Open to Join Rogue Report

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
mushroom
(@mushroom)
Player
Topic starter  

Wrentalon couldn't help but nearly rush back to camp, but he kept in pace with Sunstrike as much as his paws would let him. Who knows where that rogue was going off to, or how many allies he had? His fur hadn't gone down entirely, nor had his nerves settled, as he burst back through the gorse tunnel into camp. He didn't care about the couple of odd stares that came his way from cats who had just been sunning themselves or enjoying a piece of fresh-kill; he wouldn't be able to calm down until this matter was settled. Immediately, he set about finding Moosestar, itching to get all of this information out while it was still fresh.

Day

Who

Wrentalon, Sunstrike, Moosestar, possibly Tigerrush

What

Reporting back on a rogue that has been stealing herbs from Thunderclan.

Where

Thunderclan camp

Wrentalon, Thunderclan warrior
Heronsong, Shadowclan warrior
Briarfang, Riverclan warrior
Fallkit, Windclan kit

(@rage)
Player Information Drive, MCA Player, Genealogy Team

Sunstrike allowed Wrentalon to pull ahead of her, but kept within earshot of him. She was still worried about the potential for a surprise attack, but the farther they travelled into the territory the more her worries were quelled.

That being said.

Even though she was sure that the loner had been spouting mouse-dung, a part of her brain considered the possibility that perhaps he was telling some truth. The clan being 'cursed' seemed impossible, yet poor Dustpaw had passed and no one seemed to know what happened. That, and the fox body had been found - also dead with no explanation.

Perhaps this was something to bring up to Tigerrush rather than Moosestar, but at the moment finding the leader was top priority, even as her neck ached from the bite. She split off from her companion, checking in places that weren't immediately obvious; such as ontop of High Rock. Her resting glare deterred questioning as she leapt onto the warm stone and scanned the camp for the lanky tomcat.

Characters:
Coldgaze: (M) Stoic Riverclan Deputy
Gingerthrash: (M) Arrogant Thunderclan Elder
Lawn Gnome: (F) Motherly Semi-Feral Shecat
Piperpaw: (F) Meek Windclan Medicine Cat Apprentice
Sootpaw: (M) Bubbly Shadowclan Apprentice
Sturgeonkit: (M) Sleepy Riverclan Kit
Sunstrike: (F) Anxious Thunderclan Warrior
NPCs:
Quailcall: (F) Fierce Thunderclan Warrior

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player

You're a Rockstar, a Superhero!
Get up, get up and show 'em what you're made of!

‹‹‹‹ ★ ››››

Oblivious to the rush within the camp, Moosestar was in the warrior's den, assisting his mother in twisting some brambles together to repair a hole. Up in the top of the den, bright sunlight revealed a gap which would allow rain to pour in if a rainfall decided to come and surprise the clan.

However, with the sounds of commotion outside, along with a rush of scent, he murmured to Greenfang that he needed to see what made such racket, and that she should search for another warrior for assistance.

Trotting out of the den, he peered out to see Sunstrike on the top of the stone, along with the rustling and rush of scent of Wrentalon as well, her patrolmate. Along with them.. the scent of blood, fox, and even.. rogue, accompanying them. His fur prickled in spots.

"Wrentalon, Sunstrike!"

He called, beckoning them to be beneath the shade of High Rock. His tail gave just the occasional little twitch, which clearly indicated something. Whether it was anxiety, anger, or thought, was what was hard to determine.

"What happened?" 

Moosestar ♂️ Thunderclan Leader
Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit
Greenfang ♀️ Thunderclan Warrior

ReplyQuote
mushroom
(@mushroom)
Player
Topic starter  

Wrentalon bounded over to his leader beneath the High Rock. Moosestar was a hard cat to read--he could be nervous or furious and Wrentalon would never know the difference. His pelt was suddenly prickling with the gazes of his bewildered clanmates, and he took a single moment to compose himself. He was a warrior. It was his duty to protect the clan, not cause panic. He began to run through the entire story with Moosestar, detailing the rogue tom claiming to be a medicine cat, yet bearing no clan scent and stealing herbs from Thunderclan territory. "He blatantly disregarded our scent-marks," Wrentalon said. "I don't know who he was, but he was not of any clan, though he pretended to be. I fear there may be more than just him, as well. He could have just been stealing cat-mint for himself, I suppose, but the way he spoke...he acted as though he were part of a whole clan! Sunstrike can vouch for this."

Tail puffed up, Wrentalon's claws dug restlessly into the dirt, despite his best efforts to control himself. "I, for one, feel that Thunderclan would be much safer if we patrolled that area more often. Kept up our guard against invading cats."

Fallkit, Windclan kit

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

Sunstrike stepped off high rock as Moosestar appeared, joining her leader and age-mate in the shade. She let Wrentalon take point - explaining their run in with the rouge. She kept her tail curled around her body as she sat in an attempt to stop it from lashing in agitation.

Moosestar seemed worried; or disappointed? or Angry? She tried to keep her hackles flattened. She wished she knew what the leader was thinking.

As Wrentalon finished, she piped up. "He is well trained - and very familiar with the Warrior code. I..." She stopped herself before she mentioned the 'curse' that was supposedly on Thunderclan. It was best to bring that up to Tigerrush and Moosestar in private, rather than tell the whole clan and potentially start panic and rumours. "I can't help but wonder if he is perhaps an ex-medicine cat or a disgraced apprentice, with his knowledge of herbs. In any case more than two cats should be sent to secure the borders in the future." She felt the bite on her neck twinge - as if in agreement.

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
Player Leader Player

You're a Rockstar, a Superhero!
Get up, get up and show 'em what you're made of!

‹‹‹‹ ★ ››››

Moosestar looked to the two cats listening to them with torn ears that couldn't seem to stop twitching. His attention was most certainly on them, but he seemed to also be assuring himself that no rogue had followed them either.

When the two finished their report, he closed his eyes for a moment, released a breath, then opened them again, his temperament appearing to have lightly calmed- for the moment. His twitching of ear and tail relaxed, and his pupils widened lightly with a more relaxed disposition. 

"Thank you, Wrentalon; Sunstrike, for bringing this to me as fast as you could.

Because of the herb-stealing, I want Tigerrush involved to also consider the severity.

Sunstrike, get yourself to Tigerrush. Once you are treated, bring her to my den and we will speak further.

And Wrentalon, set the apprentices and, for the younger of them, their mentors, to work on strengthening the camp's walls.

I will also alert [deputy] to assign a second warrior to the camp entrance until this is resolved.

Move quickly. Even if we only just now have detected this, we may not have much time."

From there, Moosestar turned, trotting towards [deputy] to get to work on getting the clan assembled to prepare for a worst-case scenario.

Moosestar ♂️ Thunderclan Leader
Hailkit ♀️ Riverclan Kit
Greenfang ♀️ Thunderclan Warrior

ReplyQuote
mushroom
(@mushroom)
Player
Topic starter  

Wrentalon's own ears flicked as listened to the leader. A rush of relief came over him as Moosestar delivered his verdict, and Wrentalon's shoulders settled. "He took that well, at least," he mewed to Sunstrike, satisfied, as the leader padded away. "I suppose enforcing the wall is a good thing to do. I do hope he listens to you about the patrols, at least for that area. There was something weird about that loner, though...I don't think Moosestar or anyone else is going to realize it until they meet him for themselves. Unsettling." He worked the ground with his claws, tearing for a moment at the grass before jumping up to attend to his new duties.

"You get that wound checked out. Let's hope this is enough to kick things into action."

(Wrentalon's done for this thread, I think, unless we want to include him and RP Sunstrike and Tigerrush talking to Moosestar. Whatever works)

Fallkit, Windclan kit

ReplyQuote
(@rage)

𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓

Sunstrike sighed at the idea of visiting Tigerrush, but it was probably for the best. She did have to ask the medicine cat about the ominous tidings that the loner had shared. At the very least a medicine cat could bring it up to Moosestar in a more... calm manner.

"Good luck with the apprentices." She watched him go before picking herself up and trotting off to the medicine cat den. Surely she was fine; the pain was almost gone at this point.The den was cooler than the ambient air of the day and she revelled in the cooler soil beneath her paws.

"Tigerrush?" She sat herself just inside the entrance and settled down to wait. "Moosestar sent me."

𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓☼𖤓

Characters:
NPCs:

ReplyQuote