0 Likes
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player
Topic starter  

Honey makes the world go round
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

As usual Honeyglow's eyes fluttered shut, a wish to flit off to slumber but soon after he found his eyes blinking, bleary with half sleep. It wouldn't do any good to disturb the other elder's in the den. Most had already drifted off, soem were out and about, but this early in the morning was nearly time for the dawn patrol. His ears craned to listen to the banter of warriors out in camp, but Honeyglow's business wasn't with warriors at this moment.

He reckoned he should pay a visit to Flutterdream.

His large frame stepped from his mossy nest, an aching joint or two causing the aged cat only mild discomfort. Anything was better than sleepless nights, flighty dreams and the agony of back to back nightmares. Always faceless shadows and blood scent - stank like the force of a cat barrelling into you.

Heading towards the medicine cat's den, he paused only briefly to regard the dawn before stepping into the threshold of the den. He immediately was greeted with a wafting of drying herbs, and the older tom purred a deep note of satisfaction. In a way he was feeling better already.

"If you're here, Flutterdream, would you have a few moments for me?" He meowed sincerely, knowing medicine cats work was indeed important. Probably more important than his own woes.  

Day

Who

Flutterdream, Honeyglow & Whoever else

What

Sleepless nights

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Yami
 Yami
(@yamisnugbts)
Player Medicine Cat Player

"We must remember that the sun is a star, but not all the stars are the sun."

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Flutterdream was half-focused on making sure all her herbs were organized when the Elders voice broke her concentration. Her ears flicked backwards as Honeyglow entered her den turning her head to look at the ginger Tom. Letting out a purr in greeting, the Tortie made her way to the entrance. ”What can I do you for?” She mewed absentmindedly looking up at the older tom.

Not really spotting anything that could be bothering him, at least visually. Turning her head towards her slightly organized pile of herbs and the herbs she had yet to go through shot anxiety through the small she-cat. “ ‘less you just wanted somecat to talk to which is also something I can provide.” She continued making a mental note to just organize her herbs later. Not that she didn’t mind having another cat to talk to sometimes

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

Honeyglow inhaled the sweet, slightly tang of herbs drying and smiled. Soon he was greeted by the familiar voice of their medicine cat, and while a younger she-cat, had proved to be an asset to their clan. There was no ill will or grudes to be had - Starclan would choose who to take with them when their time came.

"Well, of course I wouldn't mind giving you some company if you'll have me. Seems as good of a thing as any when a cat can't seem to sleep." Large as he was he didn't feel cramped as he took a few nother steps in, allowing her to glance over him. With a nonshallant shrug of his shoulders, his eyes glanced around her homey abode.

"How have you been holding up, Flutterdream? Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy..." What had he even been up to lately...? The camp seemed like a bog due to the thunderstorms yesterday. He hoped that Flutterdream had managed to keep all her herbs dry.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Yami
 Yami
(@yamisnugbts)

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

"The usual I'm afraid." The tortoiseshell mewed looking over her shoulder once again at her half organized herb pile as she had to go through and pick out the unusable ones so they wouldn't make the whole batch contaminated. In that particular moment, Flutterdream had an idea since she had yet to take on an apprentice it would probably be good to let Honeyglow, essentially, borrow the nest so the tom wasn't overexerting himself,

"If you want we can move farther into the den to a nest that hasnt been really used since I was an Apprentice." Flutterdream mewed. It was true that nocat had laid in the nest for many seasons, but the she-cat made sure to change the bedding every once in a while. Maybe it would be a good idea to let anycat who has an issue or need someone to just listen just borrow the nest just until I get an apprentice. She thought as she padded further into the den pausing for a couple heartbeats, so the tom knew to follow her.  

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

The usual, for a medicine cat, at least, didn't seem too bad. It could be worse, the sick den could be filled with cats - but it was only Flutterdream in the den. Well, her and Honeyglow.

"That sounds like a good idea." He didn't understand why her offer had momentarily surprised him, but his purr of good humor followed her deeper into the den, peering passed her until his eyes fell on a small mossy nest.

"Every cycle, every Green Leaf... you'd think I'd be used to the heat already. I have a feeling it'll be a rough one." Have it be too hot in the day, even the strongest warrior could start panting. A weaker cat could have a heat stroke. Settling into the source of comfort, his tail gave a friendly flick. "What do you think? Is that something Starclan might tell you?"

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Yami
 Yami
(@yamisnugbts)

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

”I don’t believe so, I’m afraid.” The small she-cat mewed as she made her way over to her own nest so she sat directly across Honeyglow. “How long has the heats been bothering you?” She asked in the back of her mind she couldn’t help but think it could be some sort of outbreak, but it could just be old age. ”If it would help, I could ask Starclan at the next half-moon meeting to see if any of the other medicine cats are having the same issue.” Flutterdream offered self-consciously making a mental note to ask though with her being half-preoccupied with other things it would be kind of difficult for her to remember. 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Topic starter  

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

He couldn't help but purr, a soft little sound that reverberated against his chest. So far the weather hadn't been so harsh on him. Thunderstorms and rain was a bit soggy, sometimes water leaked in from the den. Sometimes. But Honeyglow wasn't about to spill out all his complaints to the medicine cat... but here he was.

"The heat hasn't been too bad so far. It could be worse. I could have a long pelt like Palestar." He flushed a bit at her speculation. Surely the weather affected all cats, btu maybe she could ask if they were having a worse wear with the thunderstorms.

"I haven't been sleeping well recently. I've been having a restless time of it all, and the heat doesn't help, but I dont think that's the only reason..." he smiled, pleased with her company and he wanted to assure her. "Nothing serious"

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN: