Notifications
Clear all

Closed Thread [Closed] Shift Change (11FG20)

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

Who: Hollyclaw and whoever else
What: Breakfast and such
When: Dawn on the 11th of First Green (2020)
Where: ShadowClan camp

Hollyclaw had just finished another night of guard duty and given watch over the western entrance to the next cat. The brown tabby looked up as the sky slowly lightened. There weren't rays of sun quite yet--dawn had just broken--but there was some fog settling in. There was something nice about padding through it. It felt peaceful and enhanced the quiet of the resting camp.

Hollyclaw supposed she could go rest up in the warriors' den, but waiting around as a sentry wasn't the most demanding job to her. She could wait before sleeping. The warrior stopped at the fresh-kill pile and looked it over instead. She took a water vole and carried it a couple tail-lengths away, but instead of eating right away, she left the vole at her paws, stifled a yawn, and stretched.

PCs:
Hollyclaw, Warrior of ShadowClan
Dawnflurry, Deputy of ShadowClan
Mistyleaf, Warrior of ThunderClan
Thornstrike, Warrior of RiverClan
Shadesleek, Warrior of WindClan
Morgan, Royal Scion of Camelot
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:
Hawkfeather, Elder of ShadowClan
Nettlesky, Warrior of RiverClan
Ceridwen, Princess of Camelot

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night
✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

An early vigilence brought a welcome tranquility upon camp. Gone was the dark canvas of night, mismatched eyes rising to catch the first glimmer of sunlight peeking between the roots. Palestar herself was a ghostly shadow, a sleek blurred form whose white fur caught the morning rays, a brief but welcome warmth.

She had just returned from a solitary outing. It wouldn't do to not take an oppertunity to hunt, even if her stroll was pleasant. She knew a great many of the creatures were active and confident in the dark, and so was she. An accomplished hunter always returned back with prey, and in this case, she did.
A pair of frogs hung from her jaws, caught by their legs and dangled as she walked into camp from the east entrance. They were a ruckus this time of year, and had made for easy targets before the fog rolled in.
She peered through the fog, narrowing eyes to squint to see a form near the fresh kill pile as she approached. She added the two frogs to the pile before choosing a water shrew to hold off her grumbling belly. From a closer vantage, Palestar recognized the cat nearby.
Her back arched with a tremor, welcoming the day as the fog cast the camp in a calm sort of light. "Good morning, Hollyclaw." She mewed, acknowledging the warrior as she sat near the other she-cat.

This post was modified 2 years ago 4 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

Hollyclaw finished her stretch and looked up when she heard her name. "Ah, good morning, Palestar," she replied brightly, noticing what the leader had added to the fresh-kill pile. "Nice frogs!" Hollyclaw was just fine with her vole, but she did enjoy frogs. They were fun to catch too. She was sure they'd given Palestar no trouble.

"I take it your trip went well?" Hollyclaw asked, settling down and tucking her paws beneath her chest.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night
✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

Palestar cocked a half cat smile at the greeting, pleased to see the other she-cat out and about after her shift. There was no telling who'd still be at camp, and it wasn't like she could easily see through the thick fog.

"If you can get passed their chewy exterior, they're quite pleasant."

Frogs were some of her favorite prey items, lizards too. Less fluff to concern yourself over was simply a more efficient and quick way to a meal.

"It was fine. A little night hunting to get the blood flowing. The swamps are filled with prey, and the prey seem none the wiser. How was your shift?"

Making for a bit of polite conversation, her mismatched eyes fell on her water shrew, tearing at it with her jaws before chewing off a manageable bite. The fresher frogs she caught earlier would give an elder or two the opportunity for a nice sunrise meal.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

Hollyclaw chuckled. "The chewy outside is just part of the experience," she agreed. That was what her mother would say anyway. That and how cats would have weak jaws if they only ate tender prey. "My shift was uneventful and quiet, aside from the all the frogs out there." She untucked her paws and began to eat her vole. "But I plan to check the den walls later and make sure there aren't any drafts." The air was pleasant right now, but there'd been a pattern of chilly, windy days and rain. She didn't want anyone sleeping uncomfortably.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

Frogs were plentiful this time of year when they called to each other in the reeds. They were a pawsend in leaf bare, but the weather was steadily warming - Starclan would look down on a green world once more. The she-cat blinked towards the other, tucking into another bite from the water shrew.

Once she swallowed the lukewarm prey, she replied. "I'd have been concerned if it were truly quiet."

Bad luck in the least when the swamp was full of those hopping singers. Practically announcing themselves that they were on the menu. Palestar murred in soft approval as she licked her lips. It was good sense to be proactive, especially when it had been windy these passed nights. The last thing they wanted was their elders to catch a draft.

"That's good thinking, Hollyclaw. See that you do." Her eyes strayed towards the southeast, a determined expression settling behind her dark mask. "I'm going to investigate weasel smell over at the Southplains treeline today. I'd be pleased if you joined me if you have the time."

Who knows how many she had scented - could be one, or a mated pair, either way, having some backup might be warranted.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

Of course checking the walls was a good idea. It was normal and expected maintenance. Even so, Hollyclaw was very glad to have Palestar's approval. It made her feel warm inside. The tabby's ears pricked up when Palestar mentioned her investigation. "Of course I have time to go," she affirmed with a nod. "Absolutely. Just let me know when." Even if there were no weasels, she'd go. It was better to be safe than sorry.

"How recent is the smell?" Hollyclaw asked before taking another mouthful. "Maybe we can catch them if they're still around." She knew weasels could stink, but they were perfectly edible and meat was meat.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

The sweetness of life lies in usefulness, like honey deep in the heart of a clover bloom.
☘️☘️☘️☘️

The morning was cool against Clovershine's fur as she slowly walked past the nursery. Her leg was always stiffer in the mornings, yet, she barely noticed it today. The nursery has been so quiet...she thought to herself, taking in one of her favorite areas of camp with her bright blue eyes. 

I can't wait until we have some kits running around again! 

Clovershine loved to start her days early. Despite the fact that being active as soon as possible was expected of a Warrior, Clovershine actually enjoyed the process. Mornings were calm and allowed for a moment's peace before the hustle and bustle of the day began. However, there were some that even seemed to beat the sun; such as her sister, Palestar. 

A small smile crossed Clovershine's maw as she noticed that exact cat across the clearing. Palestar looked regal, despite the early hours, and if Clovershine had to guess the longhaired leader must have just come in from a patrol based on the look resting her face. Always the determined one. Never an idle moment to be seen. Clovershine's thought was a mixture of feelings, both of fondness and a strange tinge of jealousy. 

Best not to think about that now. 

Limping her way across camp, Clovershine meowed out a greeting as she reached the freshkill pile where Palestar was sharing a meal with Hollyclaw. "Good morning, you two! How is everything on this brisk day? Oh, I hope I'm not intruding on anything!"

Willowfrost- Medicine Cat of RiverClan
Pinestep- Warrior of WindClan
Clovershine- Warrior of ShadowClan
Siofra- Domestic of Whiteheart

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

Palestar, while savoring the prey, ate as quickly as she could while still holding the warrior's attention. Sawing through another mouthful separated by fur, she swallowed another mouthful. A moment was given to make sure nothing remained to hinder her words before she spoke again.

Palestar didn't doubt Hollyclaw would make time to address such an inquiry. "The sooner the better - the last thing we want is a nest cutting into our prey supply. Caught wind of it yesterday, day or two, from the stink."

Palestar's mismatched eyes lifted once she heard the familiar trill of her sister, Clovershine, passing from the nursery den. While not outwardly displayed, at least to such severity, their was warmth in her voice as she spoke.

"Not at all, Clovershine. We were discussing tracking down weasel smell near the southplains treeline. Starclan willing, we'll catch them before they make a mess of things." Or, if not killed, they could be chased across the Thunderpath and into Thunderclan territory. Let vermin be vermin elsewhere.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

Hollyclaw nodded at Palestar's report. Getting to the weasels as soon as possible would be best. She was tearing off another chunk of vole when Clovershine arrived. "Morning, Clovershine," she mewed after swallowing. "You're not interrupting at all."

Hollyclaw returned her gaze to Palestar. "If there is a nest, there won't be after we're through with it." Hollyclaw would personally destroy every trace if she had to. "We just got out of leaf-bare. I'm not letting anything ruin this season."

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

The sweetness of life lies in usefulness, like honey deep in the heart of a clover bloom.
☘️☘️☘️☘️

Clovershine bunched up her nose at the mention of weasels. "Ooh, not those little critters!" she meowed "I never have been able to understand why they must make such a nuisance of themselves."

A quick swipe of her tongue brought a few hairs that she deemed unruly into the perfect position. Before continuing, she took a quick look around the camp. "It would be best to take plenty of cats with you. I'll be happy to come along if you need some extra backup!"

The pale she-cat knew that the two warriors were perfectly capable of taking care of some wiley weasels on their own, however, she rarely turned down an opportunity to get out of camp. Besides, her leg could use the stretch! 

Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧ ⭒ ✧

With a firm, resolute nod, Palestar mentally gave note to the warriors she now inscripted for the task at her side. Three able bodied cats would surely be enough to make sure the threat to their supply was eradicated. Hollyclaw had the right idea.

"Exactly. Detestable little creatures. The three of us will make quick, efficient work of it. Clovershine, Hollyclaw, if you're ready, let's go. No time like the present."

Meal finished, the she-cat arched her back before drawing her claws into the dirt. It wasn't long before her determined stride took her to the entrance of camp, and the territory beyond where she had caught wind of weasel.

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

"The more, the better," Hollyclaw agreed, feeling even better about their chances. If it came down to it, Hollyclaw planned to kill whatever weasels they found and bring them back to camp.

Don't waste food, she thought automatically, again echoing her mother's teachings. Hollyclaw gulped down the last bits of her vole and ran a few quick swipes across her face to wash it off and wake her limbs back up.

Today will be a good day and I'll sleep once this is over, Hollyclaw told herself. She gave another short stretch before going to join Palestar at the entrance.

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs:

Rinayla
(@rinayla)
Departed Game

☘️☘️☘️☘️

Clovershine nodded her head to signal she was ready and followed after Palestar as she headed towards the entrance of camp. It would be good to get out and stretch a little. 

Estellaria
(@estellaria)
Player Deputy Player
Topic starter  

((This leads to: Weasel Encampment (11FG20)))

PCs:
Duke, Rogue

NPCs: