Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Ride On, My Gallant Huntsmen (3FG)

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@airjordanz)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Who: Badgerstar & Any WindClanners

What: Patrolling the Moors for prey

When: Early morning of the 9th of First Green, 2020

Where: The Plateau (Moorland of WC)

Badgerstar padded onto the crest of the hill as he had many times in his life. It was, however, only one of a few times he'd done it since being named leader and having his nine lives bestowed upon him. The tom hadn't even truly had time to lose one or get into any major conflicts since Honeystar's demise. A breath left his chest. None of that was good to think about when there were cats tailing him to their central meeting point for the hunt.

The idea was to get far enough from camp that prey would run fearlessly, but close enough that they could find their way back easily. Not that any of that was an issue. They were all born and bred WindClan. It'd be rather embarrassing if any of them got lost. Nonetheless, they would each do their best to catch something and return to this spot for the journey back. Badgerstar turned his head to look over his shoulder at the assortment of cats with him.

"I don't need to explain how to hunt, do I? We can split into pairs for chasing rabbits, but I'm sure there has to be a mouse or two hiding in the grasses. If there's any questions or concerns, seek me out or speak now."

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

Shadesleek was wide-awake ready. Ready to run, ready to hunt, ready for whatever. Did Badgerstar need to explain how to hunt? Hah! Like he hadn't just named a whole batch of new warriors with Shadesleek and her siblings last moon.

"If you had to explain, we'd be in trouble," she laughed, and then made her demeanor serious. "But I do have a question..." The black cat's posture became jovial once again. "What's the biggest thing you've ever caught?"

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Love is just a cloudy sky as far as I can see
⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Cloudflare was one of the cats that had followed Badgerstar onto the moors, quite eager to stretch his legs despite his general lack of leggyness on his part and not entirely "built" to chase down hares. Endurance would triumph today, and with a determined trot, paused near his leader as he turned to address those who had gathered.

Splitting into pairs, huh? Cloudflare flashed a small smile towards Shadesleek as she spoke, wondering if anyone would approach him to be his partner - if not, he wouldn't mind asking Boulderstar himself if he wouldn't mind hunting with him. He never really got much of a chance to get to know their leader, perhaps now would be a good chance.

"I want to say - Badger." He replied simply with a wry flick of his upwards flagged tail.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@airjordanz)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Badgerstar kept his gaze upon the group of cats arriving alongside him for the hunt. No cat enjoyed getting up this early in the day, especially not with the chill still biting somewhat. It would take time for things to get to the heat of greenleaf, so he would enjoy things for now. Shadesleek made a comment that might've made him laugh if not for his self-control.

If he had to explain to warriors, then it would be the end of WindClan. Still, he wanted to reference the skills of his cats. When the she-cat made her tone more serious, he assumed there would be an actual question. Then Cloudflare answered it before he could shut down the jovial inquiry. He wanted to roll his eyes. Was it the name? He wanted to believe it was related to skill, but he didn't like tall tales or rumors. "I don't think I recall bringing a badger back. But I, alongside other cats, have surprised a few bigger catches-- hares, hawks, those kinds of things. It takes coordination and anticipation of what your prey will do."

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

A badger? Shadesleek kept herself from giving an incredulous snort at Cloudflare. Imagine if cats could bring in badgers. From what she knew of them, it'd probably take a whole Clan.

"Hm, so normal stuff," Shadesleek mused after Badgerstar gave his answer. She didn't know what she'd been expecting, but hawks and hares weren't as exciting.

"And everything already takes coordination and anticipation," she meowed. This felt like a lesson but she wasn't learning anything new. "But I guess you need more of it hunting the same target with someone else." 

Wasn't that just common sense though?

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

It would be a feat, next to a miracle, indeed for a clan to get together and coordinate an effort enough to bring down a badger. Starclan preserve them if any such creature made a menace of themselves in their territory. With a small smirk, Cloudflare joined in on the lecture, his input light and eager on his lips as he thought of bringing down the hares in pairs.

"Teamwork is the name of the game. If hunting wasn't already serious business." Imitating a rather stoic nod, the tom's tail began to curl over his paws as he sat. "So, who wants to be my partner?" His shoulders rocked with anticipation, even if he'd never admit that hunting rabbits wasn't his favorite prey.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@airjordanz)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Badgerstar wasn't one for outlandish rumors, which prompted him to give a mundane response. If cats assumed he battled badgers alone, they would be dead wrong. "Yes. Nothing too difficult with skilled paws."

When Shadesleek made her comment about the nature of hunting and Clan life, Badgerstar gave her a flat expression. "Exactly. In any case, since there is an odd number of us, I think Shadesleek and I can partner with you, Cloudflare. There's a certain spot with two burrows very close by where extra paws would be very helpful."

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"What kind of burrows and do you know what's in 'em?" Shadesleek asked in the same way her mentor would quiz her. Two burrows could hold a lot of prey and the moors had a lot of things that used them, in her opinion. When Shadesleek thought of burrows, she thought of shrews and chipmunks and smaller prey like that, but rabbit warrens would be a good find too.

"Y'know, for the sake of preparation," she meowed. "Or should it stay a surprise?"

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

Cloudflare nodded towards Badgerstar at the mention of skilled paws. An entire clan might be able to bring down a great foe, but alone they hadn't a miracle. It made sense that both cats would be his partner too, and nodded agreeably at the notion. "I'm looking forward to it. And Shadesleek brings up a good point - best to leave nothing to chance. Although...judging by the scent, probably rabbit, most likely." He had taken a long inhale, tasting the air - and in the air, it was faint. Wherever these warrens were, they might be close by.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

(@airjordanz)
Departed Game
Topic starter  

Badgerstar was glad that, at the very least, Cloudflare wasn't caught up on semantics or stories about fighting badgers. He was reasonable and on-task. At Shadesleek's question, however, he flicked his ear. "Burrows, warrens... they're both holes in the ground. But I did mean warren entrances. I noticed they popped up rather recently, too."

When Cloudflare reported the scent, Badgerstar seemed pleased. "Good scenting. I doubt a fox could fit into a newly-dug warren, but there are always odd chances of that or adders."

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player

"Adders? Ick," Shadesleek meowed with mock disgust, although she now wondered what they might taste like. She knew the bites of some wouldn't always kill a cat, but she'd still rather not have to deal with them to find out. "Rabbits would be loads better. Think there'll be kits?"

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

⤝ ⥈ ⥈ ☁ ⥈ ⥈ ⤞

"It's not uncommon during this time in New Leaf. There might very well be a nest of kits." Cloudflare mused, tail tip twitching slightly at the thought. If so, it might be best to leave some alive if they were big enough to run lest they wipe out next seasons prey.

"There's only one way to find out." With a subtle motion to announce his intention, the red classic bi color tom took his leave - following the trail of rabbit on the end of his nose while his partners followed suit. He'd pause when the warren's were visible - indicating with a nod before tossing a look over his shoulder, his low mew a near whisper.

"What's the plan? Should one of us flush out the rabbits within? Then you two could watch the exits and grab them when they try to flee."

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: