Ask to Join Watching the World Go By

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rage)
Player Information Drive, MCA Player, Genealogy Team
Topic starter  

Redkit:

Redkit sat plopped on his haunches outside the entrance of the nursery. His mother wasn't paying too close of attention to him; which was fine. He had no intentions of going anywhere. He gazed up through the briars overhead. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue and clear of all clouds. Redkit would have been content to just sit here and start at it all day and get lost on the endless void - if another cat didn't catch his eye.

An older tom, one he wasn't familiar with, was walking across the camp. He looked old. But Redkit was still young. So everyone was old to him. The tom had a really scarred face, and when he swung his head in a strange way - as if scenting- Redkit realized he had no eyes.

Freaky. And cool at the same time.

He glanced over his shoulder to see if his dame was watching before skittering across the camp, his back end almost overtaking his front end as he bounced up to the cat. "Who're you?" He stood a ways away - he didn't want to get batted if he scared them. "I'm Redkit. A warrior." He tried his best to sound bigger than he was. Maybe the cat would think he really was a warrior!

Day

Who

Redkit and Hickorystorm, and anyone who wants to be observed 👀

What

Cat 'watching' - Redkit makes observations about his clanmates to amuse Hickorystorm.

Where

Shadowclan Camp

Characters:
Coldgaze: (M) Stoic Riverclan Deputy
Gingerthrash: (M) Arrogant Thunderclan Elder
Lawn Gnome: (F) Motherly Semi-Feral Shecat
Piperpaw: (F) Meek Windclan Medicine Cat Apprentice
Sootpaw: (M) Bubbly Shadowclan Apprentice
Sturgeonkit: (M) Sleepy Riverclan Kit
Sunstrike: (F) Anxious Thunderclan Warrior
NPCs:
Quailcall: (F) Fierce Thunderclan Warrior

(@kazul_3383)
Player Medicine Cat Player, Leader Player, Deputy Player

Hickorystorm had awakened for the day and gone to use the dirtplace, only to return and make his way across camp after having done so. He couldn't scent any freshkill on the pile at the moment, but it didn't concern him. He'd wait for the hunting patrols to bring back something for him to pretend to hunt before he ate it.

The chocolate tabby and white tom found a spot out of the way along the briar wall and settled himself into a loaf to wait, enjoying the warm speckled sun on his pelt as he did so. His ears relaxed as he prepared himself for to doze a bit before they perked at the sound of tiny paws pattering over to him. One of Clovershine's kits from the scent of it, but as he hadn't met them, he didn't know which one it was.

His unspoken question was answered as the kit demanded to know he was and then announced that they were Redkit. "Not a warrior yet, but one day, you will be." He purred in amusement, whickers twitching before answering the kit's demand. "My name is Hickorystorm. I'm..... one of the elders." It still felt a little shameful admitting his new place in the clan, but he remembered what Shadesleek had told him- he should be proud he had survived the hawk attack, especially with the severity of injuries he had been given.

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)
Admin Applications Team, Leader Player, MCA Player

Tiptoe through the murk and mire
✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

A dark shaped moved within the nursery, action stirring the kit to an alert state. He sniffed after the cream cat whom he had started to come to know, and he left the side of his adopted dame - Clovershine. He was now not a kit of the wilds, but Murkkit of Shadowclan, but everything still seemed hard to swallow. Half lidded eyes darting towards the she-cat as she fussed with Dazzlekit, before Murkkit began to sneak. Tiptoeing on soft paw pads, he made his way after Redkit as he sprinted out of the den. Giving another pause to track the she-cat's line of sight, he followed suit as quietly as he could. He and his former siblings had already gotten some practice at being quiet as they were on the move, without attracting attention. And so Murkkit moved closer towards the sightless tom ahead, coming towards Redkit's flank before he tried to approach as silently s possible towards Hickorystorm's opposite side. He was curious to know if the tom would notice him, if Redkit was enough of a distraction... The tip of his dark tail betrayed his excitement, although the tom-kit's face was intense. 

FROM RIVERCLAN:

Cottonbright, ♀ Anxious Warrior
Nettlepaw, ♂ Cynical Medicine Cat's Apprentice
Merrykit, ♀ Contented Kit
Otterwhisker, ♀ Adventurous Elder

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Brindlepaw, ♀ Selfish Apprentice
Bravesong, ♂ Gracious Elder
Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

Cloudflare, ♂ Suave Warrior
Barleyswipe, ⚧ Ornery Elder

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader
Honeyglow, ♂ Reserved Elder
Murkkit, ♂ Opportunistic Kit

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Ahryndae, ♀ Princess of Camelot

Lelouch Von Noon, ♂ Marquess of Noon Cattery

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

Redkit sized up the elder, taking in his scars. So he could still tell what Redkit looked like, even without eyes. This was seriously cool stuff! He would have to learn from this cat. He plopped down next to Hickorystorm, and watched Murkkit practice stalking for a few moments before whispering - in a rather terrible whisper. "Stap! He can't see you, that's mean!"

Having said what he wanted to say, he sat back and took another survey of the campsite. There were cats moving about their day, and he had something to say about it. Maybe since Hickorystorm was an elder he could help Redkit out!

"I'm on a super secret warrior mission." He explained to the young elder. "I have to know all about the other warriors of the clan. It's really important." It was important - but just to him. He wanted to know who these cats were; what they did, where they went, what they thought of him and the other cats in the clan. Heck - maybe Hickorystorm knew about other clans!

"So! Who's that long furred red n' white cat. He seems... boring. I bet when he was a kitten, he washed behind his ears when his mom said to" Redkit flopped on the ground beside Hickorystorm, his little body pressing into his side. "Boooooringgggg."

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Just as he had heard paw steps and caught Redkit's scent initially emerging from the nursery, so Hickorystorm was able to catch the scent of another kit emerging. He didn't know this kit's scent either, but deduced that it was Clovershine's newly adopted kit for while it's scent became more Shadowclan everyday, a distinct 'not-clan' tinge still linger and tickled the nose.

He turned his head towards Murkkit and lazily batted a paw at the bold kit. "Nice try, but the breeze brought your scent to me instead of taking mine to you." As Redkit flopped on his other side, as the blind tom was aware of where the brighter kitten was as the shifting of his whiskers and the sound of the small form settling in the grass.

Warrior mission eh?

"Getting to know your clanmates is a very good thing to do. Sometimes you can learn important things by doing so." He supposed he could play along and see where this ended up going before agreeing with a 'serious' mew. He attempted to visualize the cat with the description he was given.

A red and white cat with long fur and escribed as a he. Hickorystorm though he knew who the kit was talking about, but he opened his jaws and drew in the air to try catching the scent of the cat Redkit was describing.

"That red and white tom is Dawnflurry. He's the clan deputy. I bet if you ask him, his life is anything but boring. Deputies take over after a leader loses their nine lives, otherwise they support the leader and the decisions the leader makes. as well as plan the day's patrols." He waited to see if the other kit had questions or if Redkit wanted to know who other cats were.

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

With his tiny rump waving playfully in the air, he was just about to pounce on the unsuspecting tom when all of the sudden Redkit blurted out his griviences. With a frown, the tips of his ears flicked against his skull, showing his displeasure at being revealed. "I was just practicing, no need to spoil the fun." If he hadn't dipped down into his pouncing stance he may have been batted by Hickorystorm, but instead he stepped back, head cocking with his cat mouth pursed with concentration.

"Aw, so the wind was against me? You still seem to see pretty good - even though you don't have any eyes! Where did they go -?" He had already forgiven Redkit's transgression and his own disappointment at being caught to instead question the brown tom in front of him, head craned up at the tom's opposite side. He stood on all four feet before he padded to his front, studying him a bit more as he continued to talk. He was already learning so much about this new place, but something stuck him as wonderous.

"I bet you could do a lot of cool things with nine lives..." His voice trailed off a bit slowly, before he halfheartedly batted at Redkit's tail as he lounged by Hickorystorm. "I wish Mother had nine lives - even a second one would be better than just one. What happens if there's accident - there's no do-over." Murkkit heaved a heavy sigh, hoping he wouldn't get cuffed over his ears for speaking about his past life.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Faux

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

Redkit looked at his brother. "If your dame had 9 lives, I bet she would have given them to you. I know I would give a life to Dazzlekit if I could - especially if I had some to spare. Plus, if I had nine lives I would be pretty sad." He turned to Hickorystorm. "I would be older than everyone else! There would be no one to play with me." A thought occurred to him."When the leader dies, do they get reborn as a kit? That would be pretty fun - but would they be an apprentice again then?"

A pale, white cat walked into camp and started talking with the boring - ahem - the deputy. He had seen her before. She often talked to the younger cat - the black and white one who brought Clovershine a duck that one time. He tilted his head thinking.

"The white cat. Is she the leader? Does she know Clovershine?" He shifted with endless kit energy, wiggling like a worm even though he was sitting still.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
(@kazul_3383)

Hickorystorm's ears shifted, one towards each kit, to hear them better as they moved around him. "Which one of Clovershine's kit are you?" He asked Murkkit curiously before once more introducing himself. "My name is Hickorystorm. As for what happened to my eyes.... "

His voice trailed off as he sighed softly. There it was. The kits wouldn't know what happened to him and only have questions when they noticed he was different from them. Well, at least he had a story to tell them- hopefully Clovershine hadn't already told them this one- and maybe hearing their reactions might help bolster his pride over the whole thing. Then again, they were kits, so maybe not.

"I was surprise attacked by a hawk when I was out hunting a few moons back with Clovershine." The chocolate tabby tom's voice started off soft before growing stronger as he continues on. "If you want, I can tell you what I know of the story in between giving Redkit important mission details."

As the other kit lounged against him and heaved a sigh, Hickorystorm's head moved as if he were looking down at the kit- a movement so natural from having had sight that he still did so in blindness as well.

"Unfortunately, it is only the select few leaders who are granted nine lives in service to the clan." He reached down to give the kit a gentle nudge with his nose, an awkward attempt to comfort but an attempt nevertheless. Then Redkit chimed in and the older tom considered what was said. "Queens love their litters a lot. They give up the lives to protect them regularly. But at the same time, not having a guarenteed do-over is what makes life exciting and fun a lot of the time."

When he heard a cat step into camp and start speaking with Dawnflurry, he found he hadn't considered that end to their leader. "Naw, I don't think so, Redkit." He replied after a thoughtful pause. "Leaders are already given nine lives, if they aren't leader anymore, then it wouldn't really be fair to the rest of the clan. It'd be like they have ten lives instead of nine."

Who knew kits could be so deep?

He inhaled softly to see who had gone up to Dawnflurry. "If it's the she-cat I'm thinking of, she's actually not all white. If you look close, you'll see she has darker stripes along her legs, tail and face. That would be our leader, Palestar. If I remember right, she's Clovershine's littermate."

ReplyQuote
Faux
 Faux
(@foxx)

✧ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ♖ ⭒ ♦ ⭒ ✧

The kit in question puffed out his chest, long body trying its hardest to puff out the mid-length fringe of fur along his chest and tail to make himself look bigger than he actually was. Well, it wasn't like the tom could actually see him - but maybe he'd smell his conviction. "I'm Murkkit...And I guess Clovershine is my mother now. Which would make Dazzlekit and Redkit my brothers." At the mention of the cream mackerel and white kit, the blue mink tomkit batted at him as he wriggled. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of it now - he supposed it'd be better than having nothing at all.

He shuddered as he felt a nose descend upon him, half flinching as he turned up as if touched by a worm. Out of surprise than actual disgust, but his sightlessness unnerved the kit a bit. "Oooh, so you survived a hawk attack? I bet you don't know that I almost was taken by a taw-nee owl - at night! My mother batted it away and -" He cast a glance over his shoulder before he started to smooth down his coat with his tongue. "I helped, a' course." So far he wasn't the most articulate when describing a story, but a part of him thought less of Hickorystorm for losing his eyes when his mother had come out of the encounter relatively unscathed.

"I've had so many adventures - Why do we have to stay in the nursery? I wanna go out and explore! It can be part of your secret warrior mission, Redkit."

FROM RIVERCLAN:

FROM THUNDERCLAN:

Wildcry, ♀ Fierce Elder

FROM WINDCLAN:

FROM SHADOWCLAN:

Palestar, ♀ Stern Leader

FROM WHITEHART & BEYOND:

Kosmo, ♂ Disturbed Rogue

ReplyQuote
(@rage)
Topic starter  

Oh, she did have stripes on her legs. He hadn't noticed that before about Palestar. But Redkit's eyes narrowed as he watched her. So they were related huh? And she still hadn't made him a warrior? Some aunt she was!

"I don't believe you found a Tawnee Owl." He sprang to his feet and hopped after his brother, making half-hearted spits as he went in an attempt to look spooky. "and fought it! You would lose to a mossball!" He wasn't entirely joking with that statement but meant no harm; even if it came off as mean.

"Ahem. But the reason is so that we don't make 'em look bad." Redkit sat up from his 'spooky crouch' and attempted to look dignified. "If kits made warriors look bad, they would be so embarrassed! So Palestar wants to keep us away 'til we are old 'nuff that we won't hurt their feelings with our awesomness.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote