready to meet the day head on, which included the heat.

Sunhigh probably wasn't the best time to go hunting in green-leaf, but there had been hotter days. The sun, while it punctured through the clouds a day before now seemed partially hidden behind the clouds. His ears perked at the thought of spicing up his day with a bit of mentoring - Starclan, he hoped that Brightpaw didn't think he had forgotten him after these few days of leniency, but he hoped that his usual apprentice tasks of seeing to the elders and checking over camp structures hadn't been neglected.

Lifting his head, Cloudflare's copper eyes scanned camp, looking for Brightpaw, and meticulously seemed to half circle the camp in doing so.

Day

Who

Brightpaw & Cloudflare, and whoever wants to pipe in

What

Relationship building leading to a training thread of some kind. Probably hunting!

Where

Windclan camp clearing

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

The sunlight shining through the canopy has created dappled spots of pure warmth and when paired with the heat, it had made for an intoxicating pairing that Brightpaw was unable to resist. He is sprawled out on his back with his white belly up to absorb some of those delicious photons. His front legs are stretched above his head while his tail curls to the side. He hadn't ignored his duties, okay well he had been slacking but he hadn't completely ignored them. They were just taking longer to be finished as he would often intersperse naps during and between them. His duties were important and he needed to get them done if he wanted to be a warrior, he knew this, but summery temperatures lulling him to sleep, he figured it would be easier to work well rested rather than tired. Cloudflare had been busy doing important warrior things, leaving Brightpaw stuck with the lame tasks of making sure the dens were in good shape and the elders were comfortable. It wasn't really time sensitive or important in his mind. So he slept in those seductive patches of sunlight without a care in the world or a concern for his duties, oblivious that his keen mentor searching for him at that very moment. 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

During Cloudflare's search he couldn't help but notice the enticing sunbeams streaming through the canopy. He acknowledge the possibilities of a nap and some relaxation, and if he didn't have a little ward under his paw he might have been seduced as well, but he refrained. There would always be some time for leisure after work was to be done. He didn't have to look long before he spotted Brightpaw lounging in the sun, belly exposed and looking quiet pleased with himself.

An ear flick was the only indication of his disapproval, but another thought flickered through his copper eyes as he began to creep up on the young tom. Tiptoing on silent paws, the warrior approached Brightpaw in his doze, before he gave his best Badgerstar impression roused from his throat. "Brightpaw! What in Starclan are you doing!?" His gravely voice was perhaps a bit exaggerated, but in the end he couldn't help but chuckle.

Surely that would catch the apprentice on his paws. His eyes were light, if not a bit firm as he tried his best to be the authoritative figure he should be in this moment. "Nah, it's just me. Cloudflare, your mentor. Whose hoped you've at least changed out the elder's moss and left them with fresh nest before snoozing in the sun."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

The initial impression of Badgerstar activated the prey instincts in the small predator, causing Brightpaw the scramble to attention. This was it, this was going to be the end of his life. No, it would be even worse than death. No warriorship, tossed out of his clan to wander the wilderness. Maybe he was overexaggerating and being dramatic but the clan leader genuinely intimidated the poor apprentice, to say the least. 

Now properly up on all four paws, legs slightly splayed out to the sides, he comes face to face not with Badgerstar but with Cloudflare. The adrenaline from the scare drains out of his body now replaced with a simultaneous mix of relief and exasperation. His posture relaxes in the presence of his half-sibling as he exhales, content now that he knew his life was not over.

"I did! I swear I did!" The tabby's response comes off as defensive but it is unintentional, likely from any residual nerves left from his mentor's prank. "There's just only so many times I can do it before they get grouchy and growl at me for being a nuisance. I figured lounging around would be more productive than getting swatted at." 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Amusement vibrated from his throat in a hearty purr. Surely Badgerstar could intimidate any apprentice in Windclan - he was a no-nonsense sort of tom, to be sure, but if he trusted Cloudflare enough with an apprentice he couldn't be all bad. He had good taste, at least.

Poor Brightpaw had been completely blindsided by his half-sibling, but Cloudflare wouldn't be too hard on him. His lax sort of teaching style had been efficient so far - an overworked, exhausted apprentice would be no good to their clan - but still, he knew today would be a good time for a more paws-on approach.

Dipping his head down so that he'd be more level with him, Cloudflare winked. "Oh, I think Barleyswipe would definitely try to take a swipe at you if you were bothering them. Brightmaple and Emberback, though, hopefully afford you some grace. Let's get you out and about - time for some learning! I hope you got a good rest, you'll be needing it."

Cloudflare looked him over, half circling while the tip of his tail waved with leisure. Few things upset the tomcat, and he was looking forward to taking Brightpaw out. "Have you had anything to eat today?"

This post was modified 1 month ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

paratoxin
(@paratoxin)
Player

Brightpaw can't help but let out a huff of repressed amusement at Cloudflare's words, the fur around his eyes crinkling as he can't help but grin. "Do you think that's how they got that name? That they were prone to swipe? I don't exactly feel quite like experimenting and putting it to the test though. I prefer being scratch free, thank you very much." His tone shifts to that of playfully stern, clearly mimicking that warriors usually take on when lecturing. 

"Learning out on the field? I'd love to finally actually do something!" That statement certainly catches his attention enough to motivate him to stretch his legs out, muscles shaking from the tension before being released. His tail lashes as excitement starts to flush out any remaining sleepiness in his body. "Well now I'm intimidated. Should I try and get some more sleep to make sure I am ready for whatever you're about to throw at me?"

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Cloudflare lowered himself on his back feet, sitting on his paws as he chuckled lightly. "It makes sense. Probably swiping at our father." He was somewhat aware of the history between them, having once been close friends before warriorhood branched them onto different paths. Still, he wouldn't so easily gossip about the old cat as they were obviously prone to.

He shook his head, his tail waving over the apprentice. "I knew you'd be excited. Looks like you're ready to go to me. I figured with that energy we could try hunting something a bit slippery - a hare, maybe? Figuratively, of course. They aren't a fish, but they are clever and swift and can out maneuver a clumsy cat." Clearing his thought, he wondered if Brightpaw might have connected any dots. Cloudflare was aware he wasn't the best hunter when it came to running something down - his stocky frame was more suited to quick bursts of speed than a drawn out chase.

"Alright, alright, Brightpaw. Let's head out!" With a purr, the tom stood on huis feet and turned, tail wagging with interest to motion the apprentice to his side. He could almost taste victory on his tongue, any shortcomings temporarily forgotten by his half-brother's estatic vibe. Seemed like it was contagious, and moved his way out of camp and into the great known of their vast, sprawling moorlands.

(OOC: Seems like we can transition into the hunting thread proper)

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: