Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Realm of Experience

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter

The Realm of Experience Clan Information document is growing up and becoming a rule. The page already functions more like a rule than a world documentation file anyways. In accordance it's been expanded to include more than clan cats realm of experience clarifications and will be shifted over to the Rules section of the Documents.

In an effort we're taking comments on the document now. This window will close in 3 days without comment, so get your thoughts in ASAP for discussion if you think anything is missing or not written in a clear enough way.

Realm of Experience refers to the idea that the cats of various groups experience life in a certain way that differentiates the language they use from that of humankind. It’s specifically used primarily to refer to words that lie outside their personal “Realm of Experience”. This means that, because certain groups of cats don’t experience life with humans than certain human words (or words that belong to various other groups) would not be amongst those they would know or learn.

This document will include details on various realms of experience that have been documented within CoSC so far, and will be subject to change as various realms of experience are identified and documented.

Clan Cats

The lives of cats who live in the four clans are vastly different than those experienced by cats exposed to humanity. Much of it is documented in the game information about clan cats.

EXAMPLES OF THINGS OUTSIDE CLAN RoE *

• Gemstones – ruby, sapphire, diamond, Etc
  • Slang – dude, smokin’, Etc
  • Domestic species gender words – stallion, mare, hen, rooster, bull, sow, heifer, Etc
  • Domestic species offspring words – foal, pup, piglet, Etc
  • Objects from a human household – wheel, toaster, fridge, clock, Etc
  • Species that do not exist in the wild in the Clan territories – lobster, zebra, ardwolf, Etc
  • Fruit from outside the Clan Territories - orange, banana, mango, Etc
  • Nuts from outside the Clan Territories - pistachio, cashew, almond, Etc

Domestic Cats - Whitehart

The lives of the domestic cats who live in the city of Whitehart alines greatly with the vernacular of humankind.

EXAMPLES OF THINGS OUTSIDE Domestic Whitehart RoE *

• Clan Ranks in the context of the Clans, unless specifically taught through Clan connections
  • Clan Vocabulary, unless specifically taught through Clan connections
  • Clan Vernacular, unless specifically taught through Clan connections

Semi-feral Cats - Whitehart

The lives of the semi-feral cats who live in and around the city of Whitehart might include mostly human language or lean away from that entirely.

EXAMPLES OF THINGS OUTSIDE Whitehart Semi-feral RoE *

• Clan Ranks in the context of the Clans, unless specifically taught through Clan connections
  • Human Indoor Objects, unless they have spent time indoors - Toaster, Television, Sofa

Feral Cats - Whitehart

The lives of the feral cats who live in and around the city of Whitehart might rarely include mostly human language , usually leaning away from that entirely.

EXAMPLES OF THINGS OUTSIDE Whitehart Feral RoE *

• Human Indoor Objects, unless they have spent time indoors - Toaster, Television, Sofa

⠀* This list is not all encompassing, but is intended to help guide and lead to an understanding of those words that fall outside the Whitehart Feral cat RoE. Over time other specific examples will be added.

Kitsufox, CoSC Owner & Administrator

Ashpaw ♂ Apprentice of ShadowClan
Boldstar ♂ Leader of RiverClan
Prudence ♀ Wanderer of Whitehart
Rowanglade ♀ Medicine Cat of WindClan
Savagefox ⚥ Warrior of ThunderClan
Stormkit ♀ Kit of RiverClan
Uther ♂ The Once and Future King

Posted : 18 February 2024 12:44 pm
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player

Hm.. as you're looking for thoughts, I think I'll contribute one;

I feel like something out of a clan cat's realm of experience could also be things such as human architecture. Really, this depends on how far we want to stretch-

I feel like "door" or "window" could be fine, as they have meanings that could still be definable to a cat- (such as a window on the side of a den, or drooping vines acting as a covering to a den- or a "door") They just probably wouldn't be able to identify human doors or windows as same things- maybe only similar (in the fact that a door is an entry way, and that a window is a way to look out at something)

however, things such as a human patio, buildings, or in general the terms of a city- such as a sidewalk, wouldn't be known to the cats in their base terms (perhaps something like a sidewalk could be referred to as a path in some way- similar to the vernacular of "thunderpath") for example, they wouldn't know what a skyscraper would be.

I'd also like to mention that I feel like "crystal" should be a permitted word, due to the moonstone- and the fact every warrior has seen it at least once, meaning that it would be widespread knowledge. It just could be considered a "special" word, meaning it would be too highly valued to be used in a cat's name. (I feel like they should also be able to compare it to the appearance of clear ice- like "the ice crystal shimmered before me.")

If I have other thoughts, I'll bring them up as well- but these are my current thoughts.

Moosestar ♂️ Thunderclan Leader
Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit
Greenfang ♀️ Thunderclan Warrior

Posted : 18 February 2024 1:24 pm
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

For some reason I want to make a list of fruits and nuts that would or would not be in the clan's vernacular. If anyone has anything to add, reply here!

Some fruits and nuts that WOULD be allowed within clan vernacular (native to clan cat region)
Fruits:
  • Apple
  • Cherry
  • Plum
  • "Berry", raspberry, blueberry, etc
Nuts:
  • Walnut
  • Beech
  • Hickory
  • Acorn
  • Pine nut
  • Pecan
  • Hazelnut

Some fruits and nuts that would NOT be allowed within clan vernacular (not native to region):

Fruits:

• Orange
  • Banana
  • Mango
  • Honeydew

Nuts:

• Pistachio
  • Cashew
  • Almond

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

Posted : 19 February 2024 9:05 pm
(@kitsufox)
Admin Applications Team, Information Drive, Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter

Posted by: @foxx

For some reason I want to make a list of fruits and nuts that would or would not be in the clan's vernacular.

This is a good idea for something we should note in the clan section. I'll work that into the next draft.

Posted : 29 February 2024 9:46 pm
(@kitsufox)
Topic starter

Posted by: @splashy

Hm.. as you're looking for thoughts, I think I'll contribute one;

I feel like something out of a clan cat's realm of experience could also be things such as human architecture. Really, this depends on how far we want to stretch-

I feel like "door" or "window" could be fine, as they have meanings that could still be definable to a cat- (such as a window on the side of a den, or drooping vines acting as a covering to a den- or a "door") They just probably wouldn't be able to identify human doors or windows as same things- maybe only similar (in the fact that a door is an entry way, and that a window is a way to look out at something)

however, things such as a human patio, buildings, or in general the terms of a city- such as a sidewalk, wouldn't be known to the cats in their base terms (perhaps something like a sidewalk could be referred to as a path in some way- similar to the vernacular of "thunderpath") for example, they wouldn't know what a skyscraper would be.

I'd also like to mention that I feel like "crystal" should be a permitted word, due to the moonstone- and the fact every warrior has seen it at least once, meaning that it would be widespread knowledge. It just could be considered a "special" word, meaning it would be too highly valued to be used in a cat's name. (I feel like they should also be able to compare it to the appearance of clear ice- like "the ice crystal shimmered before me.")

If I have other thoughts, I'll bring them up as well- but these are my current thoughts.

Did you know this thing won't let you quote more that once? weird.

As for words like door or window, I had hoped the list of examples clarified the type of object excluded. If you feel like it needs more clarity could you write a proposed version that you feel makes the intentions clearer?

As for Crystal... Quartz isn't a gemstone, it's actually a semi-precious stone so it's not actually currently excluded. though I do think adding "crystal" to the words considered sacred and ineligible for names is worth considering.

Posted : 29 February 2024 9:49 pm
(@kitsufox)
Topic starter

Posted by: @kitsufox

• Fruit from outside the Clan Territories - orange, banana, mango, Etc
  • Nuts from outside the Clan Territories - pistachio, cashew, almond, Etc

I added the following two lines to the clan section's list based on Faux's suggestion.

Posted : 10 March 2024 7:51 pm
(@kitsufox)
Topic starter

Final call! Otherwise I'm going to take this document in for final brush up and addition to the site!

Posted : 20 March 2024 4:05 pm
(@kitsufox)
Topic starter

Finalized!

See the finished document HERE!

Posted : 24 March 2024 7:11 pm